So we were a honeymoon couple at the resort for 4 days. We simply loved the resort. Since it was our honeymoon stay,
I wish I could also be checked into the pool villa but had to settle with the deluxe villa but that was also beyond my expectations. The resort is very green and at times you feel as if you are in a forest, with beach on the other side. The deluxe villa was spacious, had a jacuzzi, separate basins. My wife simply loved the resort and she wants to return to Samui as soon as possible. We rented a bike from the nearby shop and that helped us to go down to the city center easily. We loved the different animal setup with the towels each day. The beach is right besides the olivio restaurant.
Breakfast was the only let down, since it was the same menu each day. I wish there were more options and some more options for the vegetarians.We didn't try the hotel spa since we found it over-priced. There are cheaper spa options outside the hotel and in the near by area.
Overall, we had a great memorable honeymoon and a special Samui holiday.
Thanks to the entire hotel team for making us comfortable right from the time we landed at the Nathon Pier to the time we took a flight back from the Samui airport.
Not to forget, the reception team arranged breakfast take-away boxes on the check out date since our flight was early in the morning. This is something I have never really witnessed during my previous travel across different places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Odigeo, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng