We spent just over a week at the Amari and we just had a fantastic experience from the moment we arrived all the way to our last moments in Koh Samui. When we arrived at the airport, we could not find our airport transfer reps, and managed to get a ride in the Amari vehicle. At the hotel, we got a free wi fi code even before check in - which was really smooth. The hotel is located on both sides of the main road - the beach side has the hotel reception and one restaurant, whilst the opposite side has another pool and the Prego restaurant.
I had read a lot of reviews about which side was better, but in my opinion, both were great - for me the beach side was better for families - we stayed on the opposite side which was tranquil overlooking lovely gardens or the pool.
The hotel had some daily specials and we took advantage of the cooking and thai massage courses - both very impressive and catered for us individually. After the cooking class, the staff even made my wife a cake for her birthday - complete with candles and song:)
There are many lounging areas in the hotel - some giant beds with fans where you can just chill out, sofas, a guest PC and lots of loungers and parasols. There was some live entertainment if you didn't fancy going out; however the main walking street is so near and has a great variety of food, shopping and entertainment.
The Hotel is just a few hundred yards from the hustle and bustle of Chaweng Beach, and you can easily walk along the beach or the main road. There are two friendly guards that will always assist you in crossing the road - and in my case even helping me with my hired car and motorbike.
They seemed to have put in a lot of care and thought with little extras in the rooms such as umbrellas, safe, torch, gowns, beach towels - our "Superior room"had a/c, a private balcony, chaise, complementary bottled water, tea and coffee, a fridge and TV. Both of us had birthdays during our stay - and we had fresh fruit, cake and flowers.
I would easily stay here again - its a great location and the service was exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cushioned by soft white sands and sparkling waters, Amari welcomes you to one of the most idyllic islands in the Gulf of Thailand. A gem set apart from the rest of the world, Amari on Koh Samui invites you to live out your days on island time, where there is always time for another dip in the pool or another walk on the beach. Turn off your clock, enter our time zone, and let Amari take care of the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Amari Hotels, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amari Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Amari Palm Reef Hotel
- Amari Palm Reef Resort
- Amari Koh Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng