Location: Excellent for us. If you want to party, maybe not as much for you, but if you want to mostly relax and don't mind a 15-20 minute beach walk to get to the party, it's perfect. We loved taking our long strolls, going to a bar or club for a few drinks, but then having the peace and quiet back where we were staying. I especially liked the way the waves crashed against the wall of the restaurant/pool area during high tide (only ankle deep or so at most, you can still walk in it easily). It was beautiful.
Property: Immaculate. The infinity pool was clear and perfectly clean and there was never a shortage of shady chairs to lounge in to gaze out at the pool and the ocean. The garden/hill area is beautiful as well, with koi ponds and waterfalls that make the walk down to the beach rather magical, day or night.
Service: Warm, friendly, helpful. Herbal drink and flowers given at check-in, people always happy to give us advice. Room service and room-related requests always prompt. Never felt like I was inconveniencing anyone.
Room: Very clean, romantically appointed. Lighting could have been a little brighter but the big windows onto the veranda fixed that most of the time. If you keep your windows uncovered, it's possible for others to see in, but even just the little white curtain can stop that while still giving you plenty of light. We didn't feel "exposed" or anything. I don't think I'd prefer a ground floor room (note, we requested non-ground-floor and they obliged.)
They light an aromatherapy burner when they do up the room so it always smells wonderful when you return. We enjoyed our daily towel animals as well. The bed was not "cushy" necessarily but it was very comfortable. Air conditioning worked extremely effectively.
We didn't see a single mosquito while we were there, though we did have a cute gecko one night, but I see that more as a bonus. ;)
Food: Breakfast had a large selection including fruits and meats and all sorts of good stuff. Lunch wise, we tried a few pastas and thai dishes, all good, I had a club sandwich one day that was nice but my husband's hamburger wasn't as good. We had dinner at the restaurant (Olivio's) a couple times, both good. Prices were a little high though, compared to the other restaurants in the area.
We didn't use the spa, because it cost too much.
I highly recommend this to anyone wanting a dreamy samui vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining the finest traditions of Thai architecture with modern European conveniences Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas is the ideal place to escape from it all. Fifty one luxuriously appointed rooms and villas, each with its own Jacuzzi for two have been designed to meet your every need and to allow you to rest and rejuvenate in a tranquil and naturally beautiful setting. Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas, a simply unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Hotel Chaweng
- Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas Ko Samui/Chaweng