“Superb experience”

Ranked #9 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Melbourne, Australia
“Superb experience”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

4 of us ladies stayed at Amari in Samui for 4 nights. It was devine. Martin the GM is a lovely person and went out of his way to make us feel welcome. The hotel is beautifully kept. The food exceptional. The staff lovely. We loved the position of the hotel which is walking distance but just far enough away from Chewang shopping strip. Highly recommended and I will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gill c
Hello Gill C,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us.
Needless to say, it is always nice for our team of talent to hear when we make such a positive impression.

It seems you had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the overall experience including everything from our dining options to our lovely staff.. While it can indeed be a challenge to please everyone all of the time, we always strive to do exactly that.

Thanks again for sharing your positive feedback about the Resort and certainly hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 August 2014

It's no argue a 5-star resort. We're a Chinese My family from Hong Kong. Stayed at Amari from 16 to 20 Aug. Resort location is perfect, 4 minutes' walk from the town center. Can ride a canoe right from the resort beach to some 80 meters outward and you can see lots of corals. Service is very good, can't find anything to complain.
Just that the swimming pools are a bit small. Still it deserves a grade A rating.

Room Tip: For rooms 5xx, I suggest you choose the ground floor. It's a choice between balcony and backyar...
Hello ricci hk c

Thank you for taking the time to write your impressions of your stay with us recently. Seems that you really enjoyed our location and the canoes outside on the beach.

I am delighted to see you were impressed from the service you received, rest assure we will continue to look at ways to impress.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your rating to us and we hope to see you back in Thailand soon!

Warm wishes
Bramhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Got a lovely warm welcome when we arrived and seeing through reception passed the pool to the beach really gave me the feeling we had arrived in paradise. Our room was on the other side of the road which I thought would be a problem but actually it was fine. The room was larger than expected although the bathroom could have done with a make over and was on the very small side it was adequate and having a separate loo was good. The area round the pool was well kept, clean and had a great bar for lunches. The beach at the hotel was well tended and with a wave of my arm the lovely man with the cocktail menu arrived. Just a few steps from the busy busy main strip with all the shops and restaurants meant we could wine and dine and then retire to piece and quiet. Food was fab at breakfast and lovely when we dined in the evening. Staff made this a most pleasant stay. If you go take a stroll down the beach to the massage ladies, cheep and fantastic and the most lovely way to spend an hour or 3 relaxing. My partner and I would love to return in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fiona C
Hello Fiona C,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us here in Koh Samui. And it's great to see you found so many great areas to enjoy while here, including our magnificent breakfast at Merante.

I would agree that the rooms on the other side of the road is not a major problem, however every guest has a personal preference.

I certainly hope it wont be the last time we welcome you back. Rest assured I would love to hear from you when you are next making plans for a return trip to Koh Samui.

Until then, thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Tel Aviv District, Israel
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My family and I have just returned from 8 days at the Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui, the entire experience at the Amari Palm was outstanding!!

The food was fantastic every morning with Wide ranging choice and good quality, the children define the Amari breakfast as “the best” …
Several times we had dinner at the Italian restaurant “Spago”, it was excellent, Pizza and Gnocchi are recommended. We also tried the beach buffet at lunch and we were very good.
The beach was clean and quiet, it is very close to the pool, we spend most our time on the beach and the children were able to move from the pool and the beach without our supervision.
The staff thought-out the hotel are excellent, my daughter had a birthday during our stay and she receive a cake to the room from the hotel.
Rooms were great - clean and spacious.
The location is excellent given it's well within walking distance of the main area in Chaweng.
Beautiful hotel, great and helpful service, I Would recommend the Amari to my friends.

1 Thank lilachz
Hello Lilichz,

Thank you so much for sharing such thorough thoughts about your recent experience with us.

I am honestly so thrilled to see that you enjoyed everything from Prego ( our specialty Italian restaurant) to the rooms, from the location to the amazing breakfast display.

As you have no doubt seen from many recent reviews and my replies, we really do value our approach to service and our efforts to connect with guests on a level unlike other resorts.

I am always delighted to hear when we are so successful on a level such as you suggest.

I really do thank you for your glowing recommendations and I certainly hope that we will welcome you back again so we can prove that such incredible experiences can indeed happen again and again.

Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I got married at Amari Palm Reef in the middle of July 2014. It was perfect! It started with an amazingly warm welcome from Shane, one of the managers who was helping us with our wedding. We had impeccable rooms and were even upgraded on our wedding night! The wedding itself was incredible, literally nothing went wrong and it was truly more than I expected. I wasn't worried or stressed out once, and Shane took care of everything. We have been to Thailand several times, and the food at Amari was some of, if not the best food we've ever had! I cannot thank Amari enough for everything they did for us. I would stay here over and over again without question. The breakfast buffet was also tasty - so much variety! The beach was perfect and the location was amazing as well! Definitely stay here! Thank you so much Amari! Amelia & Michael

Room Tip: Any rooms are great, the back area has a separate pool and is quieter, whereas the front is on the b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Amelia,

Thank you for such a WOW review of your recent stay with us.

There is no doubt that our Resort is the perfect setting for weddings with a difference. We understand how important such events are in people's lives and it is our goal to ensure that not only does the special day go perfectly, but that the people who come for such an event, truly relax, have a great time and enjoy the time with family and friends.

Of course I am also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the other areas of the Resort from the cuisine to the location and onto the beach.

As you know, we certainly hope that we now consider you as family and that we hope you will come back often to relive some of the magic you had recently. Needless to say, I hope to hear from you so I can help with such arrangements, Maybe for an annversary1

Until then, you both have our very best wishes and we wish you many years of happiness together.

Warm wishes
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

2 years later almost to the day, we returned, the hotel is still excellent, like any facilities there are things they could do better, but nothing that would stop us returning. There is some building work on the south side of the hotel, wasn't a problem but could become one, they were pouring concrete room shells whilst we were there in Aug for what looks like a 3 or more story hotel and either pools or another block will doubtless go in the space beside the Amari. Oh and watch out for the food deals - pizza for 200 baht and mojito for 150 apparently only applies if you buy both - doesn't say so on the menu and I gave up arguing with reception which kinds sucks.

Room Tip: First floor on the north of the back area is quiet at night and avoids the potential building noise
Hello Slipstream222,

Thank you for expressing your thoughts about our Resort following your recent stay with us. I am always happy to welcome returning guests and when we make such a positive overall impression that guests will return.

I really appreciate your feedback in regards to the pizza and mojito promotion and as a result there has been a change where guests are not required to purchase both items together to receive the special prize. Rest assure we will continue to listen to our customers feedback.

Yes you are correct in the vacant land besides the hotel another resort is being built with swimming pool.

Thanks again for your kind comments and I certainly do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Last week I stayed with my family 2 adults and 1 baby for 4 days holiday and has been the worst experience in my life at this hotel.
Starting with a very very bad front desk who were very cold and not helpful at all.
I had mentioned that I have a small baby with me and needed close proximity to the reception and Restruant however was flatly refused and I was sent to the other side of the road where the second part of the hotel was. The front desk flatly refused to help and never entertained further conversation.
On buffet breakfast the staff was very rude on providing us with support on food or place to sit as preference was given to foreigners.
The room was dirty and had a lizard on the wall and when I complained no action was taken only to say "it's common here".
I have stayed at many hotels abroad but this has been the wort experience ever.
In fact on the other hand Amari watergate at Bangkok was a much much better place and warm.
Wonder under one brand so much of discrepancy.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Rishad T
Hello Rishadtehrani,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.It was unfortunate to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

I do feel it necessary to share certain additional information to clarify the situation for the benefit of other readers.

Your booking was for a superior room, however there was no pre- request in your booking for a room close proximity to restaurant and/or reception. On the day of your arrival all the superior rooms with close proximity to the restaurant and/or reception were occupied. Yes you are correct you were allocated a room on the other side of the street, however after two nights you were moved to room #2203 which is close to the restaurant and reception which you failed to mention in your review. Therefore the front desk did not flatly refused to help with your request upon arrival you were moved when the next available room become available.

In regards to our staff giving preference to foreigners is a damaging allegation, and cannot be automatically assumed. I would have much preferred that you had reported this matter to us politely and professionally requesting management to investigate. This approach would have been both welcomed and received by us with appropriate concern.

We would have appreciated the opportunity to address your concerns while you were a guest at Amari Palm Reef however we thank you for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor