This hotel is a little bit further away from the centre of Chaweng, which is great if you want to avoid the noise. It's about a 15 min walk from the main strip, or 200 baht in a taxi (100 baht for a moped taxi). The hotel also provides a private taxi for 200 baht which we used quite a lot. The Italian restaurant sounds a bit odd, but they actually do some really good Thai food, which is quite well priced. The pizzas and pastas are good for eating by the pool during the day. The pool and loungers are well maintained and clean, shame there were a few too many young children around though. Free internet in every room was fast and worked well, and the staff were genuinely friendly and always tried to help - especially the pool boys.
Rooms were of a good size, cleaned and turned down daily, with everything you need. Our bed was probably slightly larger than the King sized bed we have at home. The balcony outside was large and looked at the waterfall and water features, shame it wasn't very private. The bathroom had a jacuzzi which was a nice touch, and a separate shower room.
Nearby there are a few restaurants, the one on the opposite side of the main road was excellent and well worth a visit. The mini supermarket next door had everything you might need from snacks to alcohol to toiletries.
Overall a neat place, and I'd definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining the finest traditions of Thai architecture with modern European conveniences Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Spa is the ideal place to escape from it all. Fifty one luxuriously appointed rooms and villas, each with its own Jacuzzi for two have been designed to meet your every need and to allow you to rest and rejuvenate in a tranquil and naturally beautiful setting. From our Award Winning Italian and International restaurant, Olivio Italian cuisine, featuring the finest cuisine along our unspoiled beach to our signature Satira Herbal Spa offering the latest in all-natural therapeutic treatments, your every need will be catered to in legendary Thai style.Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Spa, a simply unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Hotel Chaweng
- Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas Ko Samui/Chaweng