Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
US$95
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews ocean side ocean building chaweng beach pool area beach towels great holiday great beach lovely pool the main road hotel is situated bars and restaurants massage
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2019

On our arrival and when we checked in I was disappointed and felt robbed we were staying in the lake building no beautiful views and building itself was tried looking on the outside couldn’t fault cleanliness of the room was spotless and modern so I had no complaints there. I voiced my concerns and they offered a room on the ocean side at a higher cost or another room on the lake side with a better view that we could look at the next day after breakfast. We checked both rooms out, the ocean room had a balcony with garden views and the outside of the building was more modern inside was exactly the same as lake room, we had to decide whether paying THB 800 extra a day was worth the garden view when the rooms inside were exactly the same only difference was the balcony with garden views or no balcony with a little view of the lake. For us it was a no brainer we took the lake room at a lower cost and we were happy. Everything else the hotel had to offer still applied to all guests. They had 2 beautiful swimming pools with bars, a private beach front with comfortable seats and umbrellas, a bar and eatery on the beach plus a buffet breakfast and great location. Most staff were very friendly and welcoming. All up, it turned out to be an excellent place to stay.

Room tip: Would be great to have an iron and ironing board in room.
Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Tanya M
Reviewed 31 August 2019

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Chuba. The resort is family friendly accommodation accommodating people from all around the world. Everyone is happy and friendly.

The rooms were a bit small but we had a king size bed and a single foldout with a little lounge. He room was spotlessly clean and the linen was fresh and white with lovely fluffy towels.

The hotel is central to the shops, markets and nightlife.

Great outdoor massages looking out to the sea from10am to 5pm and happy hour twice a day.

The staff are incredibly friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

We were sad to leave and will definitely come again.

Room tip: Get a family room if you have more than 3 people. It’s quieter towards the beach end of the hotel.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 August 2019

I booked for 3 nights and what a mistake that was.
I have stayed in many hotels in Samui from budget to high end. This was the worst I have ever stayed.

The pool, massage and beach area are all nice - but that where it ends. And even if you are not staying at hotel can still use pool, beach and massage.
So don’t waste money on a bad room here.

I booked a lakeside room. Photos showed a nice room with mountain and lake view. This was not reality. Room was small and view was only at another dirty building (see photos).
The hotel is so old and only good thing is the house keeping ladies who do there best.
My room had a problem with ants . Reception did not care so I had to just spray it and then wait a few hours before ants returned and in the bed too!!

The hotel if for 1000 baht ($30 US) it may be acceptable. But it is way over priced. Better to stay in a nicer cheaper place and can still use the pool and beach at chaba anyway - just buy a drink.
I am now staying In a 600baht room near chaba and it is better and can still use most hotels pools that are located on beach.

The hotel will also try charge if you bring a friend back to room. Big scam and fake photos.
Don’t be fooled and avoid this place

Trip type: Travelled solo
ChabaGroup, Manager at Chaba Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2019

Dear Khun Siripa15

Thank you for your time and feedback to our resort.

First of all, As for the hotel policy, we do not allow to bring the outside food to guest rooms since we are strongly concern for the hygiene consequently to avoid insects , ants etc.

Furthermore, unfortunately that we are unable to provide the best view from the fitness room as your photo given in the review.

According to the hotel policy, we stated clearly that conditions under which a registered hotel guest can invite an unregistered (joiner) guest to stay in guest room and there is a charge apply.

Again, we would like to thank you for your time sharing the experience

Best Regards,
Chaba Samui Resort

Reviewed 20 August 2019

We loved our stay at Chaba and found the staff to be so helpful, location excellent and rooms very clean. The food was also highest standard. The resort catered for families and the staff had amazing memories with attention to detail.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2019

This hotel has two buildings. The one building is situated right on Chaweng beach and the other is across the road and called Lakeview. We stayed at the hotel right on the beach. The room was clean and very comfortable. The building and the gardens are well maintained. Breakfast was good. There are ladies by the pool deck that offer message and a lovely poolside bar and restaurant. The staff were very polite and helpful. The manageress Cathy must be singled out for the excellent service that she provided us. The only issue that I had with this hotel is that they have a huge sign that says you must not touch the cats as they spread viruses. I touched all the cats and strangely enough did not get sick at all. There were two males, a black female and about 5 kittens on the property. As per usual in Thailand everyone turns a blind eye. Why can't the owners of the hotel have the cats sterilized and then the problem would be solved and they could live there peacefully. When I spoke to one of the staff to find out what would happen to the kittiens, she said the owner wants to drop them at a temple. This is the reason I will never return to this hotel. It still bothers me one month after my return home.

Date of stay: July 2019