When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted kindly and shown to our room.
We had chosen and paid for a deluxe villa. What we were given was a room in a long outdoor corridor which had a permanent laundry and cleaning cart parked outside of it and a horrid sewerage smell which seemed to be there 24hrs a day. The room itself had mould in the bathroom, NO fly wire on the windows or on the doors (ridiculous for an area like Koh Samui where the mosquitoes are rampant) and it had a general musty smell.
For a 4 star hotel I believe this is way under standard and more like a local 1 star motel!
We decided that due to the reasons above and the staff not offering another room when we asked that we would leave Koh Samui early and head to Bangkok. We spoke with the transfer company who were brilliant in assisting us with amending flight times and transfer times. Once we had this done we approached reception at the Chaweng Regent to advise we would be leaving 3 days early. The response I received from the receptionist was that we would have to pay for an additional nights accommodation as that is what the policy was!
I asked how could we possibly be charged an extra night when we were leaving 3 days early and not asking for any refund. I asked to speak to the manager and to be shown a copy of this policy as I had certainly not been advised of it, the receptionist disappeared for 30 minutes while I waited. After sitting there for 40 minutes and no one assisting me I asked again, the other receptionist advised me to go to my room and that the manager would come and see me.
By 9pm that evening NO one had come to see me. I went back to reception and spoke to the same receptionist who simply repeated the policy with no explanation as to why the manager had not responded.
I asked to speak to the manager again and was told they had gone for the day. Another receptionist came to speak to me and repeated the policy. I again asked to see a copy of this policy and she told me that she couldn't show me as it was a policy between the hotel and the travel agency who booked my trip. She said that my travel agent should have told me about this policy and that we had to pay.
I said I refuse to pay for something you cannot show me and that is supposedly a contract between travel agent and the hotel. She said she would speak to the manager and get back to me.
The next morning I went to reception and was given a letter which was pre written. The letter was for us to sign and it said something along the lines of "we will not charge you the additional night if you do not complain to your travel agent"
This is a revolting abuse of power and I am appalled at the poor treatment we received at this hotel.
Our flight to Bangkok was in the afternoon on our 3rd day there and when we checked out we were charged a half day fee to stay in the room until 2pm. We paid this as we were so over dealing with the hotel staff we just wanted to leave.
Never again will I stay at this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your own paradise, enveloped in breezy elegance and shaded by majestic coconut trees. Enjoy a taste of tropical living, bask among blooming native flowers and sweeping ocean views and delight in an idyllic holiday of relaxation and pampering. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, where impeccable service and luxury accommodation await, offering a refuge to promote health and wellness with palate-pleasing experiences.This is the place to relax. There is nothing to disturb the blissful tranquility of Samui. This is a place to explore. There is much to see and do, but only at a pace you set yourself. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is a stunning beach front resort, situated on the famous Chaweng beach on Koh Samui. Conveniently located only a short walk away from the vibrant excitement of Chaweng with its many entertainment spots, restaurants and shopping centers, our resort offers the very best location to suit all tastes. Whether you want to get away from it all and relax in our tranquil surroundings or shop till you drop, Chaweng Regent Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Chaweng Regent Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Regent Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Regent Koh Samui
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Ko Samui