Lowest prices for your stay
US$595
CheapTicketsUS$595
TravelocityUS$595
Orbitz.comUS$595
1,369 results
All reviews koh samui our honeymoon pool bar outdoor shower happy hour main town ocean view chaweng town egg station villa thailand beach tuks fishermans buggy action
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Staff very friendly and helpful, rooms nice (we had a villa)

A great location for a quiet relaxing break, but just a couple of minutes "tuk tuk" ride into the lively Chaweng beach area for just 50 baht (£1) your possessions will be safe in the room or left on your sunbed by the pool while you take a dip in the sea.

Can't really fault the hotel except for a couple of minor issues:

- as stated in previous reviews housekeeping can be a bit hit & miss ( no toilet paper, water) and sometimes don't come until 4 pm.

- food/drink prices are a bit steep when you compare them to Chaweng prices, I accept that you pay a premium to eat and drink at the hotel, but felt the prices encouraged most people to eat "off site"

Overall really enjoyed our stay and would go back, the food in the restaurant is really nice and breakfast is excellent.

Top tip - there is a pharmacy virtually right across the road from the hotel...DO NOT USE THIS PLACE THEY ARE A RIP OFF! Had to get my wife some paracetamol when she was ill one day, they charged me 180 Baht (£4) however went to the pharmacy in Chaweng later the same night, they charged 12 Baht for the same quantity

Room tip: Don't know what normal rooms were like but I reckon the villas are worth the extra money, caution use plenty of mosquito repellent if you sit out on your balcony after dark
Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank MalcolmW648
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay at Nora Beach. I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

I have noted your overall experience and feedback regarding to housekeeping service. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please note that i have personally passed your comments to our Housekeeping manager, in order to ensure that the high level of our services is maintained at all times.

With regards to our pricing, kindly note that is is inlline with similar properties in this area.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. i do hope that this little issue will not deter you from visiting Nora Beach Resort & Spa in the future and we are looking forward to restoring your confidence.

Meanwhile, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Great place to eliminate your stress. Good location, close taxi ride from restaurants and shops.
Bar pool great place to hang out. The beach is small but the pool makes up for it.
The SPA was nice & clean, service was great.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa

I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

Thank you for taking your time to share your positive feedback.
I will share your experience with our entire team.
We are looking forward to welcome you again.
Meanwhile, If i can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Just returned from this resort the only good thing was the weather. We had to ask reception 3 x all ignored for basic items such as toilet paper and complimentary water and this only was provided when we complained to the rep. Our beach towels were changed once meant to be daily , unsure if bedding was changed at all. Lots of staff all friendly but non to be found when you need them. A dreadful beach full of rocks and rubbish and you get moved off it at 3pm by staff preparing for the evenings entertainment. Samui is very expensive by Thailand standards , triple the price of other parts but not nearly as nice. Some parts very sleazy especially Chaweng, lots of elderly men in search of their Thai honey !,! Phuket is much better, lovelier hotels and beaches and loads cheaper.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Dear Allyty,
Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa
We hope you had a pleasant return journey.
Honestly, we have to say that we take every review very seriously and we do appreciate every feedback positive or negative to ensure that we continually deliver the high experience to our guest. Unfortunately on this occasion we failed. There is nothing we can do about it only to apologies.

Dear Guest,
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay.

However I would like to correct some information. As I said before, we take every comment very seriously and therefore I did immediate action to find out what happened, due to the fact that we spoke each other and I never been informed about any serious issues. I spend more than two hours every day during the breakfast walking around and chatting with our guest, usually if something wrong I find out straight away. It is a shame that you did not inform me. I would make sure that everything would be taken care of.

Regarding to your comments:

3 x request basic items, I’m sorry if it take little bit longer than is normal, but our record said that it has been deal within 15 minutes after your requested it and those request has been in three different days. We are sorry that you felt like no one paying any attention to you.

Every room is providing with two bottles of complimentary water, In case you run out same day, you can call House Keeping and will bring it another one (Free of Charge). I think this was the same case. Our record said it has been done within 15 minutes from your request. Again, we’re sorry if you felt like it took more than it should.

I have spoke with your Representative last night and I’ve been confirmed that there were no major complains from you part of toilet paper. I have address this to our Housekeeping department to make sure it won’t happen again. You are right there is no excuse not to have a toilet paper in your room and therefore please accept our sincere apologies.

Beach towels: During your period we have changed our procedure with beach towels, due to the fact that we had several issues with them. From now all beach towels are available near swimming pool. We have informed all our guest on the day we’ve changed the operation procedure and also every room has received informative letter.

Dreadful beach full of rocks and rubbish: After rainy season in November, which last couple of years is getting closer to December is time of the year when the sea is very rough. Many big storms on the sea during this time of year bringing big waves and also lots of rock, rubbish, sea weed, plastic bottles, etc. We trying to clean our beach three times per day if possible, but during the high tide and big waves it is very dangerous for our staff to clean this mess. I hope you understand my concern.

With regards to our pricing, kindly note that it is in line with similar 4* properties in this area

Chaweng is busiest and crowdies places on Koh Samui. Generally Koh Samui is much more layback place than Phuket, but in this case I will leave it to everybody else make their own opinions about the Island.
Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

My family recently returned from 7 days at Nora. After a week in Phuket we needed time to relax and this fitted the bill perfectly. Staff were so friendly, in fact by the 3rd day they knew us by name and a friendly greeting welcomed us to the restaurant, gym, pool or reception. The hill was a shock the first day but the lush surroundings made the walk back to the room a pleasant one. Position was ideal. Would have no hesitation is staying again, except next time we will stay longer. The highlight was the cooking school I did with my son at the hotel restaurant. Paula the soux chef was awesome and now I can proudly boast of my Thai cooking skills.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank MichaelB1961
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Greetings from Sunny Koh Samui and from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,
I hopo you had a pleasant return journey.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay.

We are very happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your visit. Espacialy cooking class. I remeber that day. I hope you continue cooking back at home as you said you will be :-)
I will personaly share your experience with our entire team and especialy with Khun Wala our Sous Chef.

Meanwhile, If I can be of any further assistance,k please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stayed in one of the Ocean Villas. The room is well furnished and comfortable, the aircon and blinds combined with a comfortable bed meant even when it's hot & humid outside you can sleep well. I could sit on the balcony in the morning, see the beach and listen to the waves.
The pool bar and restuarant are both great, the staff were excellent. Pool loungers do get taken up quickly though.
It's not far to Chaweng and if you walk down the road a little, there's a few little bars/restuarants that are cheap and tasty. I would recommend a taxi into Chaweng though. Theres also a minimart 5 mins down the road.
Would love to go back - wish Koh Samui was closer : - )

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank 912ChrisS
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Greetings from Sunny Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

Please note that I have shared your positive feedback with our entire team and eveyrone are delighted to see that their efforts are greatly appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Nora Beach for another memorable holiday.

Best regards,