“the best hotel on chaweng”

Chaweng Beachcomber
Ranked #91 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I came to Samui lot of times and i use to work there (hotel advisor) as an accountant and for holidays.
It was the first time for me at this hotel and I've been there with my wife and 4 years daughter
The manager Mr. Eddie and all the staff were the best they gave us the best treatment and this place gone be my only hotel in Samui from now

Room Tip: Take the delax room you don't need more
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 May 2014

It is a very quite hotel away from main bustle from the Chaweng. There were very few guest at the hotel during our visit. So very quite. Restaurant service is ok. Breakfast is very basic with cereals, breads, fruits, and eggs. The restaurant area is not very clean with lot of flies. The beach is also not very clean compared to Chaweng Garden.
The pool is clean and nice but yes the boundary walls looks very shabby.
Overall the price they charge for the rooms are value for money. The locker safe does not work but apart from that the amenities provided were good.
So it is value for money and a good choice if you r in a budget!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sanchari M
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Excellent base to explore Koh Samui island by motorbike or the lively not-to-be-missed nightlife by foot, this beachfront hotel was the first stop of our 2 week trip around Thailand. Friendly staff, clean rooms and communal areas, crystal clear swimming pool, restaurant and of course beach chairs with umbrellas.Many restaurants and bars nearby, whether you are walking along the beachfront or in town. Situated just outside of the sometimes noisy town center. Our double room was on the first floor, with private balcony overlooking the path to the garden. I am glad that we booked on a room only basis as breakfast was a bit pricey and we had breakfast / brunch in town at various restaurants instead. I would definitely recommend this hotel for the budget conscious traveller.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karien l
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I booked this hotel for 3 night for my daughter and her friend for her birthday. They received a warm welcome from a very helpful receptionist who gave them cold flannels to cool themselves down. For her birthday they gave her a free upgraded room. The place was exceptionally clean and well maintained, the rooms were lovely, comfortable beds well furnished bright and tasteful. Beach bags and beach towels along with robes in the room.Breakfast was varied and plentiful. They really couldn't praise the staff and service enough. They were a short walk from bars, restaurants and shops but didn't hear any noise. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would like to thank them for providing such a great service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank alisondarby
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel from the outside looked very nice. A little tired but right by the sea we didn't expect anything different.
We were taken to our room on the 1st floor. Had help with our bags as there is no elevator but we knew this from previous reviews.
Got to the room. The duty manager opened the door, quickly pulled back the door, spoke in Thai and said he would be back in a minute so I peeped around the door to find a huge wet puddle on the floor from where the air con was leaking.
We where then ushered to the 3rd floor to find an ok tired room no different I the room 2 floors below.
It was clean and it had a double and single bed in it. Which was rock hard and gave me backache. ( I like a firm mattress but this was ridiculous).
It also had a tired, old and smelly fridge. Every time you opened the door you got a whiff of old bananas. I guess the smell could have been worse except I hate bananas lol
It had an old Samsung TV which we didn't use.
The bathroom was ok but it was mirrored on one side and the glass was filthy with water marks and dust. The toilet seat moved every time I sat on it and the shower was just about the width of me and I'm only a size 10/12 so the shower curtain kept sticking to me every time I moved. The shower itself was powerful and hot.
Even the complimentary products were old and looked like they were just refilled and not even washed out.
The grounds of the hotel is very lush with palm trees and plants but also a breeding ground for Mosquitos and after being in Thailand for 14 days before this hotel we ended up with loads of Mosquitos bites from sitting on he balcony.
Love the fact that the hotel is situated on the beach and after breakfast we could just laze on a sun lounger which were very comfortable.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ranndy
Reviewed 13 March 2014

i stay here every year, and love the place, the gardens are superb, breakfasts are now fantastic, lots of fruit, no rush to get sunbeds on the beach, no one seems to leave towels on like most hotels, beach and location is great, 10 minutes from the noisy nightlife, pool is also good and never crowded.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank david h
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Location is great. Staff friendly. Breakfast good. Being at the cheaper end of the accommodation side of things the beachcomber is (as it says, 3 star accom). It is quite an old place and the facilities are quite dated, although comfortable. We stayed in a superior room, (middle of the road, in terms of cost) on the 3rd floor. Only thing that I think is necessary is more powerpoints. there were none near the kettle, none on the desk only one next to the bed. Also in the bathroom there is only a powerpoint for shavers and not hair dryers (much to the Mrs disappointment). So there was a hive of activity near the bed powerpoint! I believe we got what we paid for and with a little bit of TLC this place could notch up another star. No the Hilton, but not a backpackers either.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Stefano B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Chaba Samui Resort
#71 of 185 in Bophut
Chaweng Resort
Chaweng Resort
#64 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to Chaweng Beachcomber? Share your experiences!