“Excellent”

Ranked #5 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We recently stayed at Banana fan sea and loved it! We were tavelling as 2 adults and 2 children aged 18 months and almost 3.
We were surprised how small the 2 bedroom pool view rooms were, however we soon adjusted and loved our stay. We had stayed at a different place in much larger accomodations so perhaps our view was a tad warped but the 2 bedroom pool view comprises of one small room with queen bed and small bathroom and the other room is the same with an attached lounge area but the lounge is not separate (just separated). It also has a small bathroom. Our rooms were situated the closest to the pool and restaurant which we felt was ideal. It was not too noisy (except for the extraordinarily load fireworks that people (not the resort) let off at night.
The food was delicious and very well priced. We ate every breakfast, and many lunches and dinners at the restaurant and thought it was amongst the best we had had in Thailand. The room service menu is limited but has a good selection.
But the thing that makes this resort stand out and makes us want to return for our next holiday is the staff! Very very friendly and warm and very nice to our children.
I certainly understand why it has such a high ranking on trip advisor.

Room Tip: We had rooms 206 and 207 which are attached by a secure sliding door to make one 2 bedroom apartment
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 8Feliz9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed at Banana Fan Sea with a friend for 2 nights. From the moment we set foot in the resort, we were extremely well looked after. We were immediately welcomed with an upgrade to a garden deluxe room only a few steps away from the beach / pool area. The rooms were not particularly modern or unique, but very nice. However, the pool / beach area is fantastic. The beach section assigned to the hotel is on the quieter end of Chaweng beach and simply beautiful. If you want to enjoy the Chaweng nightlife you only need to walk a mere 10 minutes along the beach to the other end. At night, this is a beautiful walk. The hotel is clean, staff are helpful & friendly. I would definitely go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SvenKon
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This resort is great. It's right on the beach so you have the option of lazing about the pool or on the beach. It is down the southern, more quiet end of Chaweng which I enjoyed. Having spent NYE at the 'party end' this was a perfect contrast. The staff are lovely, the rooms are beautiful and the food at the restaurant is great. The included breakfast is really delish and there is plenty to choose from.
This place is great for couples, families, singles and friends.
Overall I would recommend this place to anyone and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Depends how many people you have and what you're after- but the little huts closer to the beach...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carly B
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Banana Fan Sea Resort My home from home . Another 15 days in this resort I wish it was more .The staff are all so caring and make this resort the only choice when we come to Kho Samui . I have been here 8 times and now feel part of the family , a good resort makes you feel at home and anticipate your needs . From breakfast to turning down the bed in the evening everything is perfect . We will return again soon to see all our friends at the Banana fan Sea resort .

David and Nid England

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DavidBain2014
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

I like this hotel, it's my second stay here from total 4 visits. Nice location, nice rooms, friendly staff. You will feel yourself very comfortable in this hotel. If you are looking for the nice hotel in the first line of Chaweng it's a right choice. Some hints: very good sea food restaurant Sydney is located on the left side from the hotel, good massage center Friend ( orange chairs, orange uniform) - 200 -300 m on the right side

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mysyk
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed with my girl friend at Banana Fan Sea Resort for nearly a week in December 2013.

We stayed in 502 which was near reception. The room and bathroom were clean and tidy. More functional than beautiful, but the room was spacious. We overlooked the main road, so had the noise off the street at night, which was a bit of a surprise as we had been on Koh Phi Phi previously where there are virtually no cars.

The hotel staff were very welcoming and attentive, they make you feel very regal. We love Pop who is in charge of the activities counter, and booked a few different attractions with her and got her dinner location recommendation every night. Thanks Pop for getting us a good price on everything! Pop had some great recommendations, like going to Fisherman’s Village on a Friday night. Great street food and souvenirs.

Breakfast was delicious, and I loved the beach front balcony tables. So stunning!

The hotel has a great pool, although you've got to be quick with the sun beds.. we never failed to get one, but there won’t be a lot of choice if you turn up later on. The staff were good at coming around and serving us pool side.. I' still dreaming of that banana fritter! The beach was also beautiful and always has plenty of sunbeds.

My birthday was during the time I stayed, and the staff kindly brought out a cake for breakfast and when I went to my room in the evening, I had a beautiful happy birthday message designed out of leaves and flowers – very thoughtful.

I would definitely stay here again, though I’d definitely get a room away from the road!

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the beach, definitely not on the road.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed here for a few nights. While Koh Samui isn't top of my list for fave Thailand destinations as is def geared towards those there to party rather than a family, the resort was comfortable and after I was bitten by a monkey the staff were very helpful and kind in tending to my needs and ensuring I got to the hospital for follow up treatment. Our first night we were placed in one of the front rooms that was very noisy and as we were travelling with a child it wasn't ideal, but the staff kindly relocated us that night to room further out the back. So def recommend staying out the back of the resort for quiet if you're not in Koh Samui to make the most of the party life. Pool was good. Breakfast was included in the accommodation cost and was standard expected.

Room Tip: Down the back away from the street.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family