This was our second stay at the Amari and we enjoyed it very much. We were up graded when we got there the first time and our room was very good. It was cleaned perfectly every day by the staff. Reception was always very helpful if we needed to ask any questions or if we had a querie with our bill.
We stopped over the road on the quieter side with the quieter pool. Last year the pool boy was very good. He came round all the time asking if we needed a drink or any food. But this year there was another pool boy who just was not interested at all so we did not have any drinks or food by the pool. However 2 days before we left the pool boy from last year had returned and service was very good again.
We went back this year the same time as last and what a difference in the pool area!!!! It was as if all the schools were off and it was like a kinder garden. It was coming up to Chinese New Year and all the children were screaming and shouting with the parents not taking any notice at all. At one stage there were 25 young pre school children in the pool and we couldn't hear ourselves think!!!!! They were so loud it was unbelievable.
As for the hotel and service we could not fault it at all again.
Staff at breakfast were very helpful and friendly all the time. Nothing was to much trouble for them. The food was also plenty full all the time and the variety was excellent.
Also the staff in the bar area were so helpful and friendly and very quick with the service of an evening.
In the happy hour all the drinks were buy one get one free and it was very reasonable.
The hotel put on a welcome evening once a week where all the senior staff came and introduced themselves to the guests and asked if we had any problems or suggestions. This we found was a very nice touch and the free drinks and nibbles were excellent.
We would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. It was one of the best hotels in the area.
Sandra and Jim Ward
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cushioned by soft white sands and sparkling waters, Amari welcomes you to one of the most idyllic islands in the Gulf of Thailand. A gem set apart from the rest of the world, Amari on Koh Samui invites you to live out your days on island time, where there is always time for another dip in the pool or another walk on the beach. Turn off your clock, enter our time zone, and let Amari take care of the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Priceline, Agoda, Travelbag, Amari Hotels, Ebookers, Hotelopia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Amari Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Amari Palm Reef Hotel
- Amari Palm Reef Resort
- Amari Koh Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng