Having recently stayed at the Impiana Resort in Koh Samui, I can honestly say that this hotel was not bad but could be great.
I stayed in 3 rooms during my stay at the resort, one change was unplanned due to a leaky air conditioning unit.
Room 1: Standard room, clean, large enough for 3 single beds, with a great view of the sea. The only things that we had issue with was the leaky air conditioning unit, and the comment about opened (but untouched) items in the mini bar. As we had not even opened the mini bar the charges felt unfair and forceful (my friend was threatened that they would fine him via the credit card used if he did not comply with the additional charges).
Room 2: After raising the issue of the faulty air conditioning unit twice (over 2 days) we were changed/ upgraded to a deluxe room (next door to our original room). The larger room was very spacious and had a nice balcony facing the ocean/ beach.
Room 3: I was required to stay an additional day in Koh Samui to complete a PADI diving course, and left 1 day later than my friends. This additional day was unplanned and so I checked the cost of a room in the same hotel (mainly for convenience), the price quoted by the hotel was higher than that of a price comparison website ((~1700 baht higher), they were either unable or unwilling to match the price. The 3rd room was much brighter and modern than the previous 2 rooms, this probably ties in with the on-going renovations taking place at the resort. Although the room faced the road the slight noise was not a problem for me.
Staff: The staff at the hotel were professional but rather cold. For me this was not an issue.
-Condition: my general impression was that the hotel was a little aged and this was the reason for the renovations. Any rainfall meant the leaks were appearing in the reception area (they were dealt with sufficiently). I noticed that the pool did not have a filtration system, and was instead filtered over 2 days via an unaesthetic method on an external unit, I pottered to swim in the sea instead of the pool.
-Breakfast: very good selection of food with welcoming staff.
-Meals: I only ate a couple of times at the hotel (out with breakfast), however the food was very nice and filling.
-Location: the resort is situated on a beautiful beach, however any trips into the nearby town should be done via taxi (there is a shuttle bus. But it ran at time that were not convenient for my friends and I), walking the few kilometres is not advisable with the driving sense of the local population and the lack of pavements at points. The local taxis were quite expensive when compared to Bangkok and Chiang Mai, but this is still relatively cheap (£6/ 300 baht, resort to main area of Chaweng).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi is on a secluded, white sand beachfront with sunrise views. Set among lush tropical gardens, the 96 contemporary Thai inspired rooms are a great base to explore the island’s beauty or laze by the pool or beach to fully recharge. Enjoy friendly service and tantalizing cuisine at Sabai beachfront restaurant, chill at the beachfront bar or treat yourself to a pampering treatment at Swasana Spa. For something really special, indulge in a private dining experience on the beach with your loved one. Located only 5 min from Chaweng by shuttle bus, you’re very close to the shopping, restaurants and nightlife Samui has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Splitty, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Impiana Samui Resort And Spa
- Impiana Samui Hotel Bophut
- Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi Ko Samui