We stayed here for our honeymoon from June 20 till June 25 2008. Great room, lovely pool area and generous breakfast. The location is a little bit inconvenient and really takes about 25 to 30 minutes to walk to the town centre, but as in other reviews it doesn't cost much to get a taxi (dont pay more than 150 baht) or a tuk-tuk (don't pay more than 100 baht) to get to and from the heart of Chaweng.
A word on airport taxis - if you have not arranged an airport transfer to your hotel, do not be fooled by the people who greet you at the airport when you arrive in Samui who tell you that there are no metered taxis and the fare will be 400 baht to get to Chaweng. It is true that the taxi drivers do not put their meters on in Samui, but just walk out of the airport terminal and pay no more than 300 baht to get to Chaweng. This is overpriced compared to what you would pay in a Bangkok metered taxi but the best airport taxi fare you are likely to get on Samui.
If you are booking a tour, go to the tour offices in Chaweng and the prices are generally negotiable by about 100 to 150 baht. The tours are all run by the same companies so do not book these trips at hotels or with the American or English tour operators, it is obvious that they take a generous cut and are not willing to negotiate on price.
We did the jungle safari tour for 1500 baht each which was excellent and worth every cent. We also did the snorkelling day trip to Koh Tao which was also brilliant and well worth the 1500 baht each.
We found the restaraunts on the main street of Chaweng to be good value for money and great food, we highly recommend Weiner Snitzel or Will Wait restaraunt. The only hotel restaraunt we ate at was the one at the Muang Samui Hotel just to experience the beachfront dining atmosphere. The food here was great but these upmarket restarants charge you a 10% service fee as well as 7% VAT on top of their menu prices.
We loved Samui in general and were happy with our hotel but if we visit again we would probably stay a bit closer to the main part of Chaweng.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining the finest traditions of Thai architecture with modern European conveniences Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Spa is the ideal place to escape from it all. Fifty one luxuriously appointed rooms and villas, each with its own Jacuzzi for two have been designed to meet your every need and to allow you to rest and rejuvenate in a tranquil and naturally beautiful setting. From our Award Winning Italian and International restaurant, Olivio Italian cuisine, featuring the finest cuisine along our unspoiled beach to our signature Satira Herbal Spa offering the latest in all-natural therapeutic treatments, your every need will be catered to in legendary Thai style.Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Spa, a simply unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Hotel Chaweng
- Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas Ko Samui/Chaweng