We spent 5 nights at the Centara Grand Beach hotel in Koh Samui from 21st to 27th of December.
We paid a premium,as we booked our hotel room at the last minute and it is a peak time for holiday makers in Thailand. Our deluxe room was nice although not very big. There wasn't any bathtub but the bathroom was big enough for 2 people. The swimming pool was very nice and big. the beach was lovely and there were plenty of loungers for the hotel guests. The fitness centre is great, there are 2 rooms: one for weights and another one for cardio exercise. My only negative comments would be that we paid £170 a night and breakfast was not included which was an extra £12 per person. Plus we were told upon arrival that if we wanted to stay over New Year we had to pay about £100 each to attend the NY gala dinner, and this was compulsory.So we sadly had to leave the hotel as we could not afford to pay for this very expensive gala dinner.
I would say that overall the Centara is a nice hotel but don't stay there at peak hols time as they'll be out there to get you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Fastbooking, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng