Lowest prices for your stay
US$142
TravelocityUS$142
Trip.comUS$151
eDreamsUS$141
3,387 results
All reviews prego thai village beach side breeze spa koh samui garden wing chaweng beach crossing the road deluxe room kids club main pool pool view buffet breakfast bars and restaurants the hustle and bustle relaxing holiday amazing hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Let me begin by saying that in my experience in hotels all around the world - of which I have seen my fare share - I have never had a more pleasant experience with hotel staff as I did here.

I disagree wholeheartedly with the comment that anyone in this hotel has acted with malicious intent or in a dishonorable way towards guests. I have myself worked in the hospitality industry all over the world and found 'Martin the Manager' one of the most professional, proficient and just plain lovely people in my travels of over 100 countries.

There is one example during my stay with some friends from all corners of the globe that I would like to share on said manager; I had only been at the hotel mere minutes and was explaining to Martin the extent of my then current trip I needed advice on traveling through Thailand and Martin sat with me for over 1 hour and gave me a thorough explanation of the country from top to bottom.

Thank you for making the trip exceptional Martin.

Date of stay: February 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2010

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 5 days in April whilst passing through Thailand. It was the perfect hotel for the relaxing holiday that we were after. It is just far enough from busy Chaweng to be quiet in the evenings, but it is only a stroll to the busier parts to go shopping! Our room had a great view and was really well appointed and comfortable. The staff really went out of their way to help us out with any queries and recommendations that we were after and no request ever seemed too difficult. We mostly went out for dinner, exploring a lot of the smaller local restaurants but one night we ate at Prego restaurant within the hotel and that was a fantastic Italian meal that fixed our craving!! The chef was lovely and came to have a chat with the guests in the dining room which we thought was a lovely touch. All in all, it was a great experience and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel for others to stay at on a trip to Koh Samui.

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ausnic80
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Pros:
--Got a free upgrade to one of the nicer rooms that are closer to the beach/pools and did not have to cross the scary street.
--Pool and beach are both beautiful. Ample trees and umbrellas for shade, but if you prefer to get baked, full sun is available as well.
--Nice pool, clean.
--Housekeeping noticed we had left something behind in our room and notified the front desk when we were checking out
--Staff seems nice and well meaning, they will totally go the extra mile if you tip
--This is more affordable luxury in Koh Samui
--I would recommend this place to a friend
--We ran into few, if any, language barriers, and were usually eventually able to get our point across. Most of the staff knows basic English.
--They have people who can book day trips around Koh Samui, but we just stayed by the beach and pool, sunbathing, reading, relaxing.
--Overall, one of the nicest most relaxing vacations ever.

Cons
--Got mild food poisoning at the Prego Italian restaurant; service at Prego was lacking; overall food at resort not fantastic and would recommend going elsewhere for dinner
--About 50-75% of the rooms are on the other side of a street, and crossing the street can be scary. When we were there, they did have one-to-two guys to help the westerners cross.
--Air Conditioner leaked water on floor or perhaps it was from the once daily thunder shower we would get that would last about 10 minutes
--On the day of check out we asked them to hold our luggage since we had a late evening flight out, several hours later our luggage was still sitting in the open air lobby (could have easily been stolen).
--Scheduled Thai cooking class on flyers in hotel was not held (perhaps because we were there during low tourist season), so do not depend on their allegedly scheduled events
--This part of the beach does not get the a lot of waves that other parts of Koh Samui gets, it’s more like a lake. Not a place to stay if you want to surf.
--Service at the restaurant near the pool was slow

Date of stay: March 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2010

After visiting a few spots in Thailand, this is easily my favourite hotel. The staff were really warm and welcoming. Samui has so many great day trips but you could easily watch a week go by staying at the hotel. Great surroundings!

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2010

We stayed at the Amari Palm Reef for 8 nights as from 4th of June and i have to say im so glad we did!!
On our arrival our room was upgraded to a bungalow on the other side of the road to the beach , DONT LISTEN TO THE WINGERS FOR THEY MUST BE EXTREMELY LAZY!!!!!
The walk to the breakfast area takes but a minute if that !!!!
the room we had was modern , clean, and of a high standard for the price we paid for 8 nights!

Ok so the beach is shallow but the water is like laying in the bath very warm! most nights we just laid in the water looking up at the stars chilling out!
If you are going to drink and eat during the day then i would suggest you buy from the locals on the beach ! Their spring rolls with chili dips are a treat as is the chicken skewers and bbq sweet corn plus its cheap as hell!
look for a young man called phily as he will always go out of his way to get you what u want and he wont rip you off! he works for a guy called Alex and also answers to this name if you call him! ( we only found out his real name on the last 3 days!! )

The only thing that lets this hotel down is Martin the Manager!! I had the unpleasant meeting with him about 20 minute phone bill to the UK which was being charged at £110.00 !!!!!!!!
When asked about such a high bill he became rude, arrogant and patronizing !
he made us feel like if we could afford to stay in his hotel then we could afford his rip off charges!
WRONG MARTIN!!! We stood our ground and refused to pay such a price and after 15 mins he backed down and it cost the right price of £13.00 !!!!
Please dont use the hotel to phone home! walk 5 mins down the road and use the many shops that offer overseas calls.
Apart from this one moan our time there was fantastic!! and we are already planning our next visit in 2011!
Dont just stay on Samui the whole time ! Get on some boat trips to the surrounding Islands and explore!
Go to koh tao and koh nung yaug and maybe the marine park!!

Above all book this hotel and enjoy your stay as we have!!!! Nick and Clare

Date of stay: June 2010