We have just returned from a ten night holiday in this resort. We loved the large and open garden areas. The beach area of the hotel us just beautiful. Breakfast offered many choices including a noodle bar, pancake bar and eggs done to order. The only issue we ever had, and only on some of get days, was trying to get a tea or coffee refill........minor problem really.
The food in the restaurants was good value and delicious. We loved the Deli attached to the hotel. The coffee was great and the lovely staff who work there are so helpful and charming.
My favourite staff member was the security man on the front gate. He had a beaming smile everyday when I went out to visit the nearby shops.
The hotel surprised me with a cake in our room on the day of my birthday, which was was really appreciated.
We had a pool suite that was very private. It suited us but some people may not like the fact that these rooms have no view. Many of the other room styles have lovely views over the sea. We enjoyed the private aspect though and the beach and sun chairs were all close to our room if we wanted to take in the views.
The standard of the toiletries was very high, in fact the best I've seen.
Over-all, we loved our stay there and have come back to the real world fully relaxed and already planning the next visit to this lovely place. Small warning.....we booked with hotel but it would have been cheaper to book through a booking website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelbag, Splitty, Expedia, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng