“This is the place to stay in Koh Samui.”
Review of Amari Koh Samui

Amari Koh Samui
Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My girlfriend & I were meant to stay at the Charweng Regent, however at check in we were transferred to the Amari just for the 1st night because the Charweng was fully booked.

And it turned out to be the best thing that happened because the Amari is fantastic!!!
Out of the 3 hotels we stayed at in Thailand Amari had the nicest bed.
The breakfast was outstanding... definitely at another level compared to most hotels.
Hotel grounds & pools are pristine.

After only being able to stay 1 night, we wanted to leave the Charweng and go back.
Next time were in Koh Samui we'll definitely be staying at the Amari.

Room Tip: The Amari is a large hotel and spans across the other side of the road. Try to get a room on the b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Hello Dan D,

Thanks for sharing your brief review of your recent experience with us.

I am delighted to hear that despite booking at Chaweng Regent you were able to experience one night at Amari Plam Reef. I am also thrilled to see you enjoyed everything from the bed, to the hotel grounds and pool onto our amazing breakfast display.

Thank you again for sharing your review with us and let's hope we welcome you back again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Amari Koh Samui

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had our second stay at Amari this July and I still love this place. The staff are so friendly and accommodating. We had an issue on arrival regarding our room which was rectified immediately. The restaurant food is always nice, and the food and drink service to the pools was always great. We had also stayed elsewhere on this visit before coming back here and whilst we felt that both resorts have things to offer, I still enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere here. We had a deluxe room again which are nicely decorated and always clean with great garden views. The resort is walking distance to the main shopping area. We will be back again. Just love Koh Samui!

Hi Vikad,

Thank you so much for sharing such thorough thoughts about your recent experience with us. Its always a pleasure to welcome back returning guests.

I am honestly so thrilled to see that you enjoyed everything from the restaurant food to the food and drink service at the pools, from our great location to the amazing staff.

I am delighted to see you loved the deluxe garden view rooms, as I am have mentioned previously we are the only resort that offers beachside rooms and Thai village style rooms.

I really do thank you for your glowing recommendations and I certainly hope that we will welcome you back again so we can prove that such incredible experiences can indeed happen again and again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The rooms are not near the beach and a little smal for that price. They are about 200 meters away on the other side of the street. The swimming pool is only 1.2 - 1, 3 meter deep. For proper swimming not deep enough.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Hello Joseph O,

First of all, thanks for sharing your thoughts about your recent experience with us.

In regards to the layout of the overall Resort, I would agree that we are one of the only resorts on the island featuring both beachside rooms as well as Thai village rooms, and it is a very personal decision which room is best for each guest.However if this was a concern, then I am surprised you didn't contact management to request a room move.

yes you are correct the beachside swimming pool depth is between 1.20-1.30, however the swimming pool in the Thai village is deeper at 1.53m, so I am sorry that this didn't exceed your expectations.

So while I know we didn't manage to impress on this occasion, I certainly thank you for your feedback and I wish you more comfortable and impressive escapes in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for 10 nights in July, lovely hotel and nice and close to the main strip of restaurants and shops. Rooms were smart and easy access. Food was nice and not too expensive, staff were friendly and tried to help on very way possible. With it been our honeymoon the surprise of wine, fruit and cake awaiting we would go back again.

Stayed: July 2014

Hello Mick74656

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us during your Thailand honeymoon, and I am pleased to hear that overall you had wonderful memories of your experience.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed everything from the rooms to our location and from our cuisine to the staff.

Thanks again for sharing such lovely feedback and rest assured that it would be our pleasure to welcome you back and show a perfect experience next time...maybe allow us to impress for your first anniversary?! I hope to hear from you.

Until then, warm wishes

Reviewed 4 August 2014

日本語は下にあります。Japanese follows.

We stayed in Amari for 5 nights in July 2014.
- We arrived around 10:00am. Unfortunately we had to wait until 2:00pm to use our room, but the reception staff gave us coupons for free drink at the beach bar, so we happily waited for our room ready.
- We stayed in deluxe pool view. Our room was clean, bed was big, had great view from the room. The room was keeping clean every day.
- Amari had two pools. Both were always clean, I especially loved red beach parasols which was so exotic! There were always helpful and friendly staff at poolside, so we could relax enough.
- The road patrol men were always helpful and smiling, we could always cross the road safely.
- We enjoyed various and delicious buffet breakfasts. I especially loved daily special fruit smoothies. Please try!
- There were a lot of restaurants and convenience stores near the hotel, which was useful.
- We had to leave very early morning due to our flight schedule, but we could smoothly check out by helpful reception staff. They also arranged transportation (@400THB) to the airport even though it was very early morning.
- Only one thing we wanted to complain, we were assigned the room at low floor even though we booked as high floor.
However, overall we felt comfortable about the stay. We would like to thank all the staff at Amari for supporting us with smiling. We will be back!

7月に5泊しました。
- 朝のフライトで10時に到着したのですが、お部屋は2時まで使えませんでした。が、バーで一杯無料のクーポン券をもらいました。荷物も預かってもらえます。
- デラックスプールビューに泊まりました。お部屋は奇麗に掃除されており、ベッドも大きくて快適、部屋からの眺めもよかったです。お掃除も毎日きちんとされていました。
- ホテルには2つのプールがあり、どちらも清潔です。赤いパラソルが素敵です。プールサイドにいるスタッフの方も親切で、心からリラックスできました。
- 私たちの部屋からビーチ側へ行くためには、交通量の多い道を通らなければいけなかったのですが、ガードマンの方がしっかり交通整理をしてくれているので安全です。
- 朝食もオーソドックスでしたが種類は多く、特に日替わりのスムージーが美味しくて毎日飲んでいました。
- 周りには少し歩けば沢山レストランやコンビニがあり便利です。
- 私たちはフライト時間の関係で7時にチェックアウトしなければならなかったのですが、スムーズにチェックアウト出来ました。空港までのハイヤーもすぐ手配してくれました。(400バーツ)
- 一つだけ不満だったのが、2階の部屋を予約していたのに、2階が満室だったことです。予約していたはずなのになんで?って少し抗議しましたが、翌日からだったら空くと言われ、移動するのも面倒なので、1階であきらめました。が、1階からだと直接プールに出入り出来たり、色々便利でしたので、これはこれでありでした。
私たちの滞在中、日本人は2組くらいしかみかけませんでした。ほとんどが欧米人、たまにアジア人、中国人という感じです。全体的にピースプルな雰囲気がただよい、のんびり何もしない派の人にはお勧めです。

2  Thank AK4951
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hello AK4951,

Thank you for taking the time to write your impressions of your stay with us recently.

It was a pleasure to have you both stay with us and I am delighted that you found so many areas of the Resort at WOW level.

It is always wonderful to read about praise for our wonderful team of talent. They endeavor to provide extraordinary experiences every day and I have nothing but admiration for the effort they put in every day. Thank you for taking time to recognize our road patrol men.

We will continue to focus on getting the basics right. It is that attention to detail that is so important and am delighted to know we made such a positive impression during your stay.

Executive Assistant Manager.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I would say it could be better but not that bad.
During our stay, electricity system run down twice and we had no air conditioning during the time, Also the toilet has broken down three times and I noticed that to the reception but no one came so I had to fix it by myaself. But the location and the buildings are wonderful. This hotel is located in the center of Chawen Beach and you can go to a Seven Eleven by 5 minites walks and 10 minetes walk to Chewen town. If you thought about the price, I would say this hotel is not perfect but not bad at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello Lynnie07,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us.

I am of course very happy to hear that you loved the location of the property and our buildings.

Of course, we also recognize how important it is to deliver the exceptional service our guests expect and as such I am disappointed to hear that we didn't get things right as you mentioned in regards to the broken toilet and I certainly understand your disappointment and apologize for this.

As mentioned in previously Koh Samui does experience unexpected power cuts, and when this happens the hotel generators are turned on automatically, like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I certainly hope that you will indeed return to the Resort in the future and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in person next time.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We just got yesterday from staying at the Amari palm reef koh samui we spent 7nights there for our honeymoon we also had the most beautiful wedding blessing there I would highly recommend to anyone who wants to get married there everything was done perfect.The staff were all so friendly and the resort was always clean,great location as it's not to far to get into town.It had 2 lovely big pools on both side.Breakfast was great plenty to choose from and there's always a special on at the hotel whether it's happy hour or food.we both had the most perfect honeymoon there and hoping to return there again

Hello Susanna,

First of all, a huge thank you for your WOW review of your recent stay with us.

There is no doubt that our Resort is the perfect setting for weddings with a difference. We understand how important such events are in people's lives and it is our goal to ensure that not only does the special day go perfectly, but that the people who come for such an event, truly relax, have a great time and enjoy the time with family and friends.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed every thing from our location onto our swimming pools, from our amazing breakfast display onto our food and beverage specials.

I am delighted to hear that you have such wonderful memories of your experiences here and rest assured we would love to welcome you back again in the future!