“Fantastic Stay”

Ranked #5 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed at Banana Fan Sea Resort for 5 nights and it was a great stay, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the breakfast was great huge selection and the location was perfect, if we were to return to Koh Samui we would stay there again no question.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Where do I begin. BFSR would have to be the best place I've ever stayed, and I've done my fair share of travelling. We have just returned home after a 14 night stay and couldn't be happier. I booked BFSR after reading reviews from Trip Advisor and thought this would be the perfect place for me and my friends to celebrate my 40th birthday. I am so pleased I did. We had 44 people in our group and every single one of us were over whelmed with BFSR friendly efficient service. Mas from reservations was fantastic with all of our room bookings, everyone got the rooms they requested (very unusual for such a big group). Supit the General Manager greeted us everyday and was so impressive knowing everyones name from the moment he met you. Yut the Pool Boy was so friendly and would greet you with a big smile and towel every day. I could go on and on about all of the staff, they were so wonderful, each and everyone of them. BFSR hosted an amazing 40th birthday party on the beach for me and it was simply stunning, with the help of Nam and Ta my special night could not have been more perfect - fabulous food from Aon the Award Winning Chef and the decorations just made the night even more special, BFSR even managed to organise a full moon for the event, truly amazing. I would highly recommend this little piece of heaven. I can't wait to get back. Thank you Supit and team for an amazing holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
gstaad
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I had a great time at this place, was there only for 8 days, but i will be definitely comming back to Banana. Everybody that works there is meeting you with a big smile, positive energy. The Baitong restaurant i can only recommend, the food, service, Edgar the entertainer, Kwanta and her team, Sophon and his foods, everything will make your stay very comfortable and leave you with a full of beautiful memorys.
Thank you Supit and your team for making my holiday a great adventure.
I will be back.
Jozef

Room Tip: deluxe room in the garden, i had 303 and was very satisfied
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank kvorko
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I would like to say what a wonderful honeymoon we had. You guys really went out of your way to make us feel special. The food and service was superb and we will definatly be coming back again! The location was wonderful with walking distance to everything we needed.

1 Thank Kerry P
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My new husband and I booked this hotel last minute as part of our honeymoon to Thailand, Koh Samui. We only stayed 2 nights before relocating 2 doors down to a different hotel on Chaweng Beach.
When we arrived very early morning, a 10am flight into Samui, the staff were very accommodating and told us our room was ready. We were greeted with a cool drink and cold wet towel and a friendly front of house then promptly shown to our room.
Since booking 2 days before departure, we could only get a Deluxe room instead of a Pool View. The room (201) was garden view, but it was very spacious. It had a queen and a single bed and was not crowded at all. The bathroom was a little dated but we didn't spend that much time in there so it can be overlooked.
The short stroll to the pool and then onto the beach at the back of the hotel is FANTASTIC! The main pool was big enough for adults and a jacuzzi area which doubled for the younger children which was shallow and allowed you to sit. The view was breathtaking on a sunny, cloudless day, into the clear waters of Chaweng Beach. The few steps onto the beach from the pool and into a hotel resort guests only section was superb. You are guaranteed a beach view sun lounge any time of day with unobstructed views of the sea.
The pool staff were great, attentive and alert to all our needs to pool towel and cocktails during our stay.
The included breakfast was very good too. Selection was the usual wide range at most hotels in Thailand or elsewhere but what me and my husband love about Thailand is the 'Egg Station', where a chef is on standby to cook your order of eggs just the way you like them :0) Fried? Scrambled? Boiled? Omelette with the lot? It was awesome to have your eggs freshly fried up or scrambled etc... The chef was great and you could order anything and he would plate it with a smile.
The restaurant manager, Tak, was very nice too and on our last morning, at breakfast, she came over for a friendly chat and to see if everything as ok. We told her that we would definitely recommend the Banana Fan Sea Resort to our family and friends. Plus we would stay longer next time we were in Samui.

Room Tip: The Deluxe room might not be closest to the pool or beach but its really only an extra 20-30 sec fro...
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2012

SENSATIONAL! It was absolutely amazing. The staff were just spectacular, always smiling and so, so helpful with EVERYTHING from taking our luggage off our hands to setting up our regular pool side banana lounges with towels and an umbrella! The location is wonderful, far enough down the beach to escape the hustle and bustle but close enough if you wanted to go out and check out the nightlife. The buffet breakfast was sensational and Edgar the entertainer each night was a lot of fun! Can't wait to head back there!

Room Tip: The pool side villas were awesome, not huge rooms but a stones throw from the pool, beach and restau...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Steph T
Cape Town
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We visited the Banana Fan end September to early October and the hotel was absolutely sensational. Never have I met friendlier staff that is willing to do anything in their powers to enhance your holiday experience. We stayed in rooms 502 and 506 respectively, and it was spacious, clean, tidy and very satisfactory. The hotel restaurant is amazing, the spa is fantastic and the swimming pool is divine. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family without thinking twice.

A very big thank you to the staff at breakfast, the staff around the pool, the cleaners and the reception staff for making this such an amazing and memorable holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family