We stayed at Centara Grand over New Years Dec 2013, this being our last stop on our Thailand trip. It seems we had saved the best till last - as from the moment we checked in the stay was faultless.
The check in was efficient and we were shown to our villa, with the staff giving a description of facilities as we walked. The villa we had was lovely, very spacious with a private plunge pool, an outdoor area to relax in as well as sofas indoors. We spent some time relaxing in our pool area, as well as the main pool but our favourite was the beach. The main pool is lovely, but the beach is just great as you have the beach vendors, who don't harass you but its nice glancing up from your book once in a while and people watching or glancing out to sea, and going for a long walk along the beach. The beach is a public beach but the beds are reserved for guests.
Breakfast at the hotel was lovely, a good range but probably not the best we have experienced. Service was quick and friendly. We did not eat at the restaurants in the hotel as there were so many others to choose from in Chaweng, we wanted to experience as much as we could.
The location of the hotel was great, right in Chaweng so everything was walking distance. We took the taxis sometimes as we went to Dining on the Rocks (amazing) and 9 gems (not so great) but aside from that we tended to walk and soak up the atmosphere. No matter what time we got back from dinner, we would change into more casual wear and walk all the way up the beach, enjoying a few drinks along the way, and then turning back at Ark Bar.
All in all it was a fantastic experience, and the perfect last stop in Thailand for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng