Jan 2012...This is our 3rd stop in Chaweng Ko Samui ( Having stayed at both Nora Buri 4*and Chaweng Regent 4*over xmas and new year 2012).. From the moment we stepped into to reception, there was no hussle and buzzle or waiting around. Just a lovely relaxed welcome from reception staff and suprisingly from the general manager, who welcomed us and said any issues we could speak to him directly. Compared to what we paid in the other hotels, i wish i had stayed here for the whole of our duration. Much more personal than the other hotels. Good Points... fab location, right on a lovely beach, what was nice was that as soon as we game down to pool beach area for breakfast.. the gentleman working the beach area as we if we like sunbeds on the beach after breakfast... he set up our sunbeds, table and umbrella with towels and provided us with cold water, i thought this was a lovely personal touch, (unlike the chaweng regent where we had to look for vacant beds and collect them so that we could sit together, there were never any, so on many occasions we sat on chairs by the pool, and you had to pay through the nose for a small bottle of water, in comparison to Thai charges). The restaurant staff, in fact all the staff at Poppies were really lovely... because of the size of the hotel you get to know the staff personally, June our housekeeper was lovely and very helpful for anything we asked. The rooms were nice, but a little dark, but I suppose its traditional thai
furnishings, however, no other complaints.. complimentary water, newspaper, cakes and fruit and WiFi were the other nice personal touches, these little things go along way.... ( no penny pinching here).
The restaurant...well what can i say, the best food and service we had during our whole stay at Koh Samui...Breakfast was not buffet style like the other hotels we stayed in and if you decided to lay in one morning, they served you breakfast until 12 noon, Not 10/10.30am like other hotels. Breakfast again was very personal, it was ordered and cooked fresh and you could order almost anything you wanted, this was included in the room price. Menu and Food for Evening meals were just fab.... and good value for money.
Not so good points... a little away from the chaweng night life... but thats what we enjoyed about this. If you want a quiet location this is the place, as you can still get to the hussle and bussle of chaweng nightlife in 5 mins by taxi, or 15 min walk.
Would definately stay here again and recommend this for couples and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tiny magical oasis of tropical enchantment, Poppies Samui lies on a pristine white sandy beach in the Gulf of Siam. Located at the south end of renowned Chaweng beach, well away from the hustle and bustle of the main resort area, Poppies has earned its reputation, since opening in 1994, as Koh Samui's most exclusive boutique hideaway. In addition to offering the same idyllic style and charm as its famous namesake and sister hotel Poppies Bali, Poppies Samui offers its guests exceptionally high standards of friendly service and attention to detail in a perfect location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelbag and Ebookers so you can book your Poppies Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poppies Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Poppies Samui Koh
- Poppies Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng