“Want a Shirt made, read on to see why you should go here”
Review of Don Mastertailor

Don Mastertailor
Ranked #6 of 22 Shopping in Chaweng
Chester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Want a Shirt made, read on to see why you should go here”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

When I was looking for a shirt made I asked a male at the hotel and I was told to go to and see DON at the MASTER TAILORS. His reason, he was Thail and he is the best. So who was I to disagree. I phoned the shop, they sent a driver and collected me from my hotel.

The staff were very friendly and the choice of cloth was extensive. I explain what I was after and we went around the shop looking at different materials. However as I have a number of shirts made here in the UK I like my shirts to be slightly different to those you can buy off the shelf.
So I chose my buttons, had different cuts, different material/patterns to be placed on the shirts along with my initials to be added.
I ordered 5 shirts from dress shirts with double cuffs to casual summer short sleeve shirts.

I was told that I the following day they would come to my hotel and try a 'fitting' for two of my shirts to see if they would be ok - sure enough the tailor turned up and the shirt fitted perfectly.

So the following day I arranged to go to the store to collect the others - they did say that they would drop them off but I was passing - again I was picked up and taken to the store. The 5 shirts were great and just what I asked for. So much so I bought another two - to be made and finished for the following day -so I had 7 shirts all made adjusted and perfect in everyway in LESS then 48hrs

I bought all these shirts for what I would 3 for back in the UK in 2 days in which would take me 4 wks for 1 to wait for. Amazing.

So why should you go here apart from the above.....Well out of all the tailors in koh Samui and Chaweng, and believe me there are a few. I have had it on a good report that there is only one factory on the island that makes clothes and it works 24hrs a day and DON owns that factory. So now you also cut out the middle man and their middle price.

The difficult part of all of this is that the store is not on the main street and is around the back, so finding it will take a little hunting, but my advise, ring them and get them to come and get you. Do not let that put you off, need a shirt.....go to DON

I didn't by a suit because I didn't need one and getting it home without prior thinking would have been hard. Think before you leave home to leave space in your suitcase.

Visited March 2014