Due to illness we arrived a day late at the hotel. We understand that we would not get refunded for the day that we missed which is quite normal since we only called the night before. What I did not like is that we asked the hotel to stay and extra 4 days but we wanted the same rate as we had normally paid and they could not do it even though we had paid for he first night and were not able to make it and also the fact that it was not peak season and they were not full. We stayed in bungalow 505. The bungalow is very small but the gardens are spectacular. All in all i found the room quite pricey fr what we got elsewhere gravelling through thailand for ovr 5 weeks. The only problem with the gardens is that they water and they water and they water which creates a gorgeous garden but at the same time the room was extremely muggy. We were unable to dry anything for 4 days. The air conditioning is situated on top of rom I believe and it brought all the dampness in the room. Very hard on asthma. I swear to you everything in our suitcases was damp. Nothing ever dried. We ate other places as they said we had a discount but again we found everything quite pricey.
The buffet is great but the coffee is horrible like most places in Thailand. You can get a cappuccino in the restaurant for 150 baht which I thought was very pricy. The staff works really really hard and long long hours.
Location is great. Great beach and pool and a hop and a skip to chaweng street which is full of life.
All in all hotel was overpriced but ok. Not very accommodating room wise and we ended moving due to their non flexibility to a hotel call Baan Chaweng to our own private beach villa right on the ocean with living room jacuzzi tub and huge bedroom for one 25.00 more. Bungalow 505.
We checked out their regular bungalows also and they are twice as big for less money. Te grounds at not as nice but when you are situated right on the beach who needs a big pool when you have such a gorgeous ocean.
If the hotel would have agreed to us staying there for an extra 4 nights at the original price we would of probably stayed but thanks to them we ended up finding something bigger and better for more reasonable price.
One other thing that made us feel uncomfortable was the we got noticed during the afternoon the previous day to make sure tht we were leaving by noon. As soon as we called the bell boy to get out bags two staffs were standing in front of our bungalow to get in and clean it. Our bags were not even picked up yet and we were not even out of our room. It was only 10am in the morning and we felt like we were being pushed out for the room. My advice to he hotel is wait for the guests to be at least out of their room before you have two staff waiting to get in. It is rude and not proper etiquette. If it would of been noon then we would of understood. But 10am, it was unecessary. We were actually happy that we were leaving the hotel after that instance.
I have not written many complaint issues in the past 12 hotels that we have stayed in but this one deserved a bit of a wake up call,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your own paradise, enveloped in breezy elegance and shaded by majestic coconut trees. Enjoy a taste of tropical living, bask among blooming native flowers and sweeping ocean views and delight in an idyllic holiday of relaxation and pampering. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, where impeccable service and luxury accommodation await, offering a refuge to promote health and wellness with palate-pleasing experiences.This is the place to relax. There is nothing to disturb the blissful tranquility of Samui. This is a place to explore. There is much to see and do, but only at a pace you set yourself. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is a stunning beach front resort, situated on the famous Chaweng beach on Koh Samui. Conveniently located only a short walk away from the vibrant excitement of Chaweng with its many entertainment spots, restaurants and shopping centers, our resort offers the very best location to suit all tastes. Whether you want to get away from it all and relax in our tranquil surroundings or shop till you drop, Chaweng Regent Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Chaweng Regent Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Regent Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Regent Koh Samui
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Ko Samui