“Best Shisha on the Island... A Must Visit!!”

Djouns. Lounge & Shishas
Ranked #75 of 191 Restaurants in Chaweng
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We decided to check Djouns after great reviews from TripAdvisor and found it perfect to visit after a meal at Dr Frogs which is only 5 minutes round the corner.

We visit a lot of shisha bars in HK and the UK and this has to be one of the best places I've visited for Atmosphere, Quality of Service, Friendliness and the Shisha is amazing.

They stock Starbuzz and Al Fakher shisha and have lots of different flavours to choose from.
They give you Shisha in an Ice bucket and if you request it ice pipes to make the Shisha super smooth.

The lounge area is soo comfy that you have to be careful not to fall asleep as its super chilled. The mood lights make a cool chillout place to hang for a good few hours.

The guys know their stuff and if we had any issues with the Shisha becoming a bit harsh they would adjust the pipes and coal and return it back to being super smooth again.

We enjoyed the place so much we visited it another 5 times for Shisha and we had dinner there twice and the food is excellent to.Good choices from Western to Thai food and all cooked fresh to order.

Not sure if the previous reviewer went to the same place as us but this is definitely not a tourist trap and one of the best places to visit on the island!

3  Thank Jonny H

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Went there for dinner based on trip advisor reviews. Kitchen closed, drinks were terrible and we skipped the sisha. Far from everything, 3-400 bath taxi ride each way. Stay away...

5  Thank Beeriks
Djouns, Gérant at Djouns. Lounge & Shishas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

TOURIST TRAP , hahaha are you crazy ?

the taxi charge you 400 bath from chaweng ,, WHAT ? ? ? you want he drove you for free ???

drink how can be horible ??? we have recipe ,, thats easy COME ON you want gold inside ???

yeah our kitchen was closed ,,, that sorry the taxi dont told you ,,,,

New attraction djouns is tourist trap hahahaaahahah

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Djouns is a surreal place with an amazing atmosphere, the lights music, location and huge lounges make the place worth visiting alone.

I can't comment on the shisha as I don't smoke it enough to tell the difference between the brands, although I did hear it was the best around.

I ordered the chicken tempura and my girlfriend had the carbonara both were out of this world, the best dinner I had while I was on koh samui.

The owner came out multiple times to check the food and shisha I didn't have the heart to tell him I couldn't tell any difference with the shisha, he was very polite and spoke fluent English.

1  Thank Onepowerball01
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

This place is so funky with all the lights. They have an assortment of seating options and is very relaxed. The service is great, the staff are friendly and the food is amazing.
I will definitely be coming back here on my next visit.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

If you wanna eat tasty thai food with a little twist and if you like to chill out with a shisha and a drink then definitely go to djouns. It might be a bit pricy compared with cheap thai places but it's not expensive (main course around 300-400 baht). The staff is very polite and helpful and attentive and the owner is a laid back guy. Really worth a visit. If you are looking for the place through tripadvisor on the map you will be close but you will not find it since its shown incorrectly (at least when we were there). The place is on the road (not sea side) and about 200 meters southwards then shown on the map. (I told the owner about this so maybe its fixed already).