We stayed at this hotel 4 years ago and everything about it was great,but our second stay just recently was less than pleasing.The room was great and in a good position in the 8th room building.There was supposed to be daily bed turning down which only happened the first day and the rest of the two weeks was not done.The staff were less then friendly but that's not to say all ....we went for the club upgrade and found it to be absolutely fantastic and well worth it.The staff in the club were the best in the whole hotel and most friendly and did everything to be helpful...hats off to them.The buffet breakfast was appalling.The fruit was covered in flies and the bacon was dryer than an old shoe and the staff had a 'couldn't be bothered' attitude..Unfortunately,the island suffered an electric black out due to underwater cable breakage but that was later on in our stay..They cleaning staff were slow in making up the rooms that sometimes our room wasn't even made until 5pm at night..when we arrived there,we were made to wait in the lobby for hours until our room was ready..as far as I'm concerned if you know that people are arriving early then make sure that their rooms have priority over other rooms so that they don't have to wait.and if they have to wait then take them to the club level and make them comfortable until the room is ready.The staff at the Spa were great and professional..The last time we were there,they had staff going around the pool asking if we wanted drinks or food,but this time we found that the majority of the staff ran past you.they had pacer buttons in places to buzz them but then that defeats the purpose of lying back on a deck chair and being waited on...However,we always enjoy our stay in samui,best beach was in front of the centara grand also because the staff clean the sand early in the morning..so in all it was an ok stay..I think the Thais have lost their enthusiasm to please in the service industry in samui..but not all as I said..the best service was in the club level...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and to Chaweng Road. The resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a spa, complimentary Yoga classes, a large sea-gazing pool with swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts, two kids clubs, and 6 restaurants and bars. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, water sports, snorkelling and island hopping excursions, and diving opportunities arranged by the PADI Dive Centre. You'll enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites (from 40 to 132 square metres) while selected suites also provide concierge services. The resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Agoda, HotelsClick, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng