We - a family with young child - arrived at this hotel with great expectations for a wonderful holiday in Thailand. Unfortunately, it was a big difference from the pictures we have seen on the website and the reality. The hotel is placed on a top of a hill, so if you want to go to the beach you have to walk down a lot of steps, which you also have to climb up at return. The beach is almost inexistent, and it is completely covered by the sea during the tide. The existent pool is very small and it is almost impossible to find 2-3 sunbeds one near the other, as some smart guys are coming early morning and put some Tshirts or books on almost all the sundbeds at the pool. This was also the reason we asked our travel agency to move us out to another hotel (Anantara) after only 2 days spent here. The room (we choosed a superior vila) was very noisy, as it is next to a secondary street, and we could hear all the bikes and motors noise even earlier than the sun rises. The italian restaurant - Olivio - is very expensive, taking in account the plenty of similar restaurants you can find on the main street. The very nice view of the sea does not worth the prices you must pay versus the street restaurants (double for food, 3-5 times more for the drinks).
The only plus I can find to this hotel is the quality of the staff, who is very helpful and really wants to help you feel good, even if they cannot do anything to improve the premises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining the finest traditions of Thai architecture with modern European conveniences Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Spa is the ideal place to escape from it all. Fifty one luxuriously appointed rooms and villas, each with its own Jacuzzi for two have been designed to meet your every need and to allow you to rest and rejuvenate in a tranquil and naturally beautiful setting. From our Award Winning Italian and International restaurant, Olivio Italian cuisine, featuring the finest cuisine along our unspoiled beach to our signature Satira Herbal Spa offering the latest in all-natural therapeutic treatments, your every need will be catered to in legendary Thai style.Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Spa, a simply unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Hotel Chaweng
- Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas Ko Samui/Chaweng