“Absolutely fantastic!”
Review of Amari Koh Samui

Amari Koh Samui
Ranked #9 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Amari Palm Reef, Koh Samui on our first trip to Thailand and I have to say that it was everything we imagined and more! The hotel facilities were spot on and the cleanliness was impeccable, a special mention needs to go to all of the staff for making it a truly wonderful holiday for us - the service was excellent and everyone we had the pleasure of meeting were very friendly.
The hotel is split over two sides - the beach side and the garden side across the road. Our room was on the garden side but I must say that I would have been equally as happy wherever we were as both sides were great, plus there are hotel staff that assist you across the road at all times so it's easy to go from one to another anyway.
We went at the beginning of May and for a childless couple wanting to relax, it was the perfect time to go as it was nice and quiet - that's not to say that there wasn't a great atmosphere though!
Would definitely recommend a stay at the Amari Palm Reef to anyone!

1  Thank Becky L
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Hello Becky L,

Thank you for such an " absolutely fantastic" review...thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I am also so delighted to know when we manage to create such an incredible impression. As you will know from my previous replies, no hotel is ever perfect. However I can honestly say we have a team which endeavours to connect on a personal level with so many of our guests and to create an unforgettable experience.

I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back and thank you again for sharing your experience with everyone here.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,576)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just arrived back from the Amari Palm reef Koh Samui.We stayed for 5 days and it was really good. We loved staying here all the staff managers waiting staff cleaners where fab
We where very lucky to be invited to the managers cocktail party but could not stay long :)
A big thank you to all the staff. My daughter enjoyed too, with their small but nice collection of DVD's. Only request, please try to add more Vegan/vegetarian food for breakfast and in the restaurants. My wife and daughter are vegetarians and a little difficult in Thailand :)
However Slam Dreams the restaurant next door is really good. Good activities, some can be made free :)

From The Padaki''s (room 3202)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello APadaki,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am so happy to know you had a wonderful stay overall with us and delighted to read our staff were able to provide you and your family a positive experience.

I certainly note your comments about adding additional vegetarian dishes to our breakfast and restaurant menus, we are happy to accommodate dining requests from our guests that are not on the menu.

Regards to our DVD selection. I hadn't received this comment previously, so we will completed an audit and I am sure that we will have a larger selection next time you return to the Retreat.

Of course we would be thrilled to welcome you back in the future and of course we will do our best to raise our standards even higher for you next time. We will consider it our very own challenge to earn and receive a five star rating next time for sure!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is my second stay at the Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui and once again it did not disappoint. Everything was just as I remembered from my last stay the rooms were lovely (we were upgraded) the pools fantastic although it would have been nice if they stayed open a bit later than 7 pm. The meals are wonderful especially the breakfasts where you could have almost anything you wished for. As return visitors we were invited to the managers cocktail party which was very nice, all the staff are very friendly and nothing is to much trouble for them. Even when I kept having trouble with my card for the door they gave me 2 as replacement in case one didn't work. The one thing I was most looking forward to was visiting the spa again and it lived up to all my memories from previous visits. They are simply wonderful. The Amari is just a very short walk from the main shopping area in Chaweng which was ideal as it was a lot muggier this time. I thoroughly recommend the Amari Palm Reef in Koh Samui and hopefull will visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Paula C
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello Paula C,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui following your experiences with us.

Its always a pleasure to welcome returning guests back to the property and I am thrilled to see you enjoyed our weekly managers cocktails party. am delighted to hear that the team managed to connect with you and make your stay that something special.

I do note your comments in regards to the hours of the swimming pool, as such will look into this and see what we can do.

I certainly hope this wont be the last time we welcome you back and hope to hear from you in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at this fantastic hotel from 7/5/14 - 18/5/14, both of us cannot speak highly enough of this hotel - quite simply put it is amazing.
From the moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly, welcoming staff who provided us with refreshments and a cold towel to help you cool off, whilst they took care of the booking in process for us- this set the tone for the rest of our stay, as all .of the hotels staff were always polite, friendly, smiling and willing to provide help and assistance in any way possible.
The room we had was immaculate, set on the garden side overlooking a beautiful pool, and was maintained to that standard on a daily basis.
The bar on the beach side is well stocked, with twice daily happy hours where the friendly bar staff will provide you with complimentary nuts & cold chips (crisps for the English reader) whilst making the drinks to your taste - the cocktails are amazing !!
The hotel is divided by the main road - which is always manned by security/crossing guards to help you cross safely and with a smile- plus at night time, they happily light the way to your room to ensure your safety- an excellent touch which exemplifies the service provided.
Breakfasts- well what can I say-, there is an amazing array of choice to suit every palate and whimsical fancy - sushi, curries, continental pastries, good ol English style, cereal, fresh juices, smoothies, eggs to your taste and style- what more can I say
A trip booking service is also available at the hotel and yet again we cannot find fault with them. On previous holidays to other destinations I have found trips from the hotel to be overpriced however al trips here matched elsewhere on the strip and afforded you the convenience of having it on your doorstep - would really recommended the 1 hrs elephant trekking for everyone, best 1000TBHT I spent !!
The location of the hotel itself was perfect - located on the edge of the main trip, you can relax away from the hustle and bustle yet not feel cut off, as you are only a few short minutes walk away from the shops.
Plus they also have a fantastic dive centre attached - Discovery Scuba Divers - who will help you whether your a first time diver looking for that underwater experience, or an experienced, seasoned diver looking to get into the water again.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it is, as I said, perfect and helped to make our Honeymoon that extra bit special. BOOK IT NOW lol

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden side Villa - as I said in my review, faultless
1  Thank GazBrown11

Hello GazBrown11

Thank you for your "heaven"ly review of your recent stay with us!...thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am thrilled to read how much you loved the resort and your overall experience.

As you know, we really endeavour to connect with all our guests and it's a true reward when we manage to forge such relationships.

I am honestly so thrilled to see that you enjoyed everything from the initial warm greeting to the rooms , from the cocktails to the amazing breakfast display.

Thank you again for such a positive review and of course I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Until then, we wish you many years of happiness together!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Apologies for the lateness this review, where does the time go?
We stayed here in November last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, this is the third Amari we have stayed in in Thailand and it did not disappoint.
There are three separate areas to this hotel, you can stay close to the beach, in the Thai village or in the Garden Wing which is where we stayed.The room was excellent, big and comfortable with a large bathroom that had one of the most powerful showers I have ever had, there was also a balcony that looked out over the garden where you could go and sit and just relax.Everything was clean and tidy throughout.
The hotel is split by Chaweng Beach Road but this is not a problem because they have people who will stop the traffic for you to let you cross (a bit like lollipop lady's in the UK).
There is a large buffet breakfast available in the morning which was really good and the staff as we have always found in Thailand were courteous, polite and helpful.
We sometimes ate in the hotel at night which again was very good or you could take a walk up the beach and have a drink and a meal in the restaurant bars that a located there.
There is a lovely spa in the hotel which we went to several times or you can get a massage on the beach if you wish.
We spent quite a bit of time on the beach, which is not like me at all, you can take a swim in the sea which is quite warm, take a walk or just relax on the loungers which we found were always available (maybe we were just lucky). You do get hawkers on the beach but if you were polite with them they weren't a nuisance.
If the beach is not your thing then you can relax by and take a swim in one of the hotel pools which again, were always clean and well maintained.
If you want the bright lights they are not to far away but the hotel is all about relaxation, in my mind anyway.
Loved this hotel and if we ever returned to Koh Samui we would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Donald R

Hello Donald R,

Thank you for your comments regarding you recent experience at Amari Palm Reef, Koh Samui.

It really seems as though you found so many areas of the Resort to enjoy...from the spacious rooms to the spa, to the cuisine to the team of wonderful staff. It's always great to know when we make such an impression on our guests

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We spent ten days at Amari and utterly loved the place. It's a great mix of modern and traditional thai. The resort is in a wonderful location - close to town but far enough away to be quiet and on a beautiful piece of the beach. We upgraded our room upon arrival which was so good - a view overlooking the beach and pool - perfect! Breakfasts were yummy, cocktails great! We used the gym every day too which was great. The resort has two areas split by the main road with two pools. Would thoroughly recommend this place to anyone wanting some r&r.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Jess B
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just arrived back from the amari palm reef koh samui
We stayed 2 weeks it's our 2 stay at this hotel and 5 th in Thailand
We love staying here all the staff managers waiting staff cleaners where fab
We where very lucky to be invited to the managers cocktail party we had a fab time
We spoke with Shane one of the managers he's a very nice man he made us feel very welcome and for that I send a big thank you to him
all the staff are always happy to talk and share a story with any one
the food and drinks where very tasty
We hope to return very soon Maybe not next year as we here the hotel may be closed for refurb
But we will be returning again
Sent from
From mr and mrs taylor room 2207

2  Thank lovemetender08
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello Lovemetender08,

Thank you for taking the time to share your "fantastic" review of your recent experience with us. I am delighted to see that we made such an incredible impression.

Thank you! It was honestly a huge pleasure to meet you and I am delighted that you managed to connect with so many members of our team. It makes such a difference when we manage to do this as I am a big believer that the best experiences come from the people, despite how magnificent a building or resort may be. So I am so happy to hear that you left with such great feelings about your experience with us.

Thanks for sharing such positive comments for everyone to read and we also look forward to welcoming you back again soon.