Still getting over our excellent holiday to Koh Samui had just the best time ever. This hotel is in an excellent location and offers great service in a stylish setting. We go allocated superior rooms by the 2nd pool over the road and they were stunning as was the location with all amenities being close to hand. Breakfasts were excellent with loads of choice that even after 12 days we could still find someting new to try, so too is Prego both food and service are first class.
But in our opinion the best part about this hotel was its location enjoy lunch in one of the beach bars (our favourites were Op Bungalows & Aqua which serves great Thai and Italian food and the staff are super friendly) also loads of places to enjoy dinner both on the beach and in the town plus you have to try the night market for some great local food (head towards town and when the road forks take a right, the market is about 200 metres on left we at at Ploy Restaurant the fish was excellent)
On a couple of nights we also took a cab to Fishermans Village which is a great place with some excellent bars and restaurants and a bit more laid back than Chewang. We ate at the Shack which does the best steaks! and also Krua Thai which serves delicious traditional food. Our final reccommendation is a little place called "Peak Kitchen" its situated about a 10 min taxi drive from the hotel near a hotel called the boat house, we read a review in the local paper and have to say its a simple place but the food is amazing and the chef/owner is a right character!
Finally have to mention "Your Place Bar" its along the beach to the left its just a perfect place to enjoy a cocktail OR THREE!!! Oh and the fire show is well worth staying around for.
It was our second time to Koh Samui and I cant wait to go back again real soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cushioned by soft white sands and sparkling waters, Amari welcomes you to one of the most idyllic islands in the Gulf of Thailand. A gem set apart from the rest of the world, Amari on Koh Samui invites you to live out your days on island time, where there is always time for another dip in the pool or another walk on the beach. Turn off your clock, enter our time zone, and let Amari take care of the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelbag, Amari Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your Amari Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Amari Palm Reef Hotel
- Amari Palm Reef Resort
- Amari Koh Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng