“P&L Latter Melbourne Aust”
Review of Amari Koh Samui

Amari Koh Samui
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed for 8 days in June 2014. Room was ready on arrival and were nice and clean. Rooms were fantastic overlooking beach & pool. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Would stay there again as the location was very handy. We were in walking distance to the shops and restaurants. Looking forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking beach have a great view.
4  Thank Paul L
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Hello Paul L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings about Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui.

I am delighted to hear that we made such a wonderful impression, and thrilled to see you had a great time at the resort.

thank you again for sharing such wonderful comments about the team here. It is honestly the highest compliment you can pay us and you know that we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon...VERY soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We spent almost 2 weeks in the hotel in April 2014 with our kids age 2 and 4. The location is great, we had the room over the road in the garden side. After a few days we had some problem with ants in the room (snacks and baby food), and got upgraded to the junior suit (!!!!) with sea view in the main building. We could not get better present! We spent wonderful days and evenings at the hotel.
After 8 nights left from Amar took a ferry to Koh Phangan and had a hotel booked there, which was not suitable for kids, so we decided to return to Amari immediately. Through our travel agent we could not book a room but directly after I called the reservation they had rooms, so we came back. They saved us really, and had a great room again, everybody was helpful, around us all the time. Thanks a lot for Nina at the reception, Wanilika from the reservation, Nion from the housekeeping, and Phuwadol-who even had a few minutes to play with the kids in the pool between serving cocktails to the guests-, and to all the rest of the stuff. (hope spelled the names good)
Nice beach with shadow, excellent choice with small kids also.
The breakfast is amazing, all what you can ask for, including kids' corner.
Don’t miss the Prego next to the hotel, fresh and different taste.
Big and clean rooms.
Beautiful hotel, great and helpful service, we did not want to leave, and already dreaming to return.

Room Tip: Junior suit is just amazing!Great choise, go for it!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela D

Hello Angela D,

Thank you for the detailed review and sharing your experience with other travelers in regards to your recent stay with us.

It always wonderful to welcome guests such as yourselves who really connect with the Resort and enjoy everything including the rooms to the breakfast to Prego and all-round atmosphere.

We do always aim to impress and of course it's always wonderful to receive positive feedback,thanks for recognizing Wanlika, Nina, Nion and Phuwodel. who do their best to impress in their roles and I will pass on your comments.

I do hope this wont be the last time we welcome you to our Resort. Rest assured we will continue to aim higher and higher.

Until then, thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We have just returned from yet another GREAT holiday at Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui.
We have had several consecutive years staying here. Once again we wonder how we could possibly go elsewhere. As I have mentioned before rooms are a little tired but everything else overcomes this slight derogative. ( renovation plans in place ).
Number one reason for us returning is the STAFF. They are superlative in every area. Reception, food and beverage, Bar @C ,housekeeping, pools, spa, security/road crossing and of course the garden staff. I won't name individuals in any particular area, there are to many to praise. I'm sure those in question know how we feel about them. You also have to give accolades to management. A great team throughout. Meranti and Prego restaurants are still great. Slightly more expensive than outside resort,but well worth it. Awaiting news of renovations, so we can book again.

Room Tip: Personal preference is Thai Village. Hope this is retained in renovations.
2  Thank Funky12
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Hello Funky12,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay here at Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui, Its always a pleasure to welcome back returning guests.

I often say that it is easy to build a beautiful property. However it is the team inside that truly marks a good resort from a great one. So I am thrilled to read such positive comments about our team and how they managed to truly make such a difference to your experience here.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed Prego our specialty Italian inspired restaurant, as well as Merante our all day dining outlet.

Of course we would be thrilled to welcome you back in the future and of course we will do our best to raise our standards even higher for you next time. We will consider it our very own challenge to earn and receive a five star rating next time for sure!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for 9 nights at the beginning of June and absolutely loved it! We arrived early in the morning and the staff were great in letting us check in straight away and get access to our room. The room itself was in the thai village and had plenty of space along with a nice high ceiling and lovely balcony overlooking the pool. The breakfast included is absolutely amazing, by far the best I have had at any hotel and the cocktails are also lovely and good value during happy hour! The location of the hotel was ideal for us as its at the quieter end of the beach but only a short 5-10 minute easy walk to the centre of the strip. Regarding the hotel being split across the road we had no issue with this at all as there was always staff to help you cross and rarely was the road overly busy. It was also nice that the hotel provides a service to book day trips, you can rent movies and they were also very helpful when we needed to print and scan some documents. Overall we were very happy with our choice of hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to go to Koh Samui!

1  Thank x-Megan-91-x

Hello x- Megan-91-x,

A huge thank you for taking the time to share you comments here. It's always wonderful to hear when we manage to provide a positive experience to our guests. Or even better when our guests will recommend the property to anyone looking to come to Koh Samui.

It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us. And I am delighted that you found so many experiences here to your liking, from the room to the breakfast onto our daily happy hours and our service desk.

So thank you again for your kind comments and you know I mean it when I say that we hope to see you back with us again soon...very soon!

Warmest wishes

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at this resort in June '13.
We had chosen it's basic room (don't remember the category) but it was nice and clean... the layout of the resort is such that most of the rooms face a pool.... they have 2 pools... one in each section (on either side of the main road)....
The location is simply superb.... all the main activities start from this resort onwards so practically you just have to walk in one direction and you will find everything in walkable distance.... we never took any taxi/tuk tuk as it was never required....
Resort has one side touching the beach so you can access beach anytime.... for crossing the roads... there are guards available who stop the traffic for you to cross.... you feel nice n safe..... :)
breakfast was good.... but since we are vegetarians... we couldn't find enough options for ourselves....perhaps they can pay attention to this point specially for Indian guests...
one day a lizard entered into our room and sat on the table.... we were scared to see such a dirty creature.... but thanks to the prompt hotel staff who sent a guy who picked it up with his own hands and broom stick and threw it outside..... we were so relieved.... gave him 200 bahts for his deed.... :)
it is so close to the airport that it took us less than 15 minutes to reach the resort..... so you can check our really easy to catch the flights.... the samui airport is just amazing..... doesn't feel like an airport at all.... it's more like a resort..... and the transit buses are really cool and funky......
we had a great stay and recommend this resort to all..... :)

Room Tip: Room facing the beach/pool are ideal.....
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Prakhar J,

Thank you for your glowing review of your recent stay with us and thrilled to hear and you will recommend the resort to all.

I am delighted to read you found our location simply superb, as I have mentioned numerous times I believe our location is really the best of both worlds...private enough for those wishing an escape or a short walk to the action of Chaweng.

I do note your comments about our breakfast. I have to admit that it's sometimes hard to narrow down exactly what we are missing when we have so much on display and we also offer to prepare anything else that a guest may require...our true approach to .

I am happy to see our team were able to assist you with the lizard issue.

Of course, we will hope to welcome you back too someday soon.

Until then, thank you!
Warm wishes

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights in feb 2014, the hotel is close too the airport, you will need to get a taxi which will cost 400 bhat, checking was made easy with English speaking staff, they managed to check us in early which was brilliant, the hotel is broken into two sections, one part beech side other across the road which is where the my room was, they have security staff ensuring u get across the road safely, it is a secure area and there are security staff to ensure this. The room was very spacious and clean, it contained all the essentials, bathroom had both shower and bath, shower can at times seep through the shower door but no really issues, wifi connection was good in most of the room, breakfast was excellent, great range one offer, the pool area was great that leads on the beech, the beech was not the nicest part but further down from hotel it's gets nicer.

My only complaint was whilst getting breakfast one morning I got an electric shock from holding on the hot pans that keep the food warm, now I know what I felt and it shock me quite badly, staff did come running over as I screamed during the shock, now they had thought its because it was two hot but I told staff that it was an electric shock, they brought engineers out to check appliances but not once was I offered any medical assistance, this really annoyed me as you would think a paying customer at hotel would be looked after an incident of this sort or is this just Thailand standards, if not for this incident I would rebook this hotel on my return but just the last part left a bad taste so likely book else where if I was to return. Still highly rate hotel though.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charlie_r251

Dear Charlie-r251,

First of all, thank you for writing such a nice review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed everything from the spacious room to the excellent breakfast and onto the pool.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the electric shock incident that you experienced during breakfast. We at Amari take this feedback very seriously as a result I have spoken to the team the importance offering our guests medical assistance if when and where required. I appreciate you feedback as its only with this feedback we can truly improve our service quality.

I certainly hope you give us another chance to we welcome you toAmari Palm Reef Koh Samui. Needless to say, I hope you will contact me directly in the future so I can assist to make arrangements.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at the Amari in September,what an amazing location, and such friendly staff.Breakfast was amazing, with so much to choose from.
We hired a jeep to explore the island, and found many paradise beaches with no one around,it was like being on your own desert island.
We are looking forward to our next trip to Koh Samui.
One of the best hotels that we have stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank STEPHEN34
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello Stephen34

Thank you for your brief review..

I am honestly so thrilled to see that you enjoyed everything from the location to the friendly staff and onto the amazing breakfast display.

It also sounds like you had a great time exploring the island in between soaking in the pool.

Thanks again for your five star vote of confidence and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Warmest Wishes