Seascape Beach Resort
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$114
OZOHotels.com
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$171
Agoda.com
Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$84
Agoda.com
Muang Samui Spa Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$247
  • Breakfast included
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$74
Trip.com
  • Pool
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$138
Amari.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$171
  • Pool
Buri Rasa Village Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$243
Nora Beach Resort and Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$142
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$144
Agoda.com
All reviewschaweng beachair conmassage servicestaff was very friendly and helpfulincluded breakfastnice beachhotel is situatedstayed here for a weekwi fimain areayour doorstepbeach frontpadlockbahtscooter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Friends and I had just stayed in what should be the worst hotel on the planet in Koh Phangan, so we decided to cut our stay there short and come back to Koh Samui.

We were helped by a very friendly lady at BB's tourist shop to Seascape Beach Resort when most rooms were booked out following New Years Eve.

When we arrived to Seascape Beach, we were greeted by friendly and helpful staff who showed us the rooms before purchasing. We were very pleased with the rooms. They were spacious and clean, so spacious in fact that you could fit three single beds into one room with ease.

The beds were comfortable as well as the linen clean. The cleaning staff were prompt and professional. Nothing was taken from our rooms, and they even collected our coins and cash and placed into a small jar on the desk (we left this as a courtesy gift for the staff).

Our room was close to the street yet there was only one instance where noise from the street kept me up. However this was short lived and I was asleep in their very comfortable beds once again

I only made breakfast once and it was okay. It had both a thai and western selection. From memory the hard boiled eggs were overcooked. The staff here were moderate in attitude. I never dined in the restaurant for anything else.

I'm not sure if the massage parlour below the hotel is part of the same umbrella company but the staff there were very polite and friendly, and gave a superb massage service. I had very few knots left over after the service and felt very relaxed and refreshed.

I did not use the pool and while it looked a little small, it looked clean.

The beach front of the resort is amazing.

The location of the resort is a little far from the central Chaweng area where you'll find Ark Bar and the likes but it's a short 50baht taxi away.

This resort left me with such a great feel good attitude towards Samui and Chaweng beach that while I may not return to Seascape Hotel only because I'd like to see somewhere different, but I'll definitely return to Samui again if I can.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cain V
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Instead of one of the bungalows I stayed at a room upstairs and was pleasantly surprised: Spacious, bright, quiet, with a balcony overlooking the compound. Chose it b/c of a low season promotion sign board outside and maybe got a suite. Almost totally silent AC, TV, fridge with water (free). Room was clean and room service staff courteous. Didn't mind the few tiny little ants on dustbin, as I prefer them to the use of pesticides inside my bedroom. There are padlocks for valuables and they let me use their kettle in the room, but found this out myself, as the reception staff seems a bit tourism-tired.
The pool is small, but that makes sense: The ocean is just next to it. Ventured out, so never ate at their restaurant. The neighboring upscale hotel had a less maintained beachfront.
Just make sure not to take a room towards Chaweng 'party' road!

Room Tip: If booking a room (not a bungalow): Make sure it is far away from Chaweng Beach Rd., preferably 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Hereandsnow
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This place is a dive!! I was greeted by miserable faces, I requested a quiet room and they put me near the road which was noisy from cars all say and night. When I asked to change room she sd no more available. I asked cleaner and she showed me others were free. When I went to tell them this on reception she told me I had to pay more money for another one! Awful customer service!! There were several trails of ants and tiny flies in my room. Asked for money back not possible!! From then on one particular staff was throwing me dirty looks and scowling everything she saw me. I had mascara and hairspray stolen. When I tried to buy some more it's nearly impossible to find so now I know why stolen!! I only stayed 2 days cldnt wait to leave!!

• Stayed: October 2013
8  Thank Ajminx
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The resort is in the courtyard of the hotel. We had a standard bungalow near the bar and beach. The room was cleaned every day, included free water. The resort has a swimmingpool. It was cleaned every morning. Via a little staircase you go to the beach with clear water and a very clean sand. Food was served in the bar during the day, in the evening you could have dinner at the beach. Taste the red curry!
If you want to book a tour or having a cooking course go to the reception, the friendly staff will help you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Frost4
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have really tried to give a balance opinion on Seascape however from my experience I will advise any holiday maker or traveller not to stay at this hotel! My main issue is the staff . They are unbelievably rude especially the owner and the main hotel manager. They're only happy when you pay more and more! On one occasion they packed up everything around us while we were enjoying our dinner- turning off the music and the lights at 9.30pm. Staff made us feel like we had to tip them for everything whether they deserved it or not. In our 3 day stay we spent 1000 tbht tipping the undeserving and rude staff. The European owner peacocks around half dressed at every opportunity like royalty while his staff wait on his every beck and call! Its inappropriate and frankly revolting to witness.Room facilities are very average.. expect to pay expensive rates for dark and dingy rooms that provide very little comfort. Unfortunately the water did run out so you can not flush the loo. This is expected being an island and we can not fault the hotel for this. However this hotel is not environmentally responsible when it comes to disposing of rubbish- happily allowing rubbish from the hotel bins to litter the beautiful beach- even flowing into the sea. I was embarrassed to be a guest at this hotel & found it disappointing because other hotels along this stretch were clean and tidy. I travelled the whole of Thailand and stayed in some lovely (be it basic) places but Seascape was one of the most expensive and not worth the money. I think the owner thinks it some kind of 5 star hotel?? Whilst staying, 6 guests including 2 children suffered from ear infections from the dirty pool water and ended up being in severe pain and discomfort. This is unfortunate- but when they asked the staff about it, the manager and owner in particular were rude and unsympathetic and basically told them to leave if they had a problem- which they promptly did. It really made us almost regret staying in Koh Samui. However all the locals were so friendly so we really couldn't be too put off by the island.
The coast is stunning however be warned the stretch of water in Chaweng that the hotel is on has nematocysts in the water (microscopic jellyfish) so you also can't swim in the beautiful sea water without being stung. Its very uncomfortable especially at night when the stings become itchy. However this would also be a problem if you are staying in any of the hotels along Central Chaweng not just Seascape.
If you choose to stay at Seascape , you will basically pay a high price for landscaped gardens and a maid (to close your curtains to keep the room cool) with the added misfortune of sitting by a tiny pool that is never cleaned. I've never stayed in a hotel that was so terrible. Of course experience this place if you really are desperate. However there are plenty of hotels along the Chaweng stretch that I'm sure will offer you better amenities for the same price, saving you from donating your money to funding the luxurious lifestyle of the pompous owner who cares little for the beautiful island!!

• Stayed: September 2013