“Bliss..”

Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Chennai (Madras), India
“Bliss..”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife & I stayed here for 3 nights earlier this month, the resort is around 4 kms from the Chaweng strip which has all the action, however there are regular tuk tuks available right outside for Bht 50 each for drop offs.

The Pros:
- Comfortable rooms & toilets
- View from the balcony was excellent with the sea & mountains
- Breakfast was great with a wide selection of multi cuisine dishes
- Staff were ever smiling and ready to help
- The beach is private & secluded with great views of the mountains

The cons
- I had request a room on the top floors for the sea view, I got one on the 4th floor but there was no elevator !! The walk up is 60 steps !!
- The walk from the room (8133) to the restaurant pretty long
- A bit off from the main strip but I guess this can be viewed as an advantage
- Not too many decent fine dining restaurants within walking distance
- The garden is maintained impecabbly well with a foresty feel. The birds are all over.

Would definitely recommend for those who want a peaceful holiday but still be close to all the action. The resort has everything to make a memorable holiday!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank indrajitkalidasan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Yorkshire
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We are currently staying at the Nora Beach, and it's wonderful. Ignore the bad comments. The staff have been great, especially reception when our luggage did not arrive in Bangkok.

I'm here to enjoy the surroundings and have a great time. The staff are there to make your stay pleasant, I don't want them to be intrusive. I have found every member of staff to be very helpful, pleasant and polite, what more can I ask..

I would def stay here again without any hesitation.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jewls123Yorkshire
Mumbai
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Beautiful property ( full stop) . That's it, nothing more to this place. Place is managed by rude staff who pretend they don't follow English and get away with almost everything. Restaurant staff is worst especially Ms. Miki . There are better properties with courteous staff a few minutes ahead on Chaweng road . Pls don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank mehekp
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My now Husband and I stayed here for 13 nights and also had a our wedding here on 13 May 2014. We had 36 guests in total stay at Nora Beach during the time as well.

Everyone had a great time and couldn't fault the resort. Most of our guests were first timers to Thailand and they thought it was great!! This was however my Husband and I's fourth visit to Koh Samui. We personally found the resort to be a little dated and could do with some TLC. The air con in our room wasn't great which wasn't ideal when my husband was getting ready for the wedding! However when visiting other rooms we found the air con to be great! So I think it was just bad luck. We had an Ocean View Villa. I would actually get the cheaper room as they had newer furnishings and floor and great air con! Or alternatively, get the more expensive Pool Villa as you really couldn't fault those rooms.

Because we had so many guests we were able to experience all the different types of rooms so that was one advantage. I thought the Ocean Villas probably weren't worth paying extra for, its not even that much bigger than the standard rooms - only you had an outside area at the entrance, but you don't really use that anyway!

Breakfast every morning was ok - not the best but certainly done the job. Lunch was great around the pool along with the pool bar - the staff at the pool bar were great!

The pool itself definitely needs some maintenance. We picked up two tiles that had come off the bottom which isn't good when we have little ones playing in the pool. There were a lot of sharp edges around the pool and at the pool bar as well. Understandably it would be hard to rectify this as it would mean shutting the pool but definitely needs doing sooner rather than later.

The wedding day itself was amazing - really couldn't fault any part of it whatsoever. I had a personal assistant that helped with every little detail, the hair and make up guys were out of this world and the actual set up of the wedding was perfection. I highly recommend it if you are thinking about having your wedding here, however wouldn't be in a rush to recommend your guests to stay here.

This certainly isn't a cheap hotel and we found that Nora seemed to lack on the small details and in comparison to other hotels, they didn't have the care factor as much as other hotels - and this is coming from somebody spending a lot of money on a wedding PLUS bringing 36 guests with us and still the little details were missing. As a wedding couple we felt we had been pushed to the side a little which took the shine off and dampened my expectations, but again in hindsight its not a massive deal.

The location is a little out of all the action but we didn't really mind this. We got a taxi into Chaweng most nights - 200BHT. Some of our guests didn't like being able to walk to all the action, but that's each to their own I guess. If your looking for something that you can walk to everything from and still have great resort - choose Chaweng Regent in the main town.

Well - if you have read to the end of this review, well done! That was longer than I anticipated lol also if you are reading this in anticipation of having a wedding here, I'd be happy to answer any questions via email - shelley_deacon16@hotmail.co.uk.

Shelley & Corey Benning

Room Tip: Either pay more and go with a Pool Villa or pay less and just get a standard room!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShelleyandCoreyB
Paris
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed 4 days in this hotel and to tell the truth it was our worst experience in Thailand.Villas are ageing and badly maintained The personnel was rude and we were very surprised by this behaviour. We spent 3 weeks in thailand and we never saw such a behaviour.

II had some problems with the products of the hotel ( I used the shampoo in the SPA on my departure day and my hair was stucked !) We met the Director of the hotel. I was about to cry, and whereas he realised that I was telling the truth he did not apologize and just tell me to return to the Spa and t use my own shampoo ! It took me 20 mn to get the beginning of a result... I am often travelling and I have never met a Director so haughty and contemptuous. Never Again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pascale G
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 10 nights and had a great time. The resort is beautiful and surrounded by lush trees and flowers, giving it a wonderful tropical atmosphere. The beach is very shallow and not great for swimming, but the pool area is gorgeous and relaxing and wasn't crowded at all. When we ordered room service the food was good and reasonably priced compared to other resorts we stayed at in Bangkok. My only real complaint would be the room, it was quite plain which was fine, but the bed was like sleeping on a rock. Worst, hardest bed I have slept in anywhere, it didn't even feel like there was a mattress on it. But that's just personal preference I suppose. All in all, we had a great stay, and I feel like it was quite good value for money, although we spent a fair bit in tuk tuks and taxis getting to the main strip in Chaweng so would probably stay closer to the shopping area next time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karissa D
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My fiancé and I stayed in a Beachfront Villa during May of this year for 6 nights. The features of the villa were fantastic with it's own pool, sala and large villa with separate lounge room right on the beach. However, we were disappointed with a lot of the little to medium things that you should expect when paying top dollar.

For one, the villa needs a renovation. Everything is starting to get old and maintenance is required. From mold in the showers to nails sticking up out of the decking everywhere to sticky doors, dirty floors and sheets/towels with stains and holes. The list goes on.

We used the gym a few times but would have used it more if not for the state of that. It is a small gym but has enough to get by. The problem is that the running machine needs to be replaced (with the tread worn through and the motor only coping to a certain point), the bike having no foot straps, the carpeting is horrible and needs replacing, no gym towels on most days and until 2 days before we left an old tv (was replaced with a new flat screen).

We have stayed at a lot of resorts over the years (including Beyond Resort in Khaolak during the same trip - see separate review) and we found the resort lacked atmosphere (it was going into low season though). The staff were nowhere as friendly as other places and even on check out, we felt we were invisible.

Also, be careful of paying with credit card. I only found out on my return that we charged in effect 4% by paying with credit card versus cash. What they do is convert the Baht rate into your home rate at their rates versus the credit card rate. This is not mentioned anywhere nor told at checkout. I contacted the resort and yes, this is what they do on checkout (not on deposits though). Unprofessional and a rort.

So overall, this is the first time I have written a negative review and I would not recommend going to this resort. There are better ones for better value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple