My partner and I arrived into Koh Samui airport one evening and were picked up by a driver from the Resort. The check in process ran smoothly and shortly after we taken to our room. I'm usually very picky when it comes to Accommodation but was very happy with the resort standards. Everything was clean, aesthetics were lovely and I instantly felt comfortable in our space. We stayed in a Nora Villa which included a balcony. I noticed on the first night that there were a small amount of tiny ants in the room/ bed which surprisingly didn't bother me too much, but after 4 days we checked into the pool villa which didn't seem to have the ant problem.
Breakfast buffet was nice, I overheard some guests comment they were disappointed about the amount of "dinner" foods available, however I didn't think this was an issue and I believe is quick common amongst Thai resorts. There were several other options such as juice, yoghurt, muesli, pastries and fruit. There is an area where you can have eggs any style made. My main complaint about my breakfast experience is that the service is quite poor. Each guest is required to prepare their own coffee. On 95% of the occasions I went to make coffee, the water filter needed to changed, the coffee beans required refilling or the bin needed to be emptied. There was always more than plenty staff roaming the breakfast buffet but seemed oblivious to check on this.
The most popular time for breakfast was between 8-9am and the line for eggs usually took between 5-10 minutes. A small aspect to mention, but I would prefer a service where you can place an order and have the staff bring to your table once ready.
We checked into The Pool Villa 4 days after check in, it was the room we initially wanted but was unavailable. The room was beautiful, spacious and for couples wanting a little privacy away from the main pool, I would definitely suggest the extra cost. The private pool was always refreshing and clean, the area had tanning chairs also. It was the perfect setting to lie by your private pool in the sun with a book and your partner by your side.
The main pool was by no means not of a high standard, again it was always clean and although our visit wasn't during high season I wouldn't say it was every noisy or overcrowded. Before checking into our pool villa we enjoyed all our mornings by the resort pool.
The beach isn't the nicest up where the Nora is located as opposed to the resorts further down. There isn't much sand and the water is quite rocky/ seaweedy. The beach is significantly busier 1km- 1.5km down towards the centre of town and I would say the reason is purely because the sand/ water is much more pleasant.
- For the exercise conscious, there is a small gym available with all you need.
- Pool villa size & aesthetics.
- Bar staff on more than one occasion didn't know how to make the drinks on their menu. The drinks they did know how to make didn't taste nice. Nicer drinks at a bar in town are available for a fifth of the price. Bar staff 4 times out of 5 also spoke minimal English.
-The language barrier was surprisingly an issue with quite a few of the staff members we encountered. Eg; called for room service and spoke to 4 people to order a club sandwich.
- Upon checking in the rooms were nice and clean, however during our stay I found that turn over was not carries out efficiently. The bathroom in particular could have been cleaned with more care.
- Issues when calling reception similar to room service, seems like no one could assist with simple queries before speaking to a third or forth person.
- No pool service. Eg; requesting a drink to the tanning beds.
- Resort isn't walking distance from the main part of town, you would need to rent a scooter or catch taxis.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Nora Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nora Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Nora Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Nora Beach Resort And Spa Ko Samui/Chaweng