“Beautiful hotel and value for money”

Nora Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
ireland
“Beautiful hotel and value for money”
Reviewed 30 September 2010

After staying in the Peace resort in Koh Samui and not liking it we moved to the Nora Hotel
This hotel was complete paradise and exactly what we were looking for on our honeymoon. we were removed from the madness of chaweng beach but if we wanted to go they had a free shuttle service to bring us. less then 10 mins drive.
Room was beautiful. Superior room. all rooms from standard up our beautiful
Pool was gorgeous and clean
Staff extremely accommodating and friendly. Great Service
Restaurant was reasonable price for the quality of food. fantastic quality.
Other cheaper restaurants outside of hotel were we had some great meals.
mixture of different nationalities guests which was nice and what we wanted.couple families, newly weds a big mixture.
free internet access first of the 6 hotels we stayed in Thailand.
Beautiful beach and views.
Spa was a little pricey for a massage but a few massage places outside of hotel which were good.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and when we go back to Koh Samui we will be Staying here

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We stayed at this resort for a short stay of 5 nights in a Delux pool villa with a sea view and our 2 teenage kids stayed in a standard room. The villa was beautiful with a good size private pool and great view of the sea, the relaxing large bedroom had a king size bed ( very firm mattress) and a t.v . The lounge room was roomy with another T.V, DVD player and stereo, large day bed, lounge chair and desk and small fridge, tea and coffee machine. The bathroom was also very roomy with full size bath and shower, some mould in the shower but not a big problem as it was serviced and cleaned each day.The breakfast was good with lots of choices. The kids came and spent most of the time with us at the villa, but went to their own room at night. Wi-Fi was cheap and connection quick. Staff at the resort were friendly and helpful. The only small draw back was it took about 10 minutes by taxi to go into town to go shopping or try a resturant. Great resort and would go back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AussieinHongkers
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We stayed here for one week and really loved our time at this resort. The breakfasts were a daily feast of quality western and Thai foods as well as a great selection of fresh local fruits. The breakfast area is right next to the beach, with a beautiful outlook which makes a great start to your day here.

We stayed in a superior room which was always clean, had a great air conditioner and older style TV. Some of interior was a little dated for my partners taste but not something that bothered me.

The staff here are friendly and service was always good, occasionally hard to communicate as their English was not amazing but good enough to get you buy.

All in all a great resort, with an amazing pool, beautiful breakfast area, warm atmosphere and friendly helpful staff. Would definitely recommend this hotel and stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Wales
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We got married at the Nora Beach in March this year, and it was all we could have imagined and more. I did write a really long review a week or so after we got back and then managed to lose it all somehow before it was uploaded so have only just got round to doing it again!!

There was about 35 of us altogether including our two children, aged 2 and 4. Everything from start to finish was fantastic and so professionally organised. It really does put everything in the UK to shame in terms of service and dedication. Most of the details had been organised over email in the lead up to the wedding but to be honest I could have changed my mind completely in the pre-meeting two days before the event and nothing would have been too much trouble! The flowers that were put together the day or two before were the most beautiful I've ever seen and so expertly created. The food was AMAZING and such good value - we went for a Thai Seafood Buffet but basically it was like a huge international buffet with everything and more that we could have ever dreamed of. The whole atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxed but everything was taken care of and the staff were so friendly, especially towards the children. I felt like a celebrity as we sat in the pool villa and looked out into the ocean while we sipped champagne and had our hair and make up done - fantastic experience!!! I am not religious at all and the vows that they suggested were so beautifully written - I don't think there was a dry eye on the beach!! I had prepared all the music that I wanted played at various points in the service but Lloyd (the wedding planner) asked us to hear the guitarist play first. As soon as he started playing in the rehearsal the day before, he took by breath away and I was overcome with emotion, he had such an amazing voice. Would definitely recommend going with that option!

We had a pre-wedding three course meal for all our guests the night before at the Nora Buri (sister resort just up the beach) - this was one of the best meals I have ever had, everyone's steak was cooked perfectly etc etc and they made us flower garlands - the whole wedding/holiday was filled with little touches like this which just made it so special. The Nora Buri is even better than it looks on the website, if you can afford a night or two here then it would be well worth the treat! Included in the wedding package was a meal just for the two of us at the Nora Buri - we had a table set on the beach with our very own BBQ and chef and waiter the night after the wedding - I have never seen so much food on one table for two people in my whole life!

We had some spa treatments down at the sister resort in Chaweng - the Nora Chaweng - which is a great town hotel. Again we were treated like royalty and Lloyd came down to see us off home, as it was our last day and thank us again personally. I feel really sad writing about it now because I just want to be back there!! Happy hour in the pool bar was definitely a highlight as well!

After having our wedding in Thailand nothing else really compares at all back home and I'm so glad we got married in an amazing country and chose the Nora Beach. It was an unforgettable experience and we will definitely be saving up to go back soon!!

Thank you soooo much Lloyd and team for making our wedding day so perfect (sorry it's taken me so long to get this review done!)

PS. If you're looking for a fantastic wedding photographer than go with Chu at www.donudes.com - have a look at his photos on his website to see what I mean! I have tried to upload some photos but it's taking ages as they are such big files, please contact me if you would like to see some photos!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank K_BoWales
Melbourne
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We stayed in a pool villa. The Villa was fine and a great pool. Beach was ok but more of a lagoon. Good breakfasts. The theme buffet nights not so great. We stayed in the villa closest to where breakfast is served (and where the buffets are held) and could too often smell it. One of the pool Villas further away would have been a better experience and would recommend on that basis.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2010

(I have been meaning to write this review for months!)
We had our wedding at Nora Beach Resort in April this year and it was more than perfect in every way! We had over 40 family and friends (including 8 children) ranging in age from 12 months to 80 years old come to stay there with us and it was such an amazing time! From the incredible attention to detail (and I love details!), the excellent food, service, flowers, and just all that you could want in every way.
Lloyd (GM) was so helpful and thoughtful in all that he helped us with. We communicated by email for a few months before hand and although I was a little worried that enough of the 'details' were not arranged beforehand, once we arrived at the resort it was all systems go and he made sure we told him everything we wanted. We really felt like VIPs and it was like living a dream! Whether you are after a very low key casual wedding or a fully blown event nothing is difficult for them! We had staff to help us get ready, the best spread of food, our music all synced perfectly, and even fireworks to top it all off. Dancing on the beach at the reception was so much fun too! We even decided to book the lady boys option for our hair and make up (myself and 2 bridesmaids) and although we didn't know what we would get it was better than you would ever get at home and took half the time!! Lloyd can also book you a nail girl he knows who is great to do acrylics if needed.
Leading up to the wedding was also great and we arranged to have a Girls Day out at Nora Buri Resort where we had a cocktail pool party! The boys played golf at Santiburi and said it was amazing with their own caddys and all! The night before the wedding we also had a Welcome Party for everyone at Nora Buri which was beautiful.
Breakfast is great and a huge variety and gorgeous setting overlooking the beach.
Our guests stayed in a variety of rooms from Superior to Pool villas and all were happy. We also attended another wedding there the year before and we stayed in an Ocean Pool Villa which are just perfect! If you can afford a pool villa I would recommend it, if not just get a Superior room which is spacious enough and had a balcony to enjoy.
The beach at Nora is not one of the big sprawling ones with golden sands, but really everything else about it including the pool make up for that. The ocean is still swim-able and the views are beautiful.
The spa at the resort if lovely and we had a fab treatment there. We also loved going up the road to "My Friend" massage most days for a more affordable treat!
I could go on forever about how fantastic our week at Nora was. All I can say is THANK YOU to all the staff and we cant wait to come and stay again and see our Love Tree!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MojitoMumma
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My wife and I spent our honeymoon here (November 2008 - TA won't let me select earlier than 2009) and loved it.

We stayed in one of their 'Ocean Villa's and it had everything we needed. The villa was spacious and airy, the bath was huge. The bed was perhaps a bit firm, but that's just a personal thing. Sitting on the balcony drinking cold beer and eating take-away from the local food shops was a great way to pass the time, as was watching the beautiful sunrises.

The staff are friendly, efficient and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

We recommended the place to one of my wife's workmates, and they had a great stay here, too.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo