We booked this hotel because of the view from the pool, and when we got there after a 26 hour journey and 3 flights it definitely didn't disappoint. The beach is a couple of foot steps away from the pool, which is perfect as with some hotels and places we've stayed in we've had to travel to the beach. So when you've had enough of sunbathing you can seek shade at the sun loungers by the pool. The beach is very clean and spacious outside the hotel. Sometimes the tide comes in right to the hotel pool steps which isn't really a problem as you can just walk a little further down to find plenty of beach space.
LOCATION - is ideal if you want to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the nightlife (Chaweng strip). It's walking distance from the main strip. However sometimes after a long night out we'd get the taxi back to our room, which only cost about 250 baht (approx £4.50).
ROOM - the room was clean and maintained well during our stay. Sometimes we'd come in to find towels in the shape of swans or palm tree leaves in the shape of flowers and roses. The room was very spacious, with a balcony overlooking the garden which resembled a tropical rainforest, it was very beautiful. The only thing which again wasn't a problem is that the hotel advert on expedia didn't explain is you'd have to cross the road to get to the pool, so the pool was like a separate entity to the hotel. It might be a bit difficult for people with disabilities.
The main reason why i didn't give the hotel 5 stars rating is the following;
the reception staff were quite unfriendly and unhelpful (don't trust their advice for which moped rental to go for as they will pick the ones across the road which weren't very good, walk a bit further down and you'll find a much better one with better bikes).
The breakfast buffet was a disgrace - i've stayed in a lot of hotels but this breakfast really disappointed me and after a few days i didn't bother getting up for it. The choice was very limited. The fruit was warm, the eggs were cold need I go on?. Also the staff at the restaurant seemed like they couldn't be bothered to do their job and made us feel unwelcome. Please note the Olivio restaurant menu is very over priced compared to the other restaurants in Koh Samui, the food again is very average and nothing to write home about.
All in all i would stay here again, mainly for the view and the pool
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining the finest traditions of Thai architecture with modern European conveniences Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Spa is the ideal place to escape from it all. Fifty one luxuriously appointed rooms and villas, each with its own Jacuzzi for two have been designed to meet your every need and to allow you to rest and rejuvenate in a tranquil and naturally beautiful setting. From our Award Winning Italian and International restaurant, Olivio Italian cuisine, featuring the finest cuisine along our unspoiled beach to our signature Satira Herbal Spa offering the latest in all-natural therapeutic treatments, your every need will be catered to in legendary Thai style.Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Spa, a simply unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Hotel Chaweng
- Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas Ko Samui/Chaweng