“Spectacular View, didn't even wanna leave.”

Samui Bayview Resort & Spa
Ranked #55 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Thailand
“Spectacular View, didn't even wanna leave.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2009

I went to Samui around end of June. This hotel was recommended to me by a friend who told me about their wonderful experience at Samui Bayview Resort.
I spent about a week at the hotel and I wish I didn't wanna leave. The hotel was on a cliff between Chaweng and Lamai beach so the view was spectacular. You can see the entire Chaweng Beach which was extremely beautiful especially during night time. And because the hotel is on the cliff and facing east so the sunrise view was very beautiful. I posted many pictures of my Sumui trip on my FaceBook and I got tons of message from my friends asking about the hotel.
My first impression when I arrived at the hotel was the hospitality of the people at the hotel, everyone was very nice and very helpful. They also advise me for a trip to Nang Yuan island which was a very wonderful experience. I would also recommend that you try the food at the hotel. The taste was amazing and I can tell you that it is worth the money.
The only thing that some people might find that it is inconvenience is that the hotel doesn't have its own beach. But I found that there are shuttle between this resort and another hotel on Lamai beach which is also owned by the owner of Samui Bayview. The shuttle leaves every hour so I found that it was quite convenience. I would also recommend the spa and Thai massage at the hotel. It was extremely amazing.
My bottom line is that it worth every money that I spent and I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Bangkokian2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Thai first
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

Ive stayed with my gf for 1 week at Samui Bayview Best Western resort and it is really a great hotel. The staff is friendly and helpfull, rooms are clean and -needless to say- the view is amazing. We rented a motorbike for a week and this resolves any possible transportation problem (who wants to go to the same beach everyday anyways?). I will get back to this hotel for sure. Thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
istanbul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2009

As stated on the other posts, hotel is beautiful and views are amazing and its quiet, peaceful etc.... so i wont repeat. The location is 10 min to chaweng center by motorbike. We rented a motorbike for all our holiday so for us the location of the hotel was very good too. far enough but close enough. Oh and the staff ! They are extremely helpful and always smiling. Especially the lady with the glasses at reception she is very professional and i must admit she made my holiday better! The day that we came i saw there is construction at the back side of the hotel (not hotel's construction) so i went to reception to ask changing my room. Because we are light sleepers. She upgraded us immediately! They are making sure you are happy and comfortable! And the price we paid was really good price in Samui standards. Overall, i was very happy with my hotel and my stay (thanx to that glasses lady:) İf i go back to Samui i would stay here again and i recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2009

We went on our honeymoon and were travelling around Koh Samui. We originally booked 3 nights but stayed another 3 because the hotel was so good.
They prepared our room beautifully with petals on the bed. We had a lovely view from the room but didn't really use it as the view from the bar and restaurant was wonderful for the evenings, and the view from the poll was spectacular for the days.
It is the ideal place to stay if you want somewhere to relax, and chill out. They provide breakfast which is better than the other hotels we stayed in, they provide beach towels and a safe, and there is a decent movie channel showing films in English available in the rooms, as well as the usual BBC world service.

The only downside was that the hotel was up a very steep driveway, and between 2 resorts, so it was difficult to get to the beach on foot (we tried). They provided free hourly transport to Lamai (the 2nd biggest resort on the island), and twice daily transport to Chaweng, (the biggest resort). This was useful and meant we were able to go to the beach as often as we liked. However, there was nothing at night, so you had to get a taxi or catch one of the buses which toot for business along the main road. No big deal if you're the type of people who like to stay in the hotel at night, the food there was good and we stayed ourselves 3 of the 6 nights.

Between the hotel and Lamai, we found a restaurant called the Tarua Samui Seafood. It was full of locals in the evening and had Karaoke on, but was the best restaurant we found on the island, serving fresh seafood, some of which you could select directly from the tank.

All in all, this hotel is fantastic if you want to relax and are happy to limit your experience to 2 resorts, and for a beach/pool holiday, it is perfect. We were very happy to stay at such a wonderful resort for 6 nights. However, afterwards we craved a little adventure and went to a different hotel in the Big Buddha area where we hired scooters to get around, and were able to have a more independent experience within short walking distance of the beach for those moonlit strolls. We are glad we did both.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2009

We arrived and after emailing the hotel, they picked us up at the airport after a long flight. Check in was pleasant. A drink and a cool scented flannel whilst we enjoyed the stunning panoramic view (the best view I have ever had at any hotel) from the terrace and relaxed. We were upgraded to a grand deluxe sea view room. The style is rustic but in good condition and comfortable. Once you see the views from the room, everything else seems insignificant.

The maid service in the room is excellent, the staff are incredibly friendly throughout the hotel. The room was spotlessly clean every day and every request was met with a huge smile. They just didn't know how to say no it seems!! I would agree with the comment that the bed, although huge, was hard. It took a little bit of getting used to!

We ate a couple of times in the hotel and the food was nice. Not stunning, but very nice and good enough for a quick snack. The restaurants to try in my opinion are The Cliff which is about half a mile from the hotel and Eat Sense which is in Chewang. Both of these are wonderful restaurants - slightly on the pricier side, but sometimes, you get what you pay for.

The pools in the hotel are beautiful. We lounged a few times around the pool and enjoyed it immensly. We are really beach goers though, so the pool was not our focus. One downside though is that they did not have a waiter service at the pool and the pool bar was closed as the hotel was so quiet, so you had to treck up a couple of flights of stairs to get a drink. This should be addressed by the hotel.

The distance from the main towns didn't bother us. Its ten minutes in a taxi van, costing 100 baht (£2) for two people if you know how to haggle!! If you want to be posh and get a proper taxi, its £4. Of course, during the day, the hotel runs an hourly shuttle to Lamai (which has the best beach anyway) and back. There's also a twice daily shuttle to Chewang, so you only have to pay for transport at night. You have to haggle though. You should only pay half of what they ask you for initially - too many people aren't doing this and the drivers are getting away with murder!!

Overall, the strongest positive points were the views and the staff. Every morning the views took my breath away and it was lovely to be greeted by smiling staff who were genuinly courteous and kind every day. I have never experienced better hospitality. The levels of service at the hotel were excellent. The negatives were the lack of service for drinks and snacks around the pool which I hope is something which the management will address. I do not consider the fact that the hotel is up a hill and away from the main towns a disadvantage. You know this when you book and this allows you to retreat from the busy towns and hustle and bustle to somewhere quiet, welcoming and relaxing. A perfect home away from home.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel
Marco Polo Resort & Restaurant
Boujis Boutique Resort
Boujis Boutique Resort
#43 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to Samui Bayview Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!