“Only restaurant”

Ranked #55 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Surat Thani, Thailand
“Only restaurant”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We visited Chaweng mid-April. We are a Thai family and had relatives visiting from Canada and wanted to take them to eat somewhere on the beach. The staff did not look like they were happy to see us when we arrived and ignored us. I walked over and got menus and brought them over to the table. Our guest ordered a beer and we all ordered fruit shakes. The shakes were all finished by the time the second staff member got around to bringing him his beer. We asked for any specials and the staff pointed to a poster at the other end of the dining room and said it was all listed on there. We ordered our food, I ordered a chicken burger. When my burger came it was a hamburger. I told the waitress that I don't think it is chicken and she insisted that it was and got very upset with me. She told me it was a chicken burger so I gave her the benefit if the doubt, thinking it may have just been over cooked. I took a bite and it was indeed a hamburger. I sent it back and said that I don't eat beef and if they aren't willing to make me a chicken burger I will just stick with my shake order and do without a meal. Nobody brought me a chicken burger in the end and when the bill came they included it in the bill. "I didn't eat a chicken burger, why am I being charged?" "You took a bite of it" "I took a bite of a hamburger, but I sent it back" "you have to
Pay for it" "I'm sorry but I don't think I should have to pay for it." "Fine, we'll take it off" she brings back the change for the bill and it was 150 baht less than it should be (the cost of a chicken burger) "excuse me, the change should be 330" "no, it's right" etc... Goes on like this a never ending battle and nobody in the restaurant making an effort to come over and help fix the problem. We will never take guests to eat here again, very disappointed with the lack of customer service and the way they spoke to their customers.

Stayed April 2014
5 Thank XRentals

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Vaasa, Finland
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Loved: beautiful garden, spacious bungalow and terrace, lovely and helpful staff at reception, great housekeeping, lovely and quiet beach (when it's not windy), foot showers, the pool

Didn't love: really hard beds, beach was dirty when windy (and nobody cleaned the rubbish for days), staff at the restaurant was rude (can't believe it in Thailand!), breakfast was very simple compared to other resorts we've visited, many many many steps (difficult with a baby)

Overall we recommend this resort for families with children.

Room Tip: A beach view is worth it, so get a bungalow from the first three rows.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Fantastic rooms, service, spa, and food. I can't wait to go back to this place. We stayed 9 days and my wife and I had 7 massages in the spa, I recommend 'Rat' as she goes by, amazing hands. The food was superb, Thai all the way. Great snorkeling right out your door and a great pool. Close walk to town for shopping and restaurants- yet far enough away to not hear the noise of town or see the crazies on scooters embarrassing us Westerners.

Room Tip: Bungalow by the beach is best.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank toddleslie
Phuket
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Located at the northernmost part of Chaweng, the location is absolutely perfect -- right on the beach, but secluded enough that it's not a zoo like so much of Chaweng. The rooms are basically chalets with just the right amount of rustic feeling so that you know you are in Thailand. The rooms are quite well appointed, with great beds, furniture, and bathrooms. The common areas of the hotel are very good as well, with a lovely pool, good restaurants, a fantastic spa, and an absolutely excellent beach.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

In our 4th consecutive year we stayed in this wonderful place. Compared to many 'poshy' other newer place on the island, this places offers guest the exclusive feel of staying in a botanical garden. The huts are not as brand new but have a lot of room, high standard and fit in the hotels park.
The staff is really friendly and helpful. Whether to taste a papaya salat or dishes from their own coconut trees at the own beach. This hotel offer exquisite services at reasonable prices.
Whether you are traveling as a family or couple or with friends every one will find his rest here. The party and touristic main spot is only 8 min. By taxi.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ole S
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Great location for backpacking, good accomodation, decent restaurant and cheap food! Lots of parties and fun people to be around - would recommend to anyone on a budget or who loves fun (don't expect too much sleep . . .)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vincent M
Israel
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Wh have stayed for 6 nights(September 20th till 26th) in Premium Deluxe Family room.
Forget about the photos you see on the Internet sites this place is Haven. Thailand like it should be, like it used to be. Original Tahi decoration and design, a beautiful garden with a spectacular view to an amazing beach. Great service, good food, 8min taxi from Chaweng beach(which I personally can't stand) a great vacation with three kids(13,8,4). This is a place that keep the Tahi spirit and is not competing in the disgusting race between hotels in Koh Samui to become more bombastic then the other. After three weeks in Thailands definitely the best place we have been definitely not the best island.

• Stayed September 2013