We have been at the Chaba for 2 weeks and we are having a fabulous time. We are here for another 2 weeks and don't want it to go too quickly as we don't want to go home.
The hotel is in a great location - at the end of the main strip in Chaweng. We are staying on the Ocean side of the hotel and it is great. The room is clean, the air con works great, bed is a little hard but we can live with it. We did have a leak with the air con in the wardrobe, we told Tony 'Mr Fix It', the Guest Relation Manager, and it was fixed straight away - nothing is ever too much.
The breakfast in the morning is great, the staff are always very welcoming and after the first few days knew we needed a highchair in the morning and knew all of our names - they always make a 'bee line' for our little girl and she loves it. Plenty of variety on offer, thai food, cereal, cold fruit juice, bacon, egg station, baked beans, salad, cheeses/ham, plenty of fruit and pastries/cakes.
The pool is great - always clean and always full of adults and kids playing. Only disappointment is that the swim up bar isn't in use whilst we are here, not a problem though as the pool bar staff will deliver drinks to you in the pool. The first few days we struggled to get sunbeds but after telling Tony there haven't been any problems since.
Pool Bar staff are great - always laughing and joking with us and always know our order. Again they make such a fuss of the kids that are in our party which is really good. Food at the pool bar is good also.
There is a newly renovated kids park which our little girl loves also - a great addition to the hotel for some much needed time in the shade!
From experiences of many hotels worldwide on our travels this is the most friendly place we have ever stayed. We tend to find if you try and speak a little thai (ours is poor but appreciated that we make an effort) and make an effort with staff to be friendly that they respond in a positive manner; no matter where you are in the world.
This is a great family hotel and for the price, really good value for money. If you want a 5 or 6 star hotel - pay a lot more and stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 93 Rooms, located in the heart of Chaweng, set beside a sandy white beach. Accommodation is split between two wings; the Lake Wing is across the road from the beach with the Ocean Wing located by the beach. Rooms have air conditioning, TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Ocean Wing rooms have a private balcony. Swimming pools, kids' playground, exercise room, sauna, pool bar and restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Chaba Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaba Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Hotel Chaba Samui
- Chaba Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng