On arrival we were told there was no room for us at the resort (even after paying up front some 4 months ago). We were sent to their "sister resort" called Melati at Tongsai Bay for the first few nights. We were upgraded into royal suites on our return to Chaweng Regent and they were great rooms. However the mosquitoes were everywhere - even when they sprayed the room you were still eaten at night in bed. Apart from that (and the toilet that kept blocking) the place was really good.
The towels on the pool chairs early in the morning happens everywhere - so if you can't beat them join them! If you let the chair go later in the day you cannot necessarily get one when you want one. So once you get the chair - keep it!
The resort is right in the middle of everything - Chaweng is a really busy beach. Dont go here if you want a nice secluded holiday.
You are not troubled by the noise of the main street at all - only the fireworks going off at all hours of the night on the beach (and some noise from local beach bars). Nothing to worry about too much though.
We were sorry we did not eat in Red Snapper - instead we ate in the other restaurant on the beach. It was okay but we had much better meals at other places.
All in all it was a good holiday - but I think we did prefer Melati Resort even though it was more isolated away from everything. It was good to experience both resorts so it all worked out for the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your own paradise, enveloped in breezy elegance and shaded by majestic coconut trees. Enjoy a taste of tropical living, bask among blooming native flowers and sweeping ocean views and delight in an idyllic holiday of relaxation and pampering. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, where impeccable service and luxury accommodation await, offering a refuge to promote health and wellness with palate-pleasing experiences.This is the place to relax. There is nothing to disturb the blissful tranquility of Samui. This is a place to explore. There is much to see and do, but only at a pace you set yourself. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is a stunning beach front resort, situated on the famous Chaweng beach on Koh Samui. Conveniently located only a short walk away from the vibrant excitement of Chaweng with its many entertainment spots, restaurants and shopping centers, our resort offers the very best location to suit all tastes. Whether you want to get away from it all and relax in our tranquil surroundings or shop till you drop, Chaweng Regent Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Chaweng Regent Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Regent Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Regent Koh Samui
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Ko Samui