“Relax time”

Amari Koh Samui
Ranked #9 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
“Relax time”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I came there alone last month Hotel staff help me for everything that I want and help me for suggest about tour&travel in this trip too love them all.In the room have a good bed but look old design.Air conditioner in my room is not cool in the afternoon that make me like go to swim at pool more stay in room.I feel enjoy&relax all trip at here.

• Stayed May 2014
Hello Tapoon N,

Thank you for taking time to highlight your experience with us recently

And as always, thank you for your compliments regarding our staff at the Resort. We are blessed with a wonderful team who do their best to impress whenever possible..

I am delighted to hear had an enjoyable and relaxing stay at Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Our stay at the hotel was amazing from start to finish. We received a wonderful welcome when we arrived and the staff were helpful throughout. We booked a superior room, and om arrival were upgraded to the garden area on the opppsite side of the road. we decided that we wanted to be closer to the beach and the other pool and the staff were really accomodating to put us back by the beach!The food is just incredible! Breakfast is amazing with huge choice! And the authentic Thai food and daily special deals are great for variety. Having preggo (the italian restaurant) there was great as well! We would encourage people to explore in the evenings. there are some fantastic little places to eat down the beach, whichever way you turn, and are often slightly cheaper than the hotel. Service can be a tad slow at times but nothing totally unacceptable. We did some great excursions too, especially one with the waterfalls and you can arrange loads through the hotel. Overall just an absolutely fantastic holiday for two weeks and would happily go back again! Would recommend to anyone!!

1 Thank AJB3010
Hello AJB3010,

Many thanks for sharing your feedback with everyone here. I am thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic holiday, will happily come back and recommend the property.

I always say the first impression is the most important for the guest, and I am delighted to see you received a wonderful welcome on arrival and the team were very helpful.

So happy to hear you enjoyed our dining options. Our specialty restaurant, Prego is proving to be a hit amongst our guests and outside guests also. Our daily breakfast buffet continues to impress and I am pleased you enjoyed our daily lunch specials.

Thanks again for your kind comments and I certainly do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I think the best thing about this hotel was the location as it is close enough to walk into Chaweng. It is nice to be able to walk into town and to bars like Ark Bar along the beach. I did like the hotel but if you are after luxury there are nicer places. We stayed in a family room and I found it to be a bit dated (on the inside and out-with some rooms having quite high, rickety stairs) with a very small bathroom. I know there are many people who aren't too phased about the room as they don't spend much time in it and will be content with having a chair by the pool/beach. If that is what you are after then you will probably like this hotel! The gardens were nicely maintained, the staff were nice enough (although there could be a slight language barrier at times), there was a good variety at breakfast (I would recommend the iced chocolates) and I quite liked the bar, especially at happy hour. I thought the beach wasn't overly nice as the water was a bit mirky and the sand was a bit coarse. The pool water was slightly a bit too warm for my liking. I really liked the wedges and milkshakes from the pool menu. I would have given the hotel 3.5 stars if I could as I just found it lacked the wow factor. But I could not justify giving it 3 as it certainly was not average so I gave it 4 as it was nice enough but I think i prefer a hotel with a slightly more modern/luxury feel to it.

Room Tip: maybe request one of the more modern/newer rooms. we got a room across the road (not the beach side...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anita_G1989
Hello Anita_G1989,

Many thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent experiences at Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui.

I am delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your stay. I would agree that some of the rooms are slightly dated, and as such we are looking to renovate some of those rooms.

I thrilled to read you liked everything from the location to the grounds and onto our breakfast display. We are currently arranging English language classes for the staff to improve their English, as we have identified this is an area which can be improved.

I sincerely welcome your feedback and as I often say, it is only with such feedback that we can truly improve for the future. I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in june 2014. This was my second stay at this hotel. On both ocasions I have been very pleased with this hotel.The staff are excellent - very helpful and friendly.The location is perfect, within easy walking distance of Chewang town, but far enough away from the noise at night.Dining area has great views of the resort-excelent breakfast buffet. My room although a little small was very clean, comfortable (the bed too) with everything in good working order. The pool area in really nice, with good access to a lovely beach.The price on the bill was reasonable.
Would I recomend this Hotel??? Well as I said at the begining of this review this was my second stay at this hotel, at the end of my stay I'm happy to say I'll be back

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Davihogan,

Thanks for your recent review of your experience with us, Its always a pleasure to welcome back returning guests.

I am delighted you had an excellent experience, especially enjoying our location and breakfast buffet.

However I am most excited to read that our team were excellent and managed to provide helpful and friendly service.

I certainly hope it wont be the last time we welcome you back in the future and thank you again for your comments.

Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

From the greeting when we arrived to the time we settled the bill we had a smile on our face. We had a room on the other side of the road ( not a problem although it does sound weird), 2 min. from a pool with the temperature of bath water. The room was comfortable with a good bed and fairly quiet air conditioning. Wifi is free throughout the hotel and simple to access.

The breakfast buffet has to be seen to be believed, we were there for 13 nights and we could have had a different breakfast each day, superb.
Our plan was to eat out each night in the town which is a short walk or a taxi ride away. In reality we found the service and quality of the food on offer either in the main hotel or Prego that we ate there for over half the holiday. If you eat nothing else you must try the seafood feast, fantastic.

We have been going to the Maldives for the last 20 years but as the prices have gone up there (mainly due to government taxation) the service levels have fallen unless you are staying in the most expensive resorts. The Amari Reef levels of service are very reminiscent of days gone by. Simply the staff are friendly, efficient, motivated and a joy to spend time with.
Finally in the evening there is live music, easy listening and very talented.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Graeme E
Hello Graeme E,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Amari Palm Reef, Koh Smaui following your experiences with us.

I am happy to hear that you found so many positives about the resort, ranging from the room to the quality of our cuisine to our great breakfast display.

We really do value our approach to service and our efforts to connect with guests on a level unlike other resorts. I am always delighted to hear when we are so successful on a level such as you suggest.

So thank you again for all your feedback. I sincerely hope we have the chance to welcome you back soon and rest assured we will do our best to impress once again.

Magor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We are staying at this resort at the moment and can only describe it as a beautiful hotel. We are staying on the pool side and it is very quiet and the gardens are very well kept, we have only used this pool once mainly because we have met so many lovely people on the beach side. Our room is the superior one and is huge...yes the bathrooms are small and probably could do with an update but who stays in their room!! The air conditioning is excellent especially as it's in the mid 30's so very welcoming. The hotel is in an excellent position close enough to the busy part (about 10-15 mins walk) but away from all the noise although Koh Samui is quiet at the moment due to the curfew don't know why because everything is as normal. The beach is ok but because of being in a Lagoon isn't really very good for swimming it is better at the South of the island so we have spent most of our stay around the pool or going off on on trips. We have walked the length of Chaweng Beach and can honestly say this is an excellent hotel and have been happy with the choice we made, especially to the staff that are making our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank jbarnston
Hello jbarnston,

First of all, thank you for submitting your " excellent" review of your recent experience with us. I am excited to see that we made such an incredible impression.

I am honestly thrilled to read you enjoyed everything from our location, to our gardens and onto the excellent air conditioner in the room.

I am particular thankful for recognizing the staff, I am delighted to hear that many of the team made such an impression.

Thanks for sharing such positive comments for everyone to read and we also look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel could have been 5 star, but it's not. It's conveniently located on the north end of Chaweng, about 10-15 minute walk from the center of Chaweng, which puts you close enough to most of Chaweng activity, yet still a reasonable distance to allow you to rest and avoid the morning buzzes of jet skis and motor boats and the partying that goes on in the center of Chaweng during night time. The public areas of the hotel are very well maintained and the staff works constantly to keep it clean. so far the good news.
Now the bad - I pre-booked hotel pickup from the airport. sadly, arriving after 10PM I had to wait for 20 minutes until I realized he is not going to show up so I took a taxi to the hote. the hotel apologized and did offer a credit (no refund) for use in hotel restaurants. in addition they offered a ride back to the airport complementary. the hotel sits on the part of the beach where there's a reef that prevents from being able to swim in the ocean. none of the water sports activity (other than kayaking) are available. in fact, you'll have to walk about 20 minutes to get to a reasonable beach where you can swim. no mentioning of that on their website.
the rooms' decor is somewhat dated and they could use a face lift as some parts of the room floor are worn out. I stayed at one of the 2nd floor ocean wing sea view rooms, which is one of the more expensive rooms, yet it definately needs a touch up. water pressure in that room was terrible, and I could not get a decent shower for the entire 5 days I was there. The room had a connecting door to another room, which made it impossible ! it was as if you were with other people in your room as you could hear anything that goes on next door including the screaming kids and the fighting couples.
The worst of all was what seemed to be some company retreat that took place while I was there with very loud acvities that the hotel actually organized ! these were very very loud activities which took place right under my room window. definately not something you would expect when you come to relax.
bottom line - I would not stay there again. externally the hotel looks like 5 star, but it's those little things that can make or break a vacation, and mine was definately not something to write home about.

Room Tip: avoid room with connecting doors sea view rooms may suprise you with pool / beach activities which...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Almeida_k2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
#2 of 187 in Bophut
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,536 reviews

Been to Amari Koh Samui? Share your experiences!