I have really tried to give a balance opinion on Seascape however from my experience I will advise any holiday maker or traveller not to stay at this hotel! My main issue is the staff . They are unbelievably rude especially the owner and the main hotel manager. They're only happy when you pay more and more! On one occasion they packed up everything around us while we were enjoying our dinner- turning off the music and the lights at 9.30pm. Staff made us feel like we had to tip them for everything whether they deserved it or not. In our 3 day stay we spent 1000 tbht tipping the undeserving and rude staff. The European owner peacocks around half dressed at every opportunity like royalty while his staff wait on his every beck and call! Its inappropriate and frankly revolting to witness.Room facilities are very average.. expect to pay expensive rates for dark and dingy rooms that provide very little comfort. Unfortunately the water did run out so you can not flush the loo. This is expected being an island and we can not fault the hotel for this. However this hotel is not environmentally responsible when it comes to disposing of rubbish- happily allowing rubbish from the hotel bins to litter the beautiful beach- even flowing into the sea. I was embarrassed to be a guest at this hotel & found it disappointing because other hotels along this stretch were clean and tidy. I travelled the whole of Thailand and stayed in some lovely (be it basic) places but Seascape was one of the most expensive and not worth the money. I think the owner thinks it some kind of 5 star hotel?? Whilst staying, 6 guests including 2 children suffered from ear infections from the dirty pool water and ended up being in severe pain and discomfort. This is unfortunate- but when they asked the staff about it, the manager and owner in particular were rude and unsympathetic and basically told them to leave if they had a problem- which they promptly did. It really made us almost regret staying in Koh Samui. However all the locals were so friendly so we really couldn't be too put off by the island.
The coast is stunning however be warned the stretch of water in Chaweng that the hotel is on has nematocysts in the water (microscopic jellyfish) so you also can't swim in the beautiful sea water without being stung. Its very uncomfortable especially at night when the stings become itchy. However this would also be a problem if you are staying in any of the hotels along Central Chaweng not just Seascape.
If you choose to stay at Seascape , you will basically pay a high price for landscaped gardens and a maid (to close your curtains to keep the room cool) with the added misfortune of sitting by a tiny pool that is never cleaned. I've never stayed in a hotel that was so terrible. Of course experience this place if you really are desperate. However there are plenty of hotels along the Chaweng stretch that I'm sure will offer you better amenities for the same price, saving you from donating your money to funding the luxurious lifestyle of the pompous owner who cares little for the beautiful island!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawadee! Welcome to Seascape Beach Resort, one of Koh Samui's finest "Sea Escapes." Nestled on the beautiful South Chaweng Beach, renowned for it's powdery- white sand, crystal clear waters and stunning ocean views. Seascape Beach Resort combines traditional Thai culture with modern Western comforts: inclusive of free WiFi, A/C, satellite TV, swimming pool and many other amenities, such as tour desk, beach massage and ocean view dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Seascape Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seascape Beach Hotel Koh Samui
- Seascape Beach Koh Samui
- Seascape Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng