“An enjoyable stay”

Nora Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at Nora Beach Resort and mostly the experience was very positive. We went for the cheapest room option, which was 2 superior rooms as we have 11 and 10 year old boys and a baby. Unfortunately, these rooms are not interconnecting, which posed a slight problem in checking up on the boys but we got around it. To get connecting rooms you have to spend considerably more and go for the villas, which we felt was a bit of an overkill for the kids to have one all to themselves. Nevertheless, every other aspect of the stay was very pleasant. The pool and restaurant area was lovely as was the lush garden. The beach was nice and water very shallow which makes it very child friendly. The staff was very helpful at all times. We left our baby's shoes at Haagen Daz in Chaweng and they retrieved them for us. My kids did not want to leave and I certainly could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear Pat P,
Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We are glad to hear that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us. Say hello to your kids. It was nice to getting to know you.
If there is any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me
om@norabeachresort.com

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We live in Australia and wanted a destination wedding; we had no idea how wonderful the team at Nora Beach Resort and Spa would be. We chose the western wedding package. I won’t ruin the many surprises they include as part of the package; however I will say we were blown away. From the preparation via emails right through to saying good-bye after our stay all the staff, especially Michelle, were absolutely amazing.

The resort and package completely surpassed all expectations and I just don’t know how anyone would not enjoy their wedding/stay.

The views are breathtaking, the food is to die for (I really want that recipe for the seafood soup we had at our private BBQ dinner). Incredible spread at the breakfast buffet.

I would have to say my highlight of the resort would be all the wonderful staff, always smiling and making sure you are happy, in fact going out of their way to assist you any way they can.

Thank you again! And we will be back 

Room Tip: It is worth saving a bit more and booking the villa, even if you have to shorten your stay, you can...
2  Thank Robyn H
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Robyn & Michael,

Thank you very much for give us a chace to handle your special event.
Just talk to Michelle and convey your compliment to her.
So we do look forward to welcome you back to Nora Beach again someday!
22 Mar of everyyear will be special day for both of you if you plan the trip to return to Koh Samui.

All the best!

Regards,
Jeff Sakakorn

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed at the Nora for 16 Nights in a standard room. We found the room to be very spacious with an LCD tv.

The area in which the hotel is based is ideal for the attractions around such as the crocodile farm a 15 minute walk, buddha 8 mins in cab and the town centre, which for us was roughly a 15 minute walk. (Slow Pace)

Plenty of Buffets and entertainment on at the hotel for a price.

I would suggest getting up early for sun loungers as although there are plenty the hotel was fully booked when we stayed and it was hard to find a seat after breakfast. The pool has plenty of umbrellas aswell, but I found the resort to be covered in sun by 1pm unless you sit next to the resteraunt on the sand.

The food at the hotel was lovely and I would def recommend the egg station.

Overall a great stay. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear cazz2307,

Sunny Greetings from Nora Beach Resort&Spa,

We would like to thank you for choosing Nora Beach Resort & Spa for your recent stay and at the same time thank you for your time to share your experience with us. I have noted your overall experience and I have to say your comment about sun beds are fair. Due to this fact we have decided to buy additional sun beds for guest convinient. Additional 30 sun beds has arrived to our resort two weeks ago so from now we believe this little problem has been solved. I hope you had a pleasant return journey and we are looking forward to welcome you again.

Your Sincerely,

Reviewed 3 April 2013

After reading mostly good reviews, the hotel lived up to its expectations, the hotel set out is lovely and spacious even around the pool and beack plenty of space for everyone, and the hotel was full when we went. Beach was beautiful, much nicer than others parts of Thailand I have been to, pool and all areas nice and clean.
You see a lot of staff around working constantly on the gardens, beach etc so up keep is very good.

Food was amazing a reasonably priced at the hotel too unlike others I have stayed at which was nice!

Location is ideal as 5 mins from town, and taxis and buses are plenty costing you 50 baht on a bus (more like a cab) and 100 baht in a cab, and the town has everything.

Really enjoyed every minute of the holiday and will be returning next year for another stay!

My ownly note I will make that i wanted to feed back, is that i found our room very clean and tidy and room serviced everyday, but I found the furniture needs a bit of attention, started to look worn and the stool in our room 8217 was broken also, but looks like it needs replacing anyway, would be nice to see it have a face lift a little, even if just revanished really, not replaced, and also our bathroom, altough the bath etc was all clean, again just round the edges of the bathroom were a bit dusty or marks on the wall, just again something you notice in a hotel, just needs a good going over, so there are no marks etc to make it looks dirty. But again not a bad point really just personal prefernce i suppose, and something i wouldnt like to see when we return next year.

But all in all loved and and as i said cannot wait to go back, best holiday I have had in thailand.

Dear BillieH0907,

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort&Spa
I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with our resort. We are delighted to hear that you had such a great time with us and i will personally share your experince with entire team in the hotel. Please note that we are awere of some room issues and we are planning to improve it immediately in next few weeks.

Once again thank you for your time and we are looking forward to welcome you again.
Meanwhile, If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this hotel from our travel agent, and was very excited to be staying at Nora Beach after reading such positive reviews. The hotel is located in a good spot and the beach is lovely, the hotel itself, poor. Very tired and reminds me of an 80's style motel, very bland, almost beige. The pool is great but full of kids, we even saw a floating nugget, yuk... Breakfast is totally crap, maybe I've got high expectations from staying at Tongsai Bay but I was hoping for a lot more. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear Jodesinclermont,

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort&Spa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay. I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. Our service consistency is something which we are always working to improve so that we may deliver an enjoyable experience to all of our guests. I am disappointed to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us, If there is any more feedback from this visit that you would like to share please contact me directly at om@norabeachresort.com and I will be glad to personally assist.
We hope to reassure you of our commitment to provide better service and to ensure a memorable stay for all our guests. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We chose Nora Beach as our accommodation and wedding destination. We picked this resort by looking at pictures on the internet and reading these reviews. The wedding planning was extremely easy and stressfree and I would recommend this resort to anyone interested in getting married overseas. All our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been too and everything exceeded our expectations.
The resort itself was lovely, gardens are amazing and the design of the resort is thai inspired, so if you love the exposed wood, tikki huts and tropical palms then you would love this resort. We stayed in a Nora Villa which was set off the path surrounded by garden and the private balcony looked over the fish pond. As a few people have mentioned the rooms are a bit tired but the only thing I noticed was there were no draws for your clothes and the TV was an old box set, set in a large wall unit. Apart from that I found them very comfortable.
The staff are lovely, always have a smile and remembered our names. They were very helpful when booking our hens/bucks night and rang and booked places for us. They also spoke english quite well.
Breakfast buffet was well worth it. They have a huge selection and each day the Thai menu changed. There wasnt a day when we missed out on the breakfast!
Pool area was lovely, and there is a swim up bar which is a must. The pool staff went and picked a fresh coconut off the tree for my Mum and I when they had run out of them.. and you have to drink a fresh coconut when in Thailand!
The resort is located just North of Chaweng, there is a laundry drop off and also scooter hire just across the rd, Taxi's and tuktuk's are easy to get and you wouldnt pay anymore than 200 bht to drive the 5 minute rd to Chaweng... but I would recommend getting a scooter as its very easy to get around and riding around the island and stopping where you want is great.. but be safe as we did hear of a few accidents involving tourists and scooters.
Overall we had the most amazing time and hope to come back in the future, and we would be more than happy to stay at the Nora Beach again.

1  Thank Scott-Erin2013

Dear Scott and Erin,

Sunny Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

First of all, in the name of entire team of Nora Beach we would like to thank you for choosing Nora Beach for your big Day. It was our pleasure getting to know you, your family and your friends. At the same time we would like to wish you all the best on your life journey and we are looking forward to welcome you again, maybe next year for your 1st anniversary.
Once again, thank you for sharing your great review on tripadvisor. The entire team is delighted to hear that their efforts have been appreciated.

Meanwhile, if I can be any further assistance, please do not hesitate do contact me.

Best regards

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed 6 nights here and loved it. The staff were great and upgraded our room which was a nice surprise! The facilities are great, pool is amazing (has a swim up bar!). It's close enough to Chaweng that you can walk (or catch a cheap cab or ute to) but it's far enough away that you can escape the madness.. it's worth mentioning they have a free shuttle to and from town a few times a day. Hard to make a call on the value as our room was an upgrade but we did loads of research before we booked and that was one of the reasons we chose Nora. The bar and restaurant weren't cheap but they did have a happy hour and specials which help! The spa onsite was really nice and again there was a happy hour! We loved it here and will definitely be visiting again.

Room Tip: There is no lift so if you're afraid of stairs then choose a room on a lower floor!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tom M,

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,
We are very happy to read that you had such a great time with us and I will personally share your comments with our entire team. I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back very soon.
om@norabeachresort.com