“Perfect location”
Review of Amari Koh Samui

Amari Koh Samui
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is ideally situated adjacent to the beach and just a short walk to main shopping area and restaurants. The rooms are large and have a pleasant decor with very spacious and functional bathroom.
We found the level of service to be exceptional. Staff members make you feel very welcome and nothing is too much trouble creating an atmosphere of calm and happiness.
Food and beverages are reasonably priced and the two restaurants offer good range of food. The Thai beach buffet is a must!
We loved our stay and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Rooms can be a bit far away from lobby area so request closer room if mobility a problem.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Hello Anne00_12,

First of all, thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us and pleased to see you will have not hesitation in recommending the resort.

As always, I am delighted to hear when our service makes such a positive impression.

I am thrilled to read you connected with the resort, enjoying everything from our location to the rooms and onto the quality and variety of our cuisine.

I do thank you for your comments however and I do hope that next time we welcome you back we can push to exceed your expectations and rate even higher next time!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just home from a small peice of paradise, white sandy beaches and fabulous views.
we had a room on the opposite side of the road to the hotel. the room was spacious with excellent facilities, big bed which was very comfortable and sheets changed daily and excellent air conditioning.
food at the hotel was slightly more expensive than out and about but cheap compared to home. it was fair to say the food is superb, we had a thai buffet on the beach which i would definitely recommend probably the best this food we had.
a short 5 min walk into the main town, all very same same, bars some good restaurants and typical market type traders selling copied designer clothes and accessories. the only hassle was local tailors who really push to get you in the shop. if you need a new suit then probably a good deal, but not for us.
we visited with another couple who were renewing their wedding vows after 25 years of marriage.
the Amari did an amazing job of beach gazebo and fab food even laid on hairdresser and flowers. they had a very personal ceremony with just the 4 of us, a very romantic meal on the beach, can't say enough how great it was. recommend contacting the hotel to arrange and not the travel companies....
i also recommend trying the beach food sellers, very cheap and gorgeous, they cook small chicken kebabs and sweetcorn in front of you and definitely try som Tum papaya salad.
My personal gripes, pool is too warm in the afternoon well most of the time really there is no relief form the heat but we did go in height of hot season.. and the beach hotel bar charges a service charge and tax even if you go and get it yourself..
i would definitely recommend this hotel for couples and families alike, facilities are good with free WiFi available everywhere, even in most of the bars and restaurants.
staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: we had a room across the road form the hotel, quiet and well equipped. rooms the same side are quite...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Geoff C
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Geoff C,

First of all, a huge thank you for sharing such a thorough review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see you would definitely recommend the property.

I am happy to hear that you found so many positives about the resort, ranging from our spacious rooms with excellent facilities to our superb food and our Thai buffet on the beach.

I am particular thankful for highlighting the romantic beach dinner with gazebo and flowers, its an area we believe the property does excels.

Yes you are correct the hotel food and beverage outlets do charge a tax and service charge to the bill, and this is a common practice in hotels in Thailand.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and as said, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Spent a week here and have no complaints, in fact it was really good! The staff were excellent and really helpful and friendly.

Our room was on the far side of the road and was fine. The pool on that side of the road is a bit quieter and there are always security to help you cross the road.
The only negative I would have is the towels are a bit washed out. Shouldn't be hard for a hotel to keep the towels fresh and new.

The location of the hotel is great, a short walk into Chaweng but far away to be out of the real busy area. The beach is part of a lagoon so I'm guessing due to the lack of flow of water mud and sediment builds up leaving it slightly murky but I had no problem with it.

Both pools were good and clean and I commend this hotel for removing towels from unattended sunbeds. If your not using a lounger you shouldn't be allowed reserve it for hours.
Service was available at the pools.

As some people mentioned here the rooms may be getting a little tired but I'll stress that this is not to a level that would hinder your enjoyment of the hotel. Really good daily cleaning service which always seemed to be done quick and efficiently.

Breakfast gets a good write up here but to be honest quality its just a typical buffet breakfast. What I was impressed with was the selection.

For those interested the gym is small but has clean/newish equipment with cold towels! Equipment: dumbbells up to 12kg, Multi weights machine, 2 treadmills and 2 steppers.

Really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1stClassIRL

Hello 1stclassIRL,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent experience at Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui. I am delighted to see that we made such an incredible impression.

I am thrilled to read you enjoyed everything from our location ( I may be bias however I believe our location is the best in Koh Samui close enough to the restaurants/bar scene and far enough to enjoy peace and quiet), to the pool and onto our daily cleaning service.

In the regards to the issue you highlighted, in May we are introducing fresh new beach towels for our guests.

Thank you again for such a positive review and of course I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I would recommend Amari. I will be going back again next year. Breakfast was great in fact it saved me having lunch. The beach was magic and so relaxing, 3 days here felt like a week. I liked the fact that it was so close to everything.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back across the road and loved it, we looked into the front pool rooms and they wer...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mrsmackaz
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Mrs Mackaz

Thanks for sharing your brief review of your recent experience with us.

I am especially happy to read you had a great time and will be returning next year.

Thank you again for sharing your review with us and let's hope we welcome you back again in the near future.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed in Amari Palm reef in March 2013 for a trip with 10 friends for my wedding. I could not have hope for a better hotel, in the heart of Samui walking distance to everything on the beach and simply beautiful. The service was incredible, attentive but maintaining a private inoffensive attention. The food was exceptional, the rooms modern and clean. The pools were large clean and well maintained and the quiet pool across the road is under used. Lovely for a snooze in the sun! In fact when we come back we hope to try one of the rooms around the quieter pool. The gym is well equipped and air conditioned. the bar is well serviced and the cocktails lovely, the breakfast is fit for a king, everything you might want. We are hoping to come back to Samui for New Year 2014/2015 this year and hope to see the same lovely smiling staff. Simply gorgeous, thank you Amari.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Hello TinaWhove

Thank you for such an amazing review...thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

As you know, we really endeavour to connect with all our guests, it's a true reward when we manage to forge such relationships and our guests connect to the resort like you have.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed everything from the food to the rooms and onto the swimming pools. I am particularly thankful for highlighting our teams incredible and attentive service, I will pass on your feedback to the team.

I sincerely thank you for all your comments and do hope we have the chance to welcome you back for New year 2014/15.. Rest assured we are here, ready and waiting!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Enjoyed seven wonderfull nights at Amari,close proximity to main shopping made it easy to get around particularly during the Thai new year. The staff in all areas were absolutely fantastic,always smiling & ever so willing to help,by the time we departed they were almost like family to us. The buffet breakfast was as good as you could get anywhere,lots of choices & very fresh. The room service was great & everything was kept spotless including a flower on the bed every day. Management often raised the question if we were satisfied with everything. Great location,would recommend the resort to anybody.

Room Tip: Pick a room with beach front to save a walk,others were very nice with separate pool but you have to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lindsay N Carol F
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hello Lindsay N Carol F,

First of all, thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us and thrilled to hear you will " recommend the resort to anyone"

As always, I am delighted to hear when our service makes such a positive impression, I am particular thankful for highlighting our breakfast buffet, its a renewed focus to ensure we are offering a quality product with a vast variety of choice for our customers.

Until then, warm wishes
Executive Assistant Manager.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed at the Amari recently. From check in to check out it was wonderful. Greeted with a cool towel, traditional drink & wonderful staff. Facilities great. Pool & pool service were excellent, staff couldn't be more helpful. Food was excellent & catered for all tastes. Location right on the beach which was superb & close enough to town to walk into but far enough away from the noise. Room was great & made up beautifully every day with a fresh flower daily. Would thoroughly recommend the Amari & will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hello Fiona D,

Thank you for your stunning review of your recent experience at Amari Palm Reef, Koh Samui.

I am delighted to hear that we made such a wonderful impression that you enjoyed many aspects of the resort and will recommend the property.

I am most thrilled to read when our team makes a connection with our guests and delivers a memorable experience, as I truly believe that is the secret to a great hotel or resort.

Thank you for highlighting the quality of the food in the resort, as this is a renewed focus toof ours ensuring we continue to improve.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and , we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the very best