“Beautiful.”

Ranked #9 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Beautiful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

We've just moved on from an excellent 11 nights here. Service is excellent and we were so well looked after. At check in, we were told they had reserved 2 different rooms to choose from , both in the same price category we had paid for. One was a lower level bungalow, quite near the road, and the garden was hemmed in by high trees, the second was more suited to us. An upper level, so the balcony was above the foliage, over looking Prego Restaurant.

Two pools, one very peaceful and you'd almost have it to yourselves, the second one right onto the beach. The hotel also has sunbeds on the beach and scattered about under the welcome shade of the trees.

Understandably, you aren't supposed to take food and drink into the hotel from outside, but on the beach sun beds you can get a beer from the beach vendors for 50 baht, trays of fresh fruit the same. Lots of little beach places to get a bite at lunch time, and also at night. The beach is well lit and plenty of people around, so your quite safe walking home under the stars, by the lapping waves rather than on the outside road, dodging the traffic.

We were here for our 25th wedding anniversary, and on the day we had a lovely chocolate cake, an arrangement of flowers, and the bed decorated with petals. Lovely little touches. Thank you Amari.

Our room rate included breakfast - delicious. So much choice, whatever your palette, constantly being replenished. Great egg bar that you could get whatever you choose. What better way than to start the day overlooking the sea.

Getting about is easy, use the local tuk tuk bus. You need to barter a bit with the price, but the general rule seems to be 50 anywhere in the retort and 100 to go further afield such as to Lamai, or Bophut. Consider Bophut's Fishermans Village on a Friday Night, really lively market there, and lovely places to eat too.

And if you feel up to it, rent a car for a day. The island is only 52km round, but you can shoot up roads and villages you don't get to see on the guided tours. Driving is easy if you're from UK or Australia as its the same side of the road. We were told 500 baht petrol would see us through the day, and that was spot on!

Would thoroughly recommend the hotel. Great location, just on the quieter outskirts of the main resort. Clean, welcoming, efficient. Beautifully laid out and lovely gardens. Give it a try, you wont be disappointed.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Hilary S
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Hilary S,

First of all, thank you for your " beautiful" review of your recent stay with us, I am delighted to know that you left with such an amazing impression and " would thoroughly recommend the hotel"

I am happy to read that our team provided excellent service and you were looked after during your stay. I am also thrilled to hear that our breakfast buffet impressed and it was a " great way to start the day", we will continue to look at ways to improve our breakfast quality, variety and presentation.

We here at Amari make a point of recognizing our guests special occasion and ensure they receive a small gift to celebrate their special day. I am delighted you appreciated our small touch.

Thank you again for sharing such positive feedback and we certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm wishes
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

In adequate check-in info can lead to huge charges for phoning from your room. This was our experience upon checking out whereby the manager would rather argue and act nasty rather than politely negotiating some fairness.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
jandaKosamui,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience during your recent stay. Of course I am disappointed to learn that your overall experience was anything less than perfect. Please accept our apologies for the issues you highlighted.

You feedback was and still is appreciated, I would like to offer you the opportunity to contact me directly to elaborate on the issues you highlighted, as it is only this feedback we can truly improve our product and service delivery,

Again, thank you for sharing your comments. I must admit that I am confident that we could definitely impress in the future should you decide to give us the chance

shane.langdon@amari.com
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

A very clean and well appointed hotel. We stayed over the road from the main hotel and beach but never a problem. There are 2 great swimming pools one in each section. The rooms are beautifully done with the most comfy of beds.
Breakfast was memorable with a great variety of things to choose from.
A short walk along the beach to some lovely restaurants and a great little beach bar for the best
Mojitos.
Will definitely come back to this hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alsky51
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Alsky51,

First of all, thank you for your "Great" review of your recent stay with us, I am delighted to know that you left with such an amazing impression and will definitely return to the property.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed everything from the "well appointed room" to our swimming pool and our location. I am particularly thankful for highlighting our breakfast buffet, we are very proud of our breakfast, however we are always looking at ways to improve the selection, variety and quality.

Warm wishes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

When out for a mates wedding as he was getting wedding at this hotel. Have to say this was a lovely hotel in a great location and the day of my mates wedding was amazing and the staff did a great job with the whole day. It was also my birthday while I was out there and the hotel gave me a birthday cake free of change which I though was a lovely touch

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Adam B,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent experience at Amari Palm Reef, Koh Samui.

I am pleased to read your " mates" wedding was amazing and our team did a great job on this special day. I am delighted you enjoyed our complementary birthday cake and I agree its a nice touch. Its a small thing, however it means alot to our guests ,that we recognize their birthday.

Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

The resort has good location near the busy area of Chaweng with many restaurants and all sort of shops. From the airport takes about 15min costs 130bht shared mini van or 500bht for taxi.  The Resort has two parts separated by a busy road. The first part has the reception, the main swimming pool, the beach,       breakfast and the sea view rooms
The second part is not on the beach. Most of the hotel rooms are on the second part. Some
of the rooms are 4.5 star level but some of them are 3 or 3.5 star levels. I have been given one of those rooms first. I requested to move to a better room because I payed high price for a 5 star resort. There are two pools both are lovely  The breakfast is very good and has a wide range of food. Again it cannot be compared to 5 star breakfast. The beach is good for swimming though it has some sea weeds and shallow but it is ok. Check-in was delayed due to room change which should not be.  They should assigned 5 star room from the beginning - why making the guest request to change. Motorcycle renting from the hotel costs 300bht, just outside the hotel it cost 200bht. All staff where super friendly and helpful, specially Nataya who was welcoming and smiling with all guests. The rooms has free WiFi. Check out was fast. Many restaurants, shops, massage shops ...  etc.  on the main road near the hotel in Chaweng. On the beach there are also nice restaurants and massage. The hotel is in a good location.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Helal1,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent experiences at Amari Palm Reef, Koh Samui.

I am thrilled to read our team here were able to provide you with a postive experience and delighted hear your postive feedback regarding Nataya, she works tirelessey to ensure our guests experience the best we have to offer, I will pass on your comments to her.

I am also happy to see you enjoyed our location, our breakfast ( we are always looking to improve the presentation, quality and selection) and check out was fast.

I would like to apologize for the delayed check-in and room change, we have taken your feedback comments very seriously and as such addressing this issue with the concerned department to ensure it does not reoccur. We recognize are rooms are in need of work as a result, we have planned next year a hotel refurbishment to upgrade all our rooms to a 4.5 star level.

I do thank you for your comments however and I do hope that next time we welcome you back we can push you rating to a five star.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Good:
-Great location
-Awesome pools especially for families
-Family suites excellent and wonderful beds
-Cleaning services great and grounds well maintained

Bad:
-Extremely poor and rude food service staff
-Drinks watered down
-REALLY, REALLY BAD Wi-Fi

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank CanadianFamily12345
Dear Canadianfamily1,

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience with us. Of course I am dissapointed to learn that your overall experience was anything less than perfect. Please accept our apologies for the issues you highlighted.

We at Amari Koh Samui take these issues very seriously, as such will take action and investigate these issues you highlighted. I would appreciate if you are able to reach out to me directly and elaborate further on these issues.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed our location ( we recieve many postive comments on our location), pool and cleaning services.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments and I admit that I am confident that we could definitely impress in the future should you decide to guve us the chance.

shane.langdon@amari.com
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Travelled to koh samui wid friends last year for the full moon party .. selected this hotel . I enjoyed samui very much, enjoyed the room and the staff at the hotel was also good . Good location . breakfast was also good .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear puns10,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent experience at Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our rooms, location and breakfast. I am particulary thankful for highlighting our staff .

Overall however. I am delighted to know that you left us happy and we certainly hope to welcome you back again soon...and rest assured we will be aiming for five stars next time!

Executive Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
#2 of 187 in Bophut
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,519 reviews

Been to Amari Koh Samui? Share your experiences!