This was our second visit to the Centara Grand and our 3rd visit to Koh Samui. As usual i had done alot of research and emailing to secure the best room that we like and the best rate.
We finally settled on the Centara grand as we were only staying for 7 days this time and we new that it was situated on one of the best parts of Chewang beach with no tidal problems.
We booked through a company called Sawadee.com and found them very helpful and easy to deal with over email, and the clincher for us was free rollaway bed,breakfast and club benefits for our 8 year old daughter.
We arrived into Koh Samui early as we took the Silk air flight from Singapore which getds in around 9.15am and quickly went thru customs and around to our waiting driver...15 minutes later we were at the reception area of the hotel.
As we had the Club benefits we were taken upstairs to the club rooms for check in. This was nice and relaxing with the usual check in routine for Asia. The helpful lady told us our room was being cleaned and would be ready in 1/2 hour and that we could have breakfast either at the club or downstairs at the big buffet spread, which was nice and appreciated by us, as we had our first chance to meet Meena from the club who was an absolute treasure throughout our stay!!
After a quick bite to eat we were shown to our room, it was just as expected with plenty of room for us and exactly the set out that we like for our room on holidays. The bedroom side was nice with a king bed and a nice table and drawers where a flat screen tv and dvd player was and some nice hanging space and open bath with seperate shoer and toilet areas, the bathroom area could be closed of with some sliding wooden doors for privacy. Thru to the loung area side there was a working desk with chair and phone and all usual offerings for work. A lounge that can also turn into 2 single beds was great as we used the bottom bed for our daughter and it could be slid under top bed/lounge during the day to keep it clean. This side also had its own bathroom with shower and toilet and hanging space and room to hide your luggage. It also had a dinning table and chairs, with a nice bowl of fresh fruit being delivered every day.
Cleaning the room was a bit hit and miss with cleans happening early some mornings and very late on other days which was a bit annoying for us as we like a clean room before 2.00pm when we usually returned from the beach/pool.
The Club was great and suited us down to the ground, we usually had the buffet breaky downstairs bit would head up the club at lunchtime to have a snack and a drink to cool down. We were always meet with a smile and the staff could not do enough for you, Banana, Meena, Pom and Lar are all a credit to the club and having a nice dring every day at 5.30 pm was a nice way to finish the day for us before heading out for dinner outside the hotel where there are plenty of places to eat and drink.
The pool and beach area are very nice with no problems with loungers for us but the hotel wasnt very busy at that stage. Our daughter went to the kids club alot and liked it, but we as adults felt that it needed to be a little more organised. My wife went to the gym a few times and was happy with the equipment and set up of area.
My wife had 2 spa treatments which seh came home raving about, but if it is busy or raining you have to book early.
Overall we had a good stay but we think that managemnt needs to start looking at putting some major money into the hotel and start to upgrade the rooms and certain areas of the hotel. It has such a nice spot on the island but with so many new boutique hotels popping up they could be left behind as there are so many savvy travellers out there now, so please management start to look at spending some major cash and up grade soon or you will be left behind with a great hotel that will slowly slip away in condition and stature.
Would be hard to stay whether we would return or nort but we enjoyed our little break and very much enjoyed the club benefits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Southall Travel, Fastbooking, Travelbag, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng