“Construction noise - Ok hotel in poor part of Chaweng Beach”

Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas
Ranked #38 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Beach: Ko Samui is an interesting place. Some of the beaches are absolutely world-class with clean, see-through turquoise water and power-white sand, and also dirty, muddy waters filled with corals and rocks. Unfortunately, for Baan Haad Ngam Hotel - and for me for 1 night - I had to make do with the latter. I'm glad I only booked this hotel for one night, and was able to leave the very next day. To be fair, you can walk down about 1 km south toward the center of Chaweng Beach for a much better beach experience, but right in front of the hotel you have one of the worst beaches I have experienced.

Hotel: The hotel is actually quite nice. The rooms are spacious with nice dark hardwood floors, and a nice view of the garden. The mattress and pillows were a bit hard (as also mentioned by another reviewer).

Pool: Nice small infinity pool.

On the day I was staying at this hotel, there was also construction going on right next to the pool. The noise was unbearable. I would have appreciated a warning by Expedia or some kind of extra present from the hotel to make up for that, e.g. free meal, cocktails, or something. I was quite happy to have only booked one night, so I voted with my hard earned cash and chose to move to another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dubai_Adventurer38

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We came to koh Samui for a friends wedding. They had recommended this resort. The staff are very helpful and friendly, lovely rooms, yummy breakfast, gorgeous outlook over the beach and not far from the main action at chaweng beach! We will definately come back again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

stayed here to 1 week and loved it! staff very friendly and accommodating. Organised a rental car for us and had pre packed breakfast for us on day we left as flight was at 6am. Lovely location, not on busy stretch of bench away from crowds etc. A+++

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We booked this hotel for our honeymoon. We were welcomed to the hotel with flowers, cold towels & a drink which was really nice & on entering our room we had been given a complimentary bottle of champagne & a flower decoration on the bed. We thought that this was a really nice touch & were really please with this.

The room however was just a little shabby around the edges. As this is a 4* we expected it to be a bit more impressive but it reminded me of a 2/3* apartment in the canaries. The bathroom wasn't very clean & shampoo & shower gel wasn't filled back up daily. The bed was very hard & the air conditioning very loud. It was alright, just not the wow factor that we were expecting.

The pool area & garden however were stunning & that was the real benefit of this hotel. Drinks at the pool were expensive but we waited to happy hour when we could get 2-4-1. Infinity pool in stunning as it looks out over the sea.

The hotel is about a 20 minute walk to the centre of chaweng either by walking across the beach or by going the road way. We preferred the beach way as it was a nicer walk.

I'd recommend using the free kayak at the hotel as going around the coat, we found this great fun.

Staff were great, breakfast was ok but no brilliant but I think that's just me as I wanted a full english every day but they have to cater for all nationalities so can't grumble too much.

all in all really nice but without the wow factor. I think the bathroom in our room needed ripping out & everything could do with a lick of paint.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank russellbrown181
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Baan Haad Ngam was one of the best places i have ever stayed. We stayed in a beautiful vila which was just great! the staff were beautiful and so helpful, my passport and wallet was stolen on the street of chaweng and the staff accompanied us to the police station. i highly recommend this place its just perfect:)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed 17 April 2014

we have stayed here for 3 nights in the month of march............if we are looking for a peace and quiet place to hangout then this property is very good............staff behaviour is very helpful........... but if we talk about the food........ quality of food is not too gud........... rest we have enjoyed the pool with beach with the beauty of nature.........

Room Tip: if anyone wants to enjoy this property then must take grand deluxe property...........
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Lovely place , great service. Very generous and kind , idle place for a couple to relax , the pool side is beautiful facing the the beach , I would recommend this place to all the people in my world to experience baan haad cheers !

• Stayed: April 2014
Travellers also viewed these Chaweng hotels
Samui Resotel Beach Resort
Casa De Mar
Casa De Mar
#12 of 104 in Chaweng
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort

Been to Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas

Address: 154 Moo 2, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand (Formerly Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Spa)
Region: Thailand > Surat Thani Province > Ko Samui > Bophut > Chaweng
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
#16 Romantic Hotel in Chaweng
#24 Luxury Hotel in Chaweng
#33 On the Beach Hotel in Chaweng
Price Range: £54 - £280 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas 4*
Combining the finest traditions of Thai architecture with modern European conveniences Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas is the ideal place to escape from it all. Fifty one luxuriously appointed rooms and villas, each with its own Jacuzzi for two have been designed to meet your every need and to allow you to rest and rejuvenate in a tranquil and naturally beautiful setting. Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas, a simply unforgettable experience. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sawasdee, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Hotel Chaweng