“Great location, "careful" some rooms are 3 star level”
Review of Amari Koh Samui

Amari Koh Samui
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

The resort has good location near the busy area of Chaweng with many restaurants and all sort of shops. From the airport takes about 15min costs 130bht shared mini van or 500bht for taxi.  The Resort has two parts separated by a busy road. The first part has the reception, the main swimming pool, the beach,       breakfast and the sea view rooms
The second part is not on the beach. Most of the hotel rooms are on the second part. Some
of the rooms are 4.5 star level but some of them are 3 or 3.5 star levels. I have been given one of those rooms first. I requested to move to a better room because I payed high price for a 5 star resort. There are two pools both are lovely  The breakfast is very good and has a wide range of food. Again it cannot be compared to 5 star breakfast. The beach is good for swimming though it has some sea weeds and shallow but it is ok. Check-in was delayed due to room change which should not be.  They should assigned 5 star room from the beginning - why making the guest request to change. Motorcycle renting from the hotel costs 300bht, just outside the hotel it cost 200bht. All staff where super friendly and helpful, specially Nataya who was welcoming and smiling with all guests. The rooms has free WiFi. Check out was fast. Many restaurants, shops, massage shops ...  etc.  on the main road near the hotel in Chaweng. On the beach there are also nice restaurants and massage. The hotel is in a good location.

• Stayed: March 2014
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Helal1,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent experiences at Amari Palm Reef, Koh Samui.

I am thrilled to read our team here were able to provide you with a postive experience and delighted hear your postive feedback regarding Nataya, she works tirelessey to ensure our guests experience the best we have to offer, I will pass on your comments to her.

I am also happy to see you enjoyed our location, our breakfast ( we are always looking to improve the presentation, quality and selection) and check out was fast.

I would like to apologize for the delayed check-in and room change, we have taken your feedback comments very seriously and as such addressing this issue with the concerned department to ensure it does not reoccur. We recognize are rooms are in need of work as a result, we have planned next year a hotel refurbishment to upgrade all our rooms to a 4.5 star level.

I do thank you for your comments however and I do hope that next time we welcome you back we can push you rating to a five star.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Good:
-Great location
-Awesome pools especially for families
-Family suites excellent and wonderful beds
-Cleaning services great and grounds well maintained

Bad:
-Extremely poor and rude food service staff
-Drinks watered down
-REALLY, REALLY BAD Wi-Fi

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank CanadianFamily12345

Dear Canadianfamily1,

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience with us. Of course I am dissapointed to learn that your overall experience was anything less than perfect. Please accept our apologies for the issues you highlighted.

We at Amari Koh Samui take these issues very seriously, as such will take action and investigate these issues you highlighted. I would appreciate if you are able to reach out to me directly and elaborate further on these issues.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed our location ( we recieve many postive comments on our location), pool and cleaning services.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments and I admit that I am confident that we could definitely impress in the future should you decide to guve us the chance.

shane.langdon@amari.com

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Travelled to koh samui wid friends last year for the full moon party .. selected this hotel . I enjoyed samui very much, enjoyed the room and the staff at the hotel was also good . Good location . breakfast was also good .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear puns10,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent experience at Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our rooms, location and breakfast. I am particulary thankful for highlighting our staff .

Overall however. I am delighted to know that you left us happy and we certainly hope to welcome you back again soon...and rest assured we will be aiming for five stars next time!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Our accommodation was across a busy road from the hotel reception and beach area and was surrounded by beautifully kept gardens. The room was very clean and comfortable with clean towels provided every day. The hotel staff were helpful and eager to please. The hotel's location is great as it is close to bars, restaurants and shops. There was plenty choice at breakfast and we found the prices charged for drinks and food were very reasonable.

Room Tip: Rooms across the road from the hotel are surrounded by beautifully kept gardens and there is a lovel...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Katie 1956,

Thank you for your review of Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with the Tripadvisor community.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed everything from our location, to the room and onto our daily buffet breakfast where are always trying to improve.

I am also thrilled to hear our staff were able to provide with you a postive experience ensuring that you were happy and satisfied.

Katie 1956, thanks again for sharing your thoughts here and I hope that we will once again welcome you back next time. Dont leave it too long!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

we have travelled around the world and stayed in many four and five star hotels, but by far the best is the amari palm reef resort in Koh Samui. All the staff are attentive kind and caring, from the gardener to the management team.We cannot thank you enough for you kindness and care, what a great holiday.

Room Tip: go for a junior suit, the views are amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael p,

First of all, thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us, I am delighted to know that you left with such an amazing impression and had a "great holiday"

I am so delighted to know when we manage to create such an incredible impression. .I can honestly say we have a team which endeavours to connect on a personal level with so many of our guests and to create an unforgettable experience

Thank you again for sharing such positive feedback and we certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm wishes

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed this one. Its not 5 star, but it makes up for the stars with excellent service, as is expected by Amari, and a location that is simply stunning. 3 Nights here to get the vibe of Chaeweng , and then to move on to the quieter Bophut. Amari is quite, but is close to great restaurants to cater for all tastes. Just one issue with the bathrooms....... Whilst it just passes..... I believe that Amari can do better with an upgrade on the fittings which seem dated. All in all, this is great value for money with a great beach ( a bit shallow for my liking), close to the main strip to enjoy and return to the Oasis that is Amari.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Hello AshishPMB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your "WOW" review of your recent experience with us.

I am delighted our staff made such an impression with their ' Excellent Service", as its an area we are continuing to focus on, and as such I will pass on your comments to the team. I am also thrilled to read you thought our location was " "Simply Stunning"

As for the issue you highlighted, we have identified this issue, and as a result currently planning to upgrade our rooms and facilities over the next year

Thank you again for such a positive review and of course I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

In the meantime, please accept warm wishes from us all.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Enjoyed a wonderfully chilled out week here. Every member of staff was so pleasant,helpful and trying to make our stay memorable. They succeeded ! Everything here is on your doorstep. Great food choice and the quality was excellent. 2 wonderfully different pools and the beach just a hop away.
Just a short walk from the many bars,restaurants and shops .
Would highly reccomend this hotel

Room Tip: We had a garden view room and this was more than adequate. Sea view would be nice but not many are a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jon D

Hello JonDTaunton_En,

Thank you for such a wonderful review...thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I am delighted to read that " Every member of staff was pleasant, helpful and trying to make your stay memorable - they succeeded. We do always aim to impress and of course it's always wonderful to know when we get things right.

I am also thrilled to see you were impressed by our food and I will pass on your feedback to our chef and his team.

JonDTaunton-En, thanks again for sharing your thoughts here and I hope that we will once again welcome you both back next time. Dont leave it too long!

All the best and warm wishes