We stayed at this hotel at the end of February and first week of March. We took the Royal Suite which includes a large room of a king size bed, an additional room with 2 more beds and a large bathroom. The room is equipped with two plasma screens and two DVDs. The royal suite rooms are located between 10-30 meters from the beach which is another advantage of taking the royal suite. Chaweng beach is 2 miles long, the hotel is located in the perfect spot on the beach, it is close to the center but still far enough from the center of Chaweng beach is over crowded and noisy (the hotels in the center will play loud music on the beach all day). Another important advantage is that in this part of the beach, there is a natural reef 60 meters from the shore that creates a nice protected lagoon which the noisy (and dangerous) Jet skis don't come into, this creates a peaceful environment for kids. The Hotel service was wonderful, the stuff was friendly and eager to help. The hotel has two restaurants, the Red Snapper and the Chomtaley, Although the Red Snapper is the one that is being promoted as one of the best resturants in Chaweng, we thought that the Chomtaley was much better and we had most of our lunches/dinners there, the food (both the Thai and the international) was fantastic! Beside that, Chaweng offers a good variety of various restaurants and bars right out of of the hotel on the main road (look at Prego and Rice for Italian food).
What we liked less? To be honest not a lot and we wouldn't mention that at all unless this is one of the writing a review guidelines... so if we are going to be really picky: The fact that fireworks are shot from the beach up to 1AM, it creates a terrible "booms" that really hurt the night sleep (note that this is all over Chaweng beach and not related to the hotel itself...) The room is suffering from low pressure in the shower and sometimes the hot water are gone for a few minutes - not too bad but slightly disturbing. The internet WIFI is extremely expensive, costs about $10 US for 3 hours... We expect it to be either free or at least adjust the price, paying these charges for internet gave us a feeling of a rip off, so if you need to be connected to the net during your vacation, take that into consideration. The bottom line is that we had very pleasant experience, we will return to this same location and recommend this hotel to our friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your own paradise, enveloped in breezy elegance and shaded by majestic coconut trees. Enjoy a taste of tropical living, bask among blooming native flowers and sweeping ocean views and delight in an idyllic holiday of relaxation and pampering. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, where impeccable service and luxury accommodation await, offering a refuge to promote health and wellness with palate-pleasing experiences.This is the place to relax. There is nothing to disturb the blissful tranquility of Samui. This is a place to explore. There is much to see and do, but only at a pace you set yourself. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is a stunning beach front resort, situated on the famous Chaweng beach on Koh Samui. Conveniently located only a short walk away from the vibrant excitement of Chaweng with its many entertainment spots, restaurants and shopping centers, our resort offers the very best location to suit all tastes. Whether you want to get away from it all and relax in our tranquil surroundings or shop till you drop, Chaweng Regent Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chaweng Regent Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Regent Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Regent Koh Samui
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Ko Samui