“nice hotel with limited internet connection”

Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi
Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 17 April 2013

The hotel was nice, with a good breakfast buffet. The staffs were helpful, and understood English without much effort. The beach in front of the hotel was really nice. The breakfast area was also very good with a nice range of food to choose from. It’s a very good family hotel. However, the size of the room was very small and the bathroom was almost a joke! Even with the shower curtain on, the whole bathroom floor would get splashed. The shower drain gets flooded whenever the shower is on for 1 minute!! We actually had to wait in the shower for the water to go down! There was NO Wi-Fi signal in our rooms. We complained every day during our stay and they replied every day that they are fixing and we’ll get the connection by the afternoon. I think they were never fixing it, it’s just what they say when guests complain about internet. Overall, I think I won’t’ mind going back to this hotel, given that I have good Wi-Fi signals in my room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Impiana S, Manager at Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear ainee_risha,

I am happy to hear that you found so many positives about our resort. Starting with the various healthy choices of breakfast buffet, to our beachside location, to our service oriented and pleasant staffs.

I do have to admit that we have been experiencing some issues for 3 days during your stay with our complimentary wifi system. After the repair, wireless high speed internet gets back to normal. Regarding the room size, Impiana Samui have different room categories to choose from; ranging from 23 sqm – 40 sqm depending on the room you booked. Sizes and room information are clearly stated in internet and in all our confirmation letters. We are also surprised to hear about the shower drain in your room, if you had mentioned this to one of our Managers on duty,
we could have checked and given you the service needed. We regret the room fell short of your expectations.

I am delighted to hear that you have plans going back to our hotel and rest assured we would LOVE to welcome you back again in the future!

All the best and warm wishes,

Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and could of easily stayed for longer. The hotel only has a small pool but who cares about the pool when the beach is stunning and only a 20 second walk away. Rooms are pretty nice, staff are really friendly especially down by the beach bar which has two happy hours per day. Both for two hours. The beach is really clean and inviting. We ate at the beach restaurant one evening which is very romantic. A band playing nice quiet music there in the evenings Is a Nice touch. Hire scooters down the road (5 min walk) for half the price of the hotel. We had part of our honeymoon here and it did not disappoint. breakfast is really nice also. About 5 min ride Into Chawang which isn't too bad. Away from busy nightlife but close enough to get involved.

• Stayed: February 2013
Impiana S, Manager at Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear ausrussian,

I am glad to read that you were impressed by the physical layout of the Resort; the stunning beach, excellent breakfast, the best happy hour deals down by the beach bar and the friendly service staff.

I will be sure to share your kind comments with all the staff, who will be delighted and motivated that they made your honeymoon at our Resort so special.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We would love to see you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Stayed here for one night in February and upon arrival was told our room wasn't ready (this was after 6pm). We were thus given a complimentary dinner for the two of us, although we were not allowed to select what we wanted to eat, and it was all primarily seafood which my girlfriend and I are not big fans of. After almost two hours of waiting we were allowed to access our room. The room was ok, although there were some problems with bugs and the general feel of the room was a little rundown and old (we had a pool view room). The bathroom was most notably not in the greatest condition and I believe our check-in was delayed because of some problems in there although they would not tell us.

Overall, staff seemed to be very friendly and the free shuttle in to town was nice. Also, beautiful beach location, a lot better than staying right on Lamai or one of the other busy beaches on the island. A little bit quieter. Drinks were expensive at the bar, although there are many other options not too far away for the thirsty travellers!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Impiana S, Manager at Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Dear IHeartRonSwanson,

Thank you for your contribution! We are happy that you chose to stay with us even for a night. We appreciate your kind words about our friendly staffs and your recommendation for free shuttle service to town which we offer (4) four times daily.

Please allow us to take a minute of your time to clarify and respond to your queries.

I do have to admit that the hotel was fully booked the whole month of February. Informing us of your arrival time beforehand, helps us to allocate guest rooms upon arrival more efficiently. We had to let you wait for the room upon arrival and we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The issue that you had regarding the complimentary dinner was not acted upon, we were unaware at your food preference at the time.

With regards to the drink prices at the bar, our prices are competitive and in line with comparable hotels and resorts in Koh Samui. Please note that we do have our happy hours, three times daily which has received numerous compliments as majority of our guest are more than happy enjoying our happy hours. You are of course entitled to your opinion and we respect that.

Needless to say, thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Sincerely and with warm wishes

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This hotel/resort has the potential to be amazing with its nice grounds and location on the beach etc..
We paid for an upgrade on arrival (which seemed to be a pain rather than a gain o the girl on the desk) and when we got to the beach side cottage it had a sewage smell, ROCK hard bed (even after getting topper put on) and room very small and awkward. I was really upset as I had booked this with the idea it was be great for my bf and I.
I politely complained the next morning and the nice manager moved us to the other side of the resort to a bigger room- really appreciated her help. It made the rest of the stay a lot more comfortable.
She was probably the only curtious and welcoming staff member- the majority of the staff were constantly walking around looking like they were hating life never greeting or smiling at us, we would walk in to lobby and staff would be on their I phones and wouldn't greet, then staff blowing their noses at breakfast- which takes me to not even being offered tea or coffee at breaky.. Just such little things that can make a whole world of difference.
Chewang Noi obviously is quite remote and on a lovely stretch or beach, don't stay here if you want to be in amongst all the action, we stayed 3 nights in central chewang (around kc, buri rasa, banana- best bit of beach around these hotels) but at Impiana there's a really cute little resturant next door which is also a bar and has massages etc- all you need and very cheap. The free shuttle was good that the hotel offered, drinks were ok from hotel bar but the main bartender at night was horrible- very loud and rude.
I appreciate the new room we were given, however this hotel needs new staff with a better attitude, really work on the small things like saying hello, as well as new beds, better showers as the baths/showers were atrocious, room upgrade in general to be larger and a fresher selection at breakfast. Probably wouldn't stay again, sorry!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Stephy190690,

Greetings from sunny Koh Samui!
Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at our resort.
I had written to you personally over the issues that you had faced and haven’t been able to get a reply back. I hope to hear from you.

Please accept my sincerest apology if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the staff service that you received. We have taken note and shared with our food & beverage, front office teams and training department for corrective actions and further trainings will certainly be adopted accordingly.

I still hope that you will consider giving us an opportunity to better serve you in the future
and this will not deter you from returning to Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, Koh Samui.

In the meantime, please accept warm wishes from us all.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

My friend and I stayed for 5 nights over Easter. Hotel itself is very clean and has a nice beach in front. The location is perfect if you want tranquil environment but not far from the center. It would have been great if the staffs were friendlier. Only handful of staff were actually friendly and others just looked miserable and upset everyday. I have stayed in different parts of Thailand and this hotel offered the worst service of all.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ao_Cyma
Impiana S, Manager at Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Dear Ao_Cyma,

It is heartening to read your review of our Resort. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, cleaned nice beach in a very tranquil environment and we do appreciate your acknowledgment.

We regret to learn about your disappointment with our staff service and we apologize if we fell short in delivering our usual good customer service for you. Our staff is usually very friendly & efficient with the services they provide. Thai people are renowned for their warm hospitality, which is why Thailand is known as 'the Land of Smiles'.

Again, It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we do look forward on your next visit to Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, Koh Samui.

My Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed here for two weeks in November with my daughter and her boyfriend. Lovely welcome on arrival. The hotel sent a car to pick us up from the airport. Koh Samui has the most beautiful open air arrivals and departure airport lounges Ihave ever seen. Flowers everywhere, a regular feature of ThAiland it seems. Wherever you go you cannot fail to be impressed by the lovely smiles of local people and the fresh flowers which abound! There is a wonderful beach side spa at this hotel and I highly recommend the hot stone massage - great way to relax and unwind. My daughter had a lovely sea view and her room was larger and better equipped than mine. My room, in contrast, was on the back of the hotel Nd overlooked a noisy,busy main road. Fortunately, I didn't spend much time in my room and the bathroom was okay if a little dark! There is satellite TV in rooms and in the closet I found an umbrella and rubber flip-flops (a nice touch). The rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels ad linen changed daily. The common areas were spotless. The breakfast,taken overlooking the ocean, was excellent. We usually had lunch from the beachside cafe which was excellent and we took advantage of the regular daily happy hour prices on the drinks. The implant is just far enough away from the madness of the main resort in Chaweng but close enough to hop in there by taxi or moped when you felt the need! We ate dinner in the Impiana restaurant on several occasions and took advantage of the beach restaurant a couple of times too - fabulous! The food was excellent, but equally amazing was the take-away pad Thai that we bought from street vendors for a fraction of the price we paid in the hotel. If we ever do return to the Impiana I would try to book one of the beach bungalows which are beautifully appointed and situated only yards from the beach. The sea was amazing for bathing and there were some very friendly beach vendors from whom we bought inexpensive gifts of clothing, jewellery, etc from the comfort of our sun loungers. Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone considering going to Koh Samui.

Room Tip: I don't remember seeing a fitness centre, so if its important for you, make sure they have one!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Impiana S, Manager at Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

Dear Turkeytrotter10,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us following your stay last November at Impiana Resort, Chaweng Noi, Koh Samui! . We are thrilled that you enjoyed the various culinary delights at the hotel, and the caring hospitality offered by our dedicated team, resulting in memorable experiences being created for our guests.

Please do let us know when your plans bring you back to Koh Samui. We would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure another magnificent experience at Impiana Resort, Chaweng Noi, Koh Samui.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Everything I needed from a hotel. Peaceful & quiet beach. Really clean beach. I was upgraded and put in a room close to the beach. The infinity pool is refreshing dip. One of the best beach lounge I've seen. The room is a little small, ie tight squeeze if you have 2 or more luggages. Only bad experience is the aircon died in the middle of the night but it was fixed within 15 mins. Will definitely come back to this little paradise again. Spa was ok. Not the best but I love the signature Swasana massage oil. Bought back home a bottle with me.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank jaylex
Impiana S, Manager at Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear jaylex,

Thank you very much for this outstanding review and delighted to read that you have enjoyed your recent holiday at Impiana Resort, Chaweng Noi, Koh Samui; the spectacular beach, culinary delights and our team's excellent service. I have shared your great feedback with all our team and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Best regards,