“I loved the welcome wormth of the staff”

Samui Bayview Resort & Spa
Ranked #56 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
MALTA
“I loved the welcome wormth of the staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Hotel was nice and we had a spectacular view from our room. Food was all delicious at the hotel, but breakfast wasn't so special. I think they should improve more.
But what I love most was the wormth welcome of the staff.
I got injured during an excursion in Chiang Mai. During my stay at Koh Samui I had to rush to hospital since I couldn't manage the pain. The staff took me to hospital and brought me back without any extra cost.
Since I couldn't walk, due to the injury, they also offered to drive me to the beach any time a wanted even outside their usual trips. I really appreciated it as if it wasn't for them we couldn't have enjoyed our trip to Koh Samui.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are breathtaking, clean and with A/C
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank STM682
Mngsamuibayview, Owner at Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for your kind compliments, we will keep up our service. Regarding your kind comment we will improve our breakfast. We hope to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Thai first
norwich norfolk gt britain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

i was amazed on how step the entrance was, its almost vertical,i could walk out or in they supply a van driver to take you to the beach but had to ask him several times to get taken,they put me in a very small room every thing was really old the safe broke and icould,nt get my money and it took a man one hour to get open then i decided to change rooms paid extra the sink was cracked right acrossed the pattio door was broken the door would not lock propably and everything was old the pool did not look heathy the gym was really 30 years past its sell by,it was probly good 30 years ago and there where steps everywhere you really needed to be careful,its big place but there was one couple and their son there and me i ate one evening meal there it was o.k nothing special but for thailand very expensive

Room Tip: sea view rooms are better
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cool12day
, Owner at Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time for the kind review. I do apologize for the inconvenience issue that you may cause. We will use your kind comments to improve our property and service. Our resort is situated and built on the hill. We tried to conserve the nature by not destroyed the rock and the steep of the hill. Thus, our resort has to have many stairs and it might not convenience for some guests. I hope for your kind understanding.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

We was so surprise when we arrival hotel about 9am, we get free early check in. (Room available in this low season, so not much tourist).
It's was very good value for money staying this hotel. We stayed one nights at this hotel and it locate at the southern hills part of Chaweng. We booked a deluxe seaview room, private balcony with amazing ocean view. In room WIFI faster speed.
Hotel come with 4 swimming pools, massage & spa, fitness room, sauna & steam room.
Room - clean, spacious room with SMALL bathroom.
Staff - polite and helpful
Food - breakfast was OK and not much variety, price abit expensive
this hotel is far from the action center of chaweng, need to rent a motorbike.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lai_cy
, Owner at Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. Your compliments are the great support to us and we hope to seeing you again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

Apr 2012 .. 3 nites .. the hotel sits on a hill & is kinda far from anyway but with great views whether it's from your room balcony (seafront) or the 3 infinity pools. Daily breakfast is nothing to shout about, personal portion. It was low season when i was there, so it was really quiet. Pools were not too clean. The air-cond in my room works fine during the day but somehow breaks down in the middle of the night, and goes back to normal the next day & then doesn't work at nite. Free shuttle to its sister hotel at Lamai beach is the ultimate perk, nice location & beach.

Room Tip: seafront balcony rooms with excellent view of the sea & Chaweng beach
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank nnchin
Mngsamuibayview, Owner at Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. Regarding your review, we do apologize for the inconvenience issue that you may cause during your stay. We will surely fix the problem and improve our service. We hope to have a chance to serving you again soon.

Best regards
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I recently spent one night here and found that the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They even went out of their way to help me out, for this alone I highly recommend the place.

My room was very spacious with gorgeous views of the sea and Chewang beach. Breakfast is not as grand as at other resorts but for me it was fine as I don't eat much in the morning. I didn't eat other meals here but I did get to see the picturesque views from the restaurant both at sunset and later in the night and I am sure had I been here with my husband we would have enjoyed a romantic meal on the premises.

I hired a motorbike from the resort, which I highly recommend. I was in Samui to see the doctor and do some shopping so it was ideal for me to be able to get around on my own. Yes it is a little bit more expensive to rent from the resort as opposed to other places but it meant I didn't need to drop the bike off before leaving the next day.

I will surely stay here again next time I am on the island.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank KhaolakYoga
Mngsamuibayview, Owner at Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. Your compliment is the great support to us. We hope to seeing you again soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

We only went to the Best Western because we were given a special offer through an online agent in Dubai and luckily we paid next to nothing. The welcome on arrival was warm and inviting and the rooms were clean and pleasantly comfortable. There are limited amenities, so ensure to provide your own i.e. bathroom soaps, hair dryer etc.

The surrounding scenery and views from the hotels main lobby made up for the poor service. Plus we couldn't resist cocktail hour from 1pm till 7pm at 99 baht. They wont offer drinks around the poor not even a bottled water so I recommend you go to the local Tesco supermarket and buy plastic cups and bottles of water. Order your cocktails in the bar area and transfer them into the plastic cups. Voila!

The staff were friendly and tried their best but due to a language barrier and lack of training from management they were unable to fullfill their duties. Best, the therapist in their spa gives a fantastic massage, she may be small but her strength is firm and strong so look out. The bar closes at 10pm so ensure you've ordered your drinks in beforehand.

There are deals for 40 GBP per night which I would say is worth it whilst anything above would be over priced. The hotel setting and location is lovely but its stuck in the 70's/80's and needs a full interior makeover.

Room Tip: Must have sea facing room. The view is the hotels best feature.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Mngsamuibayview, Owner at Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review and comments. We will focus more on our service and hope to seeing you again soon.

Regards,
scarborough
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

We went to Thailand in August 2012. Amazing views from the pool. Lovely staff, very helpful and clean. Rooms were spacious and had everything we needed as a young couple. Beautiful restaurant, bit pricey but views are outstanding, other holiday makers travel here to have evening meals. Free shuttle to Laimi beach which is gorgeous, we went there everyday to their sister hotel and had free sun loungers all day. Only downside was breakfast was a little weird and basic but nothing compares to your normal english breakfast. The hotel is up a very steep hill so be careful. Mopeds are easy to rent, maybe a bit steeper than you could find but it meant we could drive straight back to hotel. Tuk-tuks and taxi's are ordered from reception, it is a fair walk to town from hotel. We loved it, quiet, calm, beautiful, everything for a relaxing holiday.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hayley_ellen99
Mngsamuibayview, Owner at Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. Your compliment is a great support to our management team and staffs. Regarding your comment, we will ensure to improve our breakfast to satisfy our value guests. We hope to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel
Marco Polo Resort & Restaurant
Boujis Boutique Resort
Boujis Boutique Resort
#38 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to Samui Bayview Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!