“Outstanding”

Ranked #14 of 189 Restaurants in Chaweng
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: No fuss. No fancy terms. No pretension. The Larder takes things back to basics, serving up rustic casual dining and cocktails with a twist. Offering up modern British and International cuisine with a mix of comfort food and classics that have been revived, remixed and reinvigorated by merging modern cooking methods and techniques alongside cocktails that have been deconstructed into new liquid magic.
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The food at The Larder was exquisite. We felt like we were in a top restaurant back home In Australia. We never though we would find a place like this in Samui. It's pricey for Thailand but do yourself a favour & splurge, you won't be disappointed.
The salmon with quail eggs is to die for.

There are newer reviews for The Larder

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Simply outstanding.

Amazing cocktails and even more amazing food. (The peanut butter martini is to die for)

The scotch egg to start is brilliance, I then had the wagyu beef which was perfect whilst my partner had the seabass which looked equally as good.

The service is on point, swift and friendly yet not over powering.

We spoke to the owner at the end to thank him and to book again.

Our favourite food in samui by a mile.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We ate here twice as we enjoyed the whole experience so much the first time. I have seen some negative reviews and think that they must have eaten at a different restaurant! The staff were really friendly and welcomed us back the second time which was a nice touch to be remembered. The decor is quite contemporary and modern with great air conditioning. The menu is varied and the food is delicious! I have eaten at some top London restaurants and I personally would say that this is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in! I only have one very minor observation and that is that the specials should be written down separately so that you don't have to go looking for the specials board, especially if sitting outside. Overall, well done to the chef and his lovely staff!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had a great meal, especially main course scallops and tuna tacos. Wine list extensive but overpriced and unfortunately had 2 noisy toddlers, disturbing our romantic dinner. This is happening more and more frequently and we do not know how to vote with our feet, since every second meal is ruined by inconsiderate parents, who bring misbehaving children to fine dining establishments.PLEASE TRIP ADVISOR IF YOU COULD ADD AN ICON FOR MEALS RUINED BY CHILDREN AND AN ICON FOR PUNISHING WINE PRICES!

1  Thank Tania d
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I went to the Larder on our last night in Koh Samui. We chose it from the reviews on tripadvisor and had a very enjoyable evening. The restaurant is not in the greatest location, we actually got a taxi into Chaweng Beach first and then after a stroll around had to get a taxi back out to the restaurant so make sure you are armed with the address/location before you travel as you cant walk from Chaweng main drag.Food was excellent, ambiance and service both very pleasant and I would highly recommend it to all