“Quality suits and great service!”
Review of Don Mastertailor

Don Mastertailor
Ranked #7 of 26 Shopping in Chaweng
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had 2 suits made from Don, both out of a top range cashmere wool material. I had 3 fittings for the pair of suits, and am extremely happy with them. A great pick up service, and the option to have the fittings done at your villa is great. The choice of fabrics is impressive,I will order more suits to be sent back to the UK over the next few months.

2  Thank James_knott2

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We have just come back from Koh Samui in Thailand, 6 of us, 2 adults and 4 children. The eldest son and I had the intention of coming to Thailand to have a couple of suits made. We did our research beforehand and discovered Don's. There are not as many reviews for Don's as one other tailor (I will not mention). We tried both, but Don's was definitely the best!

So from the 6 of us walking into Don's, it was a great experience for us all. It was my intention to come here, so I set about looking for the design and material I wanted. Our eldest son, was so impressed that he had another suit made for him at Dons (as well as the other place I mentioned).

In the end I had 2 suits, 2 extra pairs of trousers and five shirts. Our eldest son had 1 suit and 1 shirt. Such was the great service and wide range of different cloths / silks etc, my wife had 3 silk tops and a shot silk coat / dress made by Don as well. The experience was incredible. We asked for a copy of a coat which my wife adores and it came out so good, Red silk with black inside, hopefully Don will upload a picture of it for you to see!

Our daughter had an amazing dress made that my wife and her decided she would like made some day, well Don made it. She also had 2 waistcoats made which made our daughter very happy. Our other younger son had 2 trendy shirts made too!

The service was second to none and we too had the pick ups and drop offs which I have to say is a very nice touch. Don and his staff were very accommodating and pleasant too, our measurements have been retained should we need to place additional orders.

So if you are coming to Koh Samui and need some clothes made, this is definitely the place to visit!

Thanks again Don!

Jules, Jo and family

2  Thank JulesnJoA
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I had a suit made here with an extra pair of trousers. The fabrics offered are superb and I went for the best wool and cashmere material which cost £250 GBP in total. (1 jacket, 2 trousers)
I had three fittings in all and they come to your hotel to do these.
The fit was great but the reason I haven't given full marks is that a button has come off the rear pocket of one of the pairs of trousers after only being worn 3 times and the lining on the right hand sleeve of the jacket is difficult to get your arm through when putting the jacket on.

3  Thank MichaelJR
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Went to Don Mastertailor in april 2014 and had a great experience.

The hotel I stayed at recommended this place if I wanted a quality tailor. And they was not wrong.
Don has a large range of fabrics and offer different shirt patterns and weaving types. The service is impeccable and both Don and the assistant are very friendly.

I went for three shirts and one suit. The result was perfect.
Had 2 fittings were i could decide the fit, buttons, collar, etc.
They save your measurements for five years.

I will definitely use Don as my personal tailor in the future, and I would strongly recommend others to do the same.

2  Thank Mats M
Reviewed 22 March 2014

When I was looking for a shirt made I asked a male at the hotel and I was told to go to and see DON at the MASTER TAILORS. His reason, he was Thail and he is the best. So who was I to disagree. I phoned the shop, they sent a driver and collected me from my hotel.

The staff were very friendly and the choice of cloth was extensive. I explain what I was after and we went around the shop looking at different materials. However as I have a number of shirts made here in the UK I like my shirts to be slightly different to those you can buy off the shelf.
So I chose my buttons, had different cuts, different material/patterns to be placed on the shirts along with my initials to be added.
I ordered 5 shirts from dress shirts with double cuffs to casual summer short sleeve shirts.

I was told that I the following day they would come to my hotel and try a 'fitting' for two of my shirts to see if they would be ok - sure enough the tailor turned up and the shirt fitted perfectly.

So the following day I arranged to go to the store to collect the others - they did say that they would drop them off but I was passing - again I was picked up and taken to the store. The 5 shirts were great and just what I asked for. So much so I bought another two - to be made and finished for the following day -so I had 7 shirts all made adjusted and perfect in everyway in LESS then 48hrs

I bought all these shirts for what I would 3 for back in the UK in 2 days in which would take me 4 wks for 1 to wait for. Amazing.

So why should you go here apart from the above.....Well out of all the tailors in koh Samui and Chaweng, and believe me there are a few. I have had it on a good report that there is only one factory on the island that makes clothes and it works 24hrs a day and DON owns that factory. So now you also cut out the middle man and their middle price.

The difficult part of all of this is that the store is not on the main street and is around the back, so finding it will take a little hunting, but my advise, ring them and get them to come and get you. Do not let that put you off, need a shirt.....go to DON

I didn't by a suit because I didn't need one and getting it home without prior thinking would have been hard. Think before you leave home to leave space in your suitcase.

3  Thank 35sideburns86